SCB ending SCB Easy Net internet banking.

On 7/19/2023 at 8:13 PM, VBF said:

So  basically THEY make a change to suit THEMSELVES and expect the Customers to 

a) Know that their data won't be migrated even if the Customer uses the same login

and

b) Do the work to re-enter it all themselves!!

Customer Service as defined by the arrogant bunch of anal orifices that is SCB!! ????????

Whilst I am equally pissed off by the change (and had to buy a new phone no less), anyone who waited until the appointed switch off date to actually try out the app was asking for trouble.

If they had installed it early they would have noticed immediately that it was not populated with the data they expected to be carried across and could have done something about it. 

I would further suggest that for a business owner to have waited until after the closure to sort it out, unless out of the country, is approaching a very large fail........... 

On 6/17/2023 at 6:16 AM, paddypower said:

exactly and now the genius' at SBC have come up with the idea of forcing you to use your phone, to make bill payments, which is easy to misplace or get hacked. whereas the app on my pc is protected by not only my vpn, but also the fact that it never leaves my home desk. i think I'll switch banks ( I have 4).

All banks throughout the world are phasing out browser-banking. I liked browser access as an alternative for when the app fail. I don't think a biometrically-secured app or phone is unsafe though.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, topt said:

Whilst I am equally pissed off by the change (and had to buy a new phone no less), anyone who waited until the appointed switch off date to actually try out the app was asking for trouble.

If they had installed it early they would have noticed immediately that it was not populated with the data they expected to be carried across and could have done something about it. 

I would further suggest that for a business owner to have waited until after the closure to sort it out, unless out of the country, is approaching a very large fail........... 

easy  for you to say, but when you're in your 80's and senile.......... ????

On 7/20/2023 at 9:55 AM, Grusa said:

You misunderstood me, and malign me. What I said, or meant, was that all my data that I needed was already on my app - because I put it there and use it - so I lost nothing. I did not at any time make any comment on whether the online SCB Easy desktop site is or was currently available, or what could or could not be accessed on it.

Excuse my rant ???? caused my assuming that scb's IT dept knew that what they were doing was going to cause the loss of data for anyone else naive enough  to imagine that they would have been customer-friendly enough to mention that the personal data on the old would not be merged into the  new apps. Imagine the fuss if Whats App or Facebook, or Line did an upgrade to their app and you lost all of your contacts.? ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

So, lets move on to what options are available. I googled ''online banking'' with several names of Thai banks. I'll focus on Bualuang (Bangkok Bank) - because the results look very promising. They offer 2 apps - mbanking and ibanking.  I had installed ibanking in 2022 on my Surface. Altho' it does not show my account # and password today, - it does appear to work. which is the solution I am looking for - an app which will work on my tablet. Has anyone else discovered other banks which offer an app which will work on a PC or iOS app ?

thanks.

5 hours ago, paddypower said:

They offer 2 apps - mbanking and ibanking. 

Are you sure? As far as I have always been aware - 

mBanking is the app for use on their phones. Equivalent of SCB Easy

iBanking is online access - not an app.. Equivalent of SCB Easynet

Perhaps you should start a new thread........

9 hours ago, topt said:

Are you sure? As far as I have always been aware - 

mBanking is the app for use on their phones. Equivalent of SCB Easy

iBanking is online access - not an app.. Equivalent of SCB Easynet

Perhaps you should start a new thread........

I have ibanking on my PC. please allow me to test sending a transfer, in the next few days. I will report back. and yes, I will start a new thread -b/c I refuse to use a mobile banking app. period.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, paddypower said:

I have ibanking on my PC. please allow me to test sending a transfer, in the next few days. I will report back. and yes, I will start a new thread -b/c I refuse to use a mobile banking app. period.

lol I'd love to have the option to actually refuse to use the mobile banking app in the first place !

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol I'd love to have the option to actually refuse to use the mobile banking app in the first place !

You do - Bualuang Banking (Bangkok Bank) has dropped an new app for mobiles AND they have retained their app which you can use on your computer/tablet. they don't have a branch in my village. but if all works well - I am moving. I'll keep one of my 3 SCB accounts, because the girls at my branch are so pretty ???? 555

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, paddypower said:

You do - Bualuang Banking (Bangkok Bank) has dropped an new app for mobiles AND they have retained their app which you can use on your computer/tablet. they don't have a branch in my village. but if all works well - I am moving. I'll keep one of my 3 SCB accounts, because the girls at my branch are so pretty ???? 555

lol am not with Bangkok Bank

The thread is about SCB and the current farce over access many people are observing outside of Thailand

33 minutes ago, Chivas said:

lol am not with Bangkok Bank

The thread is about SCB and the current farce over access many people are observing outside of Thailand

I said that (i) i would report back  on my success at using an alternative online app. I just did that, now. also, (ii) that I would start a new thread, with the subject matter Bangkok Bank online banking. I have done that, also. . so give a rest, will ya? ????

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 12:31 AM, Phantom57 said:

Hi, I too was a little peeved with the SCB web closing.  I too mainly used my MacBook or IPad for banking for obvious reasons. I went to my SCB bank (Isaan) and was told that the app would only work on a phone. This is my workaround. I put the bank registered sim into my iPad and downloaded the App. Got to the stage where it sends you a code to your phone to register, requested the code. I then took the Sim out of the iPad and reinserted it into the phone . I connected my iPad to wifi then requested a second code( first one didn’t work as my Sim was in the iPad at the time). A second code arrived on my phone and I inserted that to the iPad app and now I have my App working on the iPad. Probably work with tablets as well.

Also I took screen shots of all my banking details and account numbers before the Web closed. I found out that if you click and hold on the photos account numbers, you could copy them directly to your App. 
Now working with the App I am reasonably happy. I thought that this might help some folks. Cheers.

@Phantom57 Reading your post it looks as if you were in Thailand when you did all this (you said you went to your bank) - would you kindly confirm that please.

I ask because both @Chivas and I tried very much the same steps from the UK (using roaming Thai SIMS) and it did not work.

TIA

• Like 1

Yes, VBF, in Thailand. The reason I posted was that someone said that it wouldn’t work on IPad or Tablet. I just showed my workaround to get the iPad app working. Sorry for the confusion. Good luck trying to get it working from outside Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 1:28 PM, Phantom57 said:

Yes, VBF, in Thailand. The reason I posted was that someone said that it wouldn’t work on IPad or Tablet. I just showed my workaround to get the iPad app working. Sorry for the confusion. Good luck trying to get it working from outside Thailand.

I think i'll need more than just good luck mate!   Thanks for confirming ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought I'd update this after a successful call to the SCB call centre

I had everything in advance they could possibly ask to verify it was actually me from Passport Number Registered Mobile number last few transactions that should have been in the account (and were) and various other possible requests to positive ID myself

It was somewhat bizarre to be asked just account number lol and absolutely nothing else relevant

Being asked if I had existing SCB loans (random question doubtless) and then some questions about recent logging in with internet access

I patiently explain with a laugh that you guys had closed down the website and also told me that the new app could only be activated in branch....Ahh yes he says you're right lol

(I asked about the app being activated using the Thai roaming Sim registered and got a load of waffle when a simple No would have done lol)

Anyway despite not providing passport number, DOB, Mobile number I was "in" and he confirmed the balance which was spot on within 100 Baht to what I had anticipated

Guy had perfect English I might add

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Thought I'd update this after a successful call to the SCB call centre

I had everything in advance they could possibly ask to verify it was actually me from Passport Number Registered Mobile number last few transactions that should have been in the account (and were) and various other possible requests to positive ID myself

It was somewhat bizarre to be asked just account number lol and absolutely nothing else relevant

Being asked if I had existing SCB loans (random question doubtless) and then some questions about recent logging in with internet access

I patiently explain with a laugh that you guys had closed down the website and also told me that the new app could only be activated in branch....Ahh yes he says you're right lol

(I asked about the app being activated using the Thai roaming Sim registered and got a load of waffle when a simple No would have done lol)

Anyway despite not providing passport number, DOB, Mobile number I was "in" and he confirmed the balance which was spot on within 100 Baht to what I had anticipated

Guy had perfect English I might add

So @Chivas   Would you mind elaborating please.

Are you in Thailand or UK?  (This has so far been the critical point)

If it cannot be activated using the Thai roaming, as you say, what device did you use?  Thai phone, UK phone, tablet with SIM or without SIM connected via WiFi?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

So @Chivas   Would you mind elaborating please.

Are you in Thailand or UK?  (This has so far been the critical point)

If it cannot be activated using the Thai roaming, as you say, what device did you use?  Thai phone, UK phone, tablet with SIM or without SIM connected via WiFi?

Thanks in advance.

No I'm in the UK

Their last email to me just indicated if I'd call them they'd tell me verbally and they did (the balance)

What they're saying is bring the Smartphone into a branch already having the Thai sim loaded and they'll do the rest there and then

In the Autumn upon arrival I will pop in. I just wanted to know an extensive number of transfers I had sent via Wise were indeed safely in the account......and they were

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chivas said:

No I'm in the UK

Their last email to me just indicated if I'd call them they'd tell me verbally and they did (the balance)

What they're saying is bring the Smartphone into a branch already having the Thai sim loaded and they'll do the rest there and then

In the Autumn upon arrival I will pop in. I just wanted to know an extensive number of transfers I had sent via Wise were indeed safely in the account......and they were

:sorry:

I misunderstood your earlier email and thought that you'd managed to get the SCB App working whilst you are in UK.

In fact you just needed to check your account itself was in order.

You did explain it - my bad. ????

• Like 1

My one complaint on SCB Easy is that you cannot pre-load Favorites (transfers, bill payments). You have to wait until you make the first transaction, then remember to tick the  "star" icon to add to Favorites.

Not being able to do a screenshot (black screen, for me anyway) is a bit annoying, but I assume that limitation is security related? You can share the slip across most other apps to support proof of payment.

I mainly used web-access to transfer money to my other accounts. I can't say I miss it much. The SCB Easy app is easy to use, reliable and provides a lot of functionality. I also use it to manage my SCB Planet card.

Edited by bamnutsak

On 8/21/2023 at 7:41 AM, bamnutsak said:

Not being able to do a screenshot (black screen, for me anyway)

I have never tried to take my own screenshot as it automatically saves a "slip" to your gallery.

Unless you haven't turned that on in Settings?

15 hours ago, topt said:

I have never tried to take my own screenshot as it automatically saves a "slip" to your gallery.

Unless you haven't turned that on in Settings?

For online purchases, the seller asks for proof of payment, usually shared in a Messenger or LINE chat. I used to do a screen grab, but screen grabs with SCB Easy yield a black screen. This is not a Settings (App or Android) issues. I assume this is limited within the SCB App for security reasons.

Yes, the payment slip can be shared from within the SCB Easy app across many/most applications including LINE, Messenger, etc.

The payment slip can be regenerated from the History "tab".

Yes, payment slips are stored locally in /Pictures/SCB EASY (Android).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Yesterday was beyond bizarre......I had to go back a few pages to find this relevant thread

I wont precis the thread because its all for there to read but like most I had accepted (having previously emailed and verbally spoken to SCB) that bring your phone into the branch next time in Thailnd and they'll set up the app and re establish online banking

Fast forward to yesterday and I was deleting apps from a phone (that had original SCB app on) and was going to reset the phone clear the data and sell on Ebay or wherever

Clicked on SCB with intention of deleting and up comes different message. Old Android app needs to update blah blah blah ....was about to delete but thought better of it

So without deleting original app went into play store found the relevant app at which point its obviously sensing the old app is on the phone and gives me option to "update" lol  ......you know whats coming already

Takes an age to download the update but eventually it green lights and offers "open"

Click on it thinking no this aint happening at the 6 digit passcode is requested

Enter the passcode lol and yep in we go !!  Opens up as it used to !!

There in all its glory !!

Edited by Chivas

So in summary if you download the app for example on a new phone you'll need to have it set up in branch as I was told

Get the option though to update though existing app and its clearly going to work

Its quite likely that if I had (and doubtless others) had been told from SCB just update via playstore an existing app it would have worked all along !!

On 6/16/2023 at 8:52 AM, phetphet said:

I received an email from SCB yesterday saying they will stop the SCB EasyNet internet banking service from 14th July.

To be clear, this is internet banking via computer.  Only mobile internet banking via the phone app will be possible in future as it is apparently more secure.

A bit of a bummer as I prefer to do my banking on the larger screen of my computer.

If you use apple you can just download the app from the appstore on your laptop I think. Otherwise you could also just use a emulator that can install and run apps.