Marriage visa for only three months

On 6/20/2023 at 5:14 PM, Kwasaki said:

Obviously because the couple have not forfilled all requirements needed to be stamped for a 1 year stay for married.

That is not obvious at all.

What is obvious is that the OP applied for an extension and got an under consideration stamp.

What is also obvious is the OP does not understand the process so how would he know what is the same process.

The friend could have been trying to convert exempt to Non O, who knows.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly you don't deal with CW or live in the boonies where travel might be 50k up to immigration office. 

MY IO in Kamphaeng Phet province is 70 km away, but the nice lady officer rings my wife when the under consideration stamp is approved.

My wife can just take my passport for the stamp and leave me at home.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is not obvious at all.

What is obvious is that the OP applied for an extension and got an under consideration stamp.

What is also obvious is the OP does not understand the process so how would he know what is the same process.

The friend could have been trying to convert exempt to Non O, who knows.

Fair call without all the facts many sinarios.

Been doing married extension for 18 years never a problem except the paperwork has got bigger.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Fair call without all the facts many sinarios.

Been doing married extension for 18 years never a problem except the paperwork has got bigger.

Quite. It is my 15th wedding anniversary next week but I did the first 6 years on a marriage visa, not until 2014 did I find out where  immigration was and do first 12 month extension.

Many that have done the same as you claim to have done a marriage visa which invariably leads to an irrelevant debate. Years ago I was fairly critical of the terminology police as I felt they went over the top but recently the issue has deteriorated and needs to be addressed in one way or another.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite. It is my 15th wedding anniversary next week but I did the first 6 years on a marriage visa, not until 2014 did I find out where  immigration was and do first 12 month extension.

Many that have done the same as you claim to have done a marriage visa which invariably leads to an irrelevant debate. Years ago I was fairly critical of the terminology police as I felt they went over the top but recently the issue has deteriorated and needs to be addressed in one way or another.

I don't think much about something I have no control over and hope things go well for you.

I am in a better position now than when we had to go to Maesot imm but that said  never had a problem with them.

Our Sukhothai immigration is 14 kilos away so every year if they change something or want extra this or that as they have done over the years we can easily go back and forwards.

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't think much about something I have no control over and hope things go well for you.

I am in a better position now than when we had to go to Maesot imm but that said  never had a problem with them.

Our Sukhothai immigration is 14 kilos away so every year if they change something or want extra this or that as they have done over the years we can easily go back and forwards.

I have never had an issue with immigration over an extension that wasn't a simple oversight on my part. Being on a UK pension, had a bit of an issue when the embassy stopped the letter. That was resolved fairly simply by going back to a ME Non O until sorted.

Many create unnecessary problems by not paying attention to the detail in what they say.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I have never had an issue with immigration over an extension that wasn't a simple oversight on my part. Being on a UK pension, had a bit of an issue when the embassy stopped the letter. That was resolved fairly simply by going back to a ME Non O until sorted.

Many create unnecessary problems by not paying attention to the detail in what they say.

Yeah my only problem I'll be getting this year is cramp in my hand signing 148 times. ????

• Haha 1