New Passport and Banking - some insights

orchidfan

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That may have been what you were told (wrongly) but, officially, updating those details can be done at any branch, I know that because that's what I did at a local mall branch and there's no reason for that branch to have made an exception for me.

I first went to to closest branch where I live, they told me I had to go to the branch I opened the account, so I want to the branch in Ari because I thought I opened the my account there, They told me again, I had to go to the branch were I opened my account and they told me i have to go to Central Ladprao. Very strange if two offices tell me wrongly. 

19 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Very strange if two offices tell me wrongly.

Yes, it is strange but that doesn't alter the fact that the alterations can be done at any branch as that is how I did mine...if it wasn't possible, except at the account opening branch, I wouldn't have been able to update my details, would I?

To the OP

exactly the same happened to me 

new passport plus new phone bought in UK......the perfect storm

note i had to keep using old phone for internet banking until i could go into BB branch it cannot be changed overseas it seems ( i tried card number and PIN route  .....message visit branch 

AND yes no large  transfers until HO have finished their "whatever" which takes 5 days

53 minutes ago, poohy said:

To the OP

exactly the same happened to me 

new passport plus new phone bought in UK......the perfect storm

note i had to keep using old phone for internet banking until i could go into BB branch it cannot be changed overseas it seems ( i tried card number and PIN route  .....message visit branch 

AND yes no large  transfers until HO have finished their "whatever" which takes 5 days

Just a quick addendum....

Back at original branch, they submitted the new PP details and was told 5 working days before transfers over 50K.

I told the "lady" that this was no good because I HAD to make 3 transfers, each over 100K to landlords by that Friday....or our 15 year lease could /would be terminated !

She then smiled and told me to come back on the Friday and it'll be all fixed.

Which I did and they took the required photos for the face recognition..."you can do the transfers this afternoon"

She also thought to ask me what my daily transfer limit was!

My real beef about this is,  that the BBL app facial recognition is (for me)

difficult to use getting the right picture including smiling showing teeth. So just a stupid grin (no teeth visible) worked.

But all this took over an hour compared to 10 minutes previously.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it is strange but that doesn't alter the fact that the alterations can be done at any branch as that is how I did mine...if it wasn't possible, except at the account opening branch, I wouldn't have been able to update my details, would I?

From Bangkok Bank home page. I wonder how they changed yours.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 14.14.47.png

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 14.14.18.png

4 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 14.14.47.png

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 14.14.18.png

This appears to be 100% correct...in my case.

The "original" tiny branch in this mall,where my account was opened many years ago, I'm sure will not be around in another 10 years(I may not also !!!) ....with a large, well staffed, newish branch just a few hundred metres away.

I can only assume that when that happens,  they will transfer all the records to the "new " branch.

But anyway,  I've been able to do everything I need, like new passbook, letter for Immigration and bank statements without any problems.

Only this new.passport and photo ID thing required me to go to the original branch !!

5 hours ago, Eaglekott said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

They gave me a form that needed signing, took copies, hit some keys on the computer and told me they'd send it on to my branch, that's how.  If you'd like to complain to BBL's  CEO about my getting decent service,  the branch in BIg C, Onnut did it to save me having to go to Silom.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you'd like to complain to BBL's  CEO about my getting decent service,  the branch in BIg C, Onnut did it to save me having to go to Silom.

I have no idea why on earth I would complain? Have I ever complained that you get a service that apparently no one else gets? I'm happy for you but not so sure you get the same service next time you need to update your bank records with your new passport.

And on an interesting coincidence note that was exactly the BBL branch I went to I was staying at Lumpini ville 77.

20 hours ago, orchidfan said:

But anyway,  I've been able to do everything I need, like new passbook, letter for Immigration and bank statements without any problems.

Only this new.passport and photo ID thing required me to go to the original branch !!

Yes, Apparently the only time you have to visit the issuing branch is when changing ID number like when you get a new passport, or if you change name/surname, everything else branch offices can do for you.

• Thumbs Up 1