Teenage intern injured in mysterious fall from six-storey building; Enigmatic circumstances leave many questions unanswered

webfact

And all you guys forever repeating that a 3rd floor jump/fall is a death sentence......Well this guys fall was from the 6th floor.......3rd floor falls are survived guite a bit and 4th floor sometimes too....But 6th floor falls have a very low survival rate...

Lucky kid to be alive.  I guess a windshield is next best to an cloth awning.  Much much lower g shock when a surface gives some.    Hurts my brain to read stuff written like what was on the plate. Or in the same room as a plate.  Guy was so drunk he...

3 hours ago, csmith said:

Love the language … I need to look up “diagnostically undressed” …. oh … don't worry, just asked my A.I. assistant …..

The phrase "diagnostically undressed" is not a commonly used or recognized expression in standard English. It seems to be a combination of words that may have been used in a specific context or by someone as a creative or metaphorical expression. Without further context or information, it is difficult to provide a precise meaning for this phrase.

However, if we break down the individual words, "diagnostically" refers to something related to diagnosis or the process of determining the nature of a condition or problem. "Undressed" typically means being without clothing or stripped of covering.

Putting these together, it could potentially suggest a metaphorical concept of being exposed or analyzed in a diagnostic sense, possibly implying a situation where someone or something is examined thoroughly or extensively, without any metaphorical "cover" or concealment.

Again, it's important to note that without more information or context, this interpretation is speculative, and the intended meaning may vary depending on the specific context in which the phrase was used.

=========

oh wait …. didn't they find verbal diarrhea in the room?  ????

With so many alien sounding phrases in the article, I wonder if perhaps the whole things is AI generated... ????

Enigmatic circumstances

the car’s front glass

diagnostically undressed

assumed name of ‘A’

21 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What on earth does that version of the original report mean? 

The only thing I could think of is when medics cut your clothes off

You think medics in his apartment cut his clothes off before he fell?  He was "unclothed" when he landed on the car.

7 hours ago, csmith said:

Love the language … I need to look up “diagnostically undressed” …. oh … don't worry, just asked my A.I. assistant …..

The phrase "diagnostically undressed" is not a commonly used or recognized expression in standard English. It seems to be a combination of words that may have been used in a specific context or by someone as a creative or metaphorical expression. Without further context or information, it is difficult to provide a precise meaning for this phrase.

However, if we break down the individual words, "diagnostically" refers to something related to diagnosis or the process of determining the nature of a condition or problem. "Undressed" typically means being without clothing or stripped of covering.

Putting these together, it could potentially suggest a metaphorical concept of being exposed or analyzed in a diagnostic sense, possibly implying a situation where someone or something is examined thoroughly or extensively, without any metaphorical "cover" or concealment.

Again, it's important to note that without more information or context, this interpretation is speculative, and the intended meaning may vary depending on the specific context in which the phrase was used.

=========

It was non verbal diarrhea

21 hours ago, 2baht said:

Precise reporting but..................was the faecal matter on the plate or near the plate??? ????

I am still scratching my head over the phrase was diagnostically undressed , was this done by the medical team?

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am still scratching my head over the phrase was diagnostically undressed , was this done by the medical team?

I think it requires an anesthetist and a surgeon, and that is just to remove the phone!!

The 'writer' - 'Nattapong Westwood is a Bangkok-born writer who is half Thai and half Aussie. He studied in an international school in Bangkok and then pursued journalism studies in Melbourne.'  This sample is not a good advert for the above establishments; nor his place of work!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
On 6/24/2023 at 9:15 AM, webfact said:

diagnostically undressed

what does this mean?

It means that the specific way the clothes were removed brought about a diagnosis.  However, I think the author wanted it to mean that the victim was undressed in order to help ascertain what his injuries were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

The 'writer' - 'Nattapong Westwood is a Bangkok-born writer who is half Thai and half Aussie. He studied in an international school in Bangkok and then pursued journalism studies in Melbourne.'  This sample is not a good advert for the above establishments; nor his place of work!

None of his work is particularly good.  I actually assumed that most of these types of news sites had retired ex-pats working for them in an almost voluntary capacity.  Several of the reporters are actually young and claim to have qualifications in journalism, but you wouldn't know it from their writing.

52 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It means that the specific way the clothes were removed brought about a diagnosis.  However, I think the author wanted it to mean that the victim was undressed in order to help ascertain what his injuries were.

The Aussie/Thai author never said this actually. 

On 6/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, csmith said:

=========

Chatting with GPT are we??

I think that building codes should be enacted that require balconies of a safe height.

Also people can be enigmatic but circumstances are mysterious.  Undressed in this situation is obviously used as the past tense of a verb, not an adjective.

5 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I think that building codes should be enacted that require balconies of a safe height.

Also people can be enigmatic but circumstances are mysterious.  Undressed in this situation is obviously used as the past tense of a verb, not an adjective.

I would expect that there are such codes..... 

Some older hotels were built way back when such codes were not evident, and most of the locals were under 5 ft tall.

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

assumed that most of these types of news sites had retired ex-pats working for them in an almost voluntary capacity. 

As a retired English teacher I'd love such a job.  It amazes me how even the biggest companies never seem to run their press releases/slogans past a native English speaker.  The results hilariously demean these companies.

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

As a retired English teacher I'd love such a job.  It amazes me how even the biggest companies never seem to run their press releases/slogans past a native English speaker.  The results hilariously demean these companies.

Probably a reserved occupation.......for Thais with limited English ability.