Samut Prakan Immigration

Never seen it so crowded like today, but getting there at 10.30 only 6 in front for extensions, great. Reassuringly they have a huge sign on a floor screen promising PROMPT ATTENTION. Today however that only seemed to apply to shutting the doors at 12 and turning off the lights! Got passport back at 2.30, so minus lunch hour took 3 hours to process a few extensions, only 6 more came in after us by the time we left. Recommend a sedative before going, and a pillow. At least no TM 30 nonsense. Seemed to have plenty of staff but felt sorry for the trainee giving out the passports, she was taking a few complaints, not her fault. The only amusement, apart from the sign was the two screens that show the line numbers, they went down as they often do and all they could get back was Netflix, they did it in the end, like everything else! Hopefully by next year they will be back at Paknam.

• Love It 1

Just now, proton said:

Reirement on non immigrant O

Good. So ongoing stay continuous status.

No TM30 required unless you change your place of residence.

Must better the pervious ridiculous rule.

Did SP ask for copy of your most recent TM47.

Im also here on extensions retirement from a non O and it was required for my most recent extension at CW. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good. So ongoing stay continuous status.

No TM30 required unless you change your place of residence.

Must better the pervious ridiculous rule.

Did SP ask for copy of your most recent TM47.

Im also here on extensions retirement from a non O and it was required for my most recent extension at CW. 

Included the lot TM47, 5 year old TM30, all the rest and form printed out from the template on here.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, proton said:

Included the lot TM47, 5 year old TM30, all the rest and form printed out from the template on here.

One last question.

If using money in bank method was copy of bank book pages enough or did they require 12 month of bank statements

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

One last question.

If using money in bank method was copy of bank book pages enough or did they require 12 month of bank statements

Just copies of pages since last application including update today, bank letter from yesterday and copy of first bank page. Highlight from the start last year with a pen. Over one million all the time so they don't have to look too closely..

• Thanks 1

I was told at SP they would only accept Embassy confirmation ( not available from US) or full cash in the bank. A million in the bank more than qualifies for the cash option making your experience not really the bank statement “method”. 
I-had been told a year earlier that as long as I provided statements and bank book proving sufficient income from outside Thailand that would be okay. Turned out not so.

19 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

I was told at SP they would only accept Embassy confirmation ( not available from US) or full cash in the bank. A million in the bank more than qualifies for the cash option making your experience not really the bank statement “method”. 
I-had been told a year earlier that as long as I provided statements and bank book proving sufficient income from outside Thailand that would be okay. Turned out not so.

Some immigration offices insist on bank statements, even when using the money in the bank option. The purported reason is that the bank book might not provide a complete history of transactions on your account (consolidated entries) and a transitory drop below the required minimum might have occurred. Even when there are no consolidated entries in your bank book, some immigration offices force you to get the statements as a matter of principle.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Some immigration offices insist on bank statements, even when using the money in the bank option. The purported reason is that the bank book might not provide a complete history of transactions on your account (consolidated entries) and a transitory drop below the required minimum might have occurred. Even when there are no consolidated entries in your bank book, some immigration offices force you to get the statements as a matter of principle.

Yes, I  “ screwed the pooch” on that once by a couple hundred baht. Had to top up and get a two month extension.

2 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Yes, I  “ screwed the pooch” on that once by a couple hundred baht. Had to top up and get a two month extension.

It is really annoying when that happens, especially as ameliorating that kind of accident is one of the main reasons a senior official was given discretion to waive seasoning requirements.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, john donson said:

barely able to speak any understandable English ?

What? No understandable English? How dare this evil witch!

You're guest in a country where the spoken language is Thai. Learn to express yourself junderstandable if you want to live here.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

What? No understandable English? How dare this evil witch!

You're guest in a country where the spoken language is Thai. Learn to express yourself junderstandable if you want to live here.

you are baiting or trolling, right?

immigration deals with WHOM ???  mostly non-thais as thai people do not need immigration or an extension...

if you want to deal with foreigners, you do not think THEY should be able to communicate clearly for the 1900 baht you pay to get a stupid stamp that cost satangs in the international recognized language ?

served in broken Angrit by an arrogant person that makes up their own rules on the fly and you are defending that...or just trolling or baiting

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, john donson said:

immigration deals with WHOM ???  mostly non-thais as thai people do not need immigration or an extension...

Immigration in each country deals with whom? Right, they deal with foreign nationals.

Does the IO in your home country speak Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic or Kisuaheli to deal with the foreigenrs in front of him?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Immigration in each country deals with whom? Right, they deal with foreign nationals.

Does the IO in your home country speak Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic or Kisuaheli to deal with the foreigenrs in front of him?

In my country all forms for free healthcare and welfare benefits have been translated into 26 languages and they must provide interpreters. Note: I don't approve and I think Tony Blair should be sent the bill for this.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Never claimed to be doing a bank statement method. Are you saying you had a years statements of 65k a month deposits from abroad and they turned you down for an extension? if so what was the reason.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 1:21 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

immigration website is in thai and english

are people dealing with non speaking thai , aka immigration, not able to speak one international recognized business language that is even thought in school ?

I speak 3 languages fluent, understand most in a 4th and notions of 2 others...

immigration in arab countries like dubai, marocco, etc... will certainly try in ENGLISH

• Haha 1