Is the US trying to kill crypto?

Social Media

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What about Bitcoin, anyone who has bought and held for 2.5 years + is well in profit.

They are not in a true profit at this time unless they have sold at an actual profit!

It is only a paper asset (if that) until when they actually sell it for more than they paid for it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Unwise investors who buy at the top and sell when it goes down. Silly investors that see a bull run and buy, not having done research and expect not to have to hold for any length of time to make a profit. 

Were you one of them? Did you make a loss or a gain on your crypto?

This is a problem, is 'crypto' a currency or an investment? The two are not the same.

A currency is something you use day to day, you get paid with it and you in turn use it to pay your bills and buy goods and services. For that you need stability, you salary should have a similar value at month end as it did at the start. This allows you to effectively budget and manage your finances.

An investment is different, it's something you buy and hold in the expectation of making a profit when you eventually sell.

Until crypto actually behaves like a currency it can't be one.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2023 at 8:04 AM, sirineou said:

Realy? the US is not crazy about a currency that could if successful replace the dollar  as the world bussiness currency,  and make transactions difficult to trace, regulate, and tax? 

I cant believe that,must be fake news. 

You have no idea what your talking about! All transactions on the blockchain are traceable.

FYI Fiat is responsible for trafficking l, drugs and all manner of nefarious activities and it not tractable 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stocky said:

This is a problem, is 'crypto' a currency or an investment? The two are not the same.

A currency is something you use day to day, you get paid with it and you in turn use it to pay your bills and buy goods and services. For that you need stability, you salary should have a similar value at month end as it did at the start. This allows you to effectively budget and manage your finances.

An investment is different, it's something you buy and hold in the expectation of making a profit when you eventually sell.

Until crypto actually behaves like a currency it can't be one.

The term currency is used because the "coins" power the ecosystem and are used/burned to facilitate transactions.

I don't believe any crypto will become a usable currency but some will be used as a medium of exchange.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

You have no idea what your talking about! All transactions on the blockchain are traceable.

FYI Fiat is responsible for trafficking l, drugs and all manner of nefarious activities and it not tractable 

Id that why it is the currency used in the dark web fir illegal transactions? Ok I believe you. I must not know what I am talking about, I guess you guys then need to change the name from crypto to..... 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What are you talking about? Many have made lots with crypto. 

More foolish to join a crypto forum and  say it is no good. 

From who? Crypto isn't like an apple tree producing its own wealth. The money that some have made has come from someone? Who?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Bitcoin Bros hide under the bed and think up a new grievance to sooth their male egos

How dare they come after a wannabe viable currency that exists solely on a "belief"

But in hindsight TFG was able to declassify top secret docs with his mind!

Sidenote Websters Dictionary removes the word "gullible".....feel free to check...

PT Barnum was right....getting a twisted neck from smh

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I find it bizarre how you guys come to these threads to warn those of us, who have had our lives change by investing and holding crypto, that it is a Ponzi scheme or similar, when it obviously isn't. 

What is your motive? 

I'll leave you to it, I'm going to the gym to warn the big boys not to take steroids, because they intimidate me and make me envious. 

Actually, now I know why you guys are here, jealousy. 

How about those who sell solid assets and by crypto? Gambling everything they have saved their whole life ? 

I know one on this forum who admitted he sold his house to buy more.

For those claiming here that nobody has lost money with crypto, they are a fraud on themselves.

Sam Bankman Fried, the founder of FTX, has 8000.000.000 $ missing from the exchange he was running.

I guess someone, well actually not just one person, must have lost that

• Like 1

Just now, BenStark said:

For those claiming here that nobody has lost money with crypto, they are a fraud on themselves.

Sam Bankman Fried, the founder of FTX, has 8000.000.000 $ missing from the exchange he was running.

I guess someone, well actually not just one person, must have lost that

The only way to keep crypto alive, is to keep on preaching about how Wealthy they have become. F religious preacing of false promises 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

How about those who sell solid assets and by crypto? Gambling everything they have saved their whole life ? 

I know one on this forum who admitted he sold his house to buy more.

I guess you mean me. 

You know nothing about the house I sold. I never sold it to buy crypto. I did it because I moved  600 km from that area. 

I bought that house with profits I made in crypto over 3 years, hardly a life time. I bought Bitcoin with it as it had dropped sufficiently enough to make buying it a no brainer, wait 3 years and make over 300%. If you had spare cash, you might choose something for 20% over 3 years.

Entirely up to you. 

Can I ask why you hang around reading about people buying crypto when you don't like it, very strange. 

I suspect you heard about people who made a lot and are bitter about not buying yourself, you hear BTC drops 70% so go to say I told you so, to somehow justify your not buying it. 

That motive is sick and anyway only works if BTC drops from $18,000. Right now, I'm only up 30% in 8 months. 

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

The only way to keep crypto alive, is to keep on preaching about how Wealthy they have become. F religious preacing of false promises 

Such hatred, why? 

If you don't want to hear about crypto, don't read the crypto forum, or ignore such people, I mean seriously, grow up. 

8 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Exactly. 

Similar to those saying FTX was a big scam, all crypto is a scam. 

That is as stupid and ignorant as saying Bernie Maddof, or Elrond was a huge scam, the USD is a scam. 

• Love It 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:04 AM, sirineou said:

Realy? the US is not crazy about a currency that could if successful replace the dollar  as the world bussiness currency,  and make transactions difficult to trace, regulate, and tax? 

I cant believe that,must be fake news. 

Hang around this forum long enough and you'll educate yourself and realize BTC is totally traceable, much more than Fiat. Come on man, how can anyone take you seriously if you belive this rubbish? 

9 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Possibly to warn people not to listen to all the hype that people like you spout forth, especially when you refuse to give straight answers to straight questions regarding some of your claims!

What are you on about? 

I never hype crypto. I just say I buy it, that's all. 

Is that something I have to explain on a Cryptocurrency sub forum? 

Why are you so active here, when you have never bought any and probably won't. 

You might get more trolling action going to the pets forum and saying you hate cats. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

No you didn't.

You missed out from day one.

You may have said that from Day 3,000, when you were already too late. ????

Maybe why he is so bitter. 

I'd love to know when the haters first didn't buy Bitcoin. I think it might explain their irrational, obsessive posting on a crypto forum. 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Such hatred, why? 

If you don't want to hear about crypto, don't read the crypto forum, or ignore such people, I mean seriously, grow up. 

Why is everything hate, and jealousy when it comes to comon sense and ethical business? Thats my question! 

I read about many things that fascinates and things I disagree with wholehearted as well things that knspires me and motivates me.

We had many discussions before, and no need to repeat myself why I did not invest and why I am not going to invest in the future. 

Im not a gambler ! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Hang around this forum long enough and you'll educate yourself and realize BTC is totally traceable, much more than Fiat. Come on man, how can anyone take you seriously if you belive this rubbish? 

First you complain that I did not answer your question concerning my personal finances, trying to impune my arguments by questioning my motivation for the argument rather than address the argument itself.

That in debating circles is called an Ad Hominem attack, and is a cheap shot. 

, yet you have answered non on my germane questions, but simply offered your personal opinion.

Then the above post. So much to unpack in this reply,

This will be my last attempt at getting though to you,,

Hanging around this forum I have indeed learned  many things, one of them being that few of you seem to understand the opposing arguments. 

Do you know what a fiat currency is? Google it. 

"A fiat money is a type of currency that is declared legal tender by a government but has no intrinsic or fixed value and is not backed by any tangible asset, such as gold or silver. "

-So does crypto have intrinsic value? 

" Answer Chat GPT:
Cryptocurrencies do not have intrinsic or fixed value as their value is derived from market demand and supply. "

-So crypto is like a fiat currency but with the additional disadvantage of not being backed by any goverment. 

Then you say: "BTC is totally traceable " you do know that all Chinese are asians but all asians are not Chinese  right?

The article is about Crypto, BTC is crypto, but not all crypto is BTC. 

So choosing one crypto and attempting to attribute its advantages and or disadvantages to all crypto is a logical fallacy.   

You do see that right? 

They are... and they will likely be just as *successful* as they are in keeping out illegal immigrants, reducing narcotics and alcohol consumption, etc.   That's how you make something grow in America... have the gov't try to manage it. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 1:44 PM, Neeranam said:

Ever heard of common courtesy?

It's very relevant to the discussion as I'm trying to find out why you are against crypto on a crypto forum. I can think that you bought at the height of the bull run, sold  when it went down and are now bitter, but stand to be corrected. If I don't hear a reply, I will assume that to be the case.  

You never answer when somebody asks you, so why should they answer?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/20/2023 at 9:10 AM, Heng said:

They are... and they will likely be just as *successful* as they are in keeping out illegal immigrants, reducing narcotics and alcohol consumption, etc.   That's how you make something grow in America... have the gov't try to manage it. 

Seems Gensler was attacking exchanges to lower the price to allow his banking friends in.  Blackrock is going to change everything! 

• Like 1