Would you try Lab grown meat ?

46 minutes ago, patman30 said:

no it is not.
call it what you want but it is not "meat"

I call it grotesque regardless from where it comes...a lab or an exploited, imprisoned, tortured sentient fellow earthling. Either way it is meat. It's composition is identical. Grown from animal cells. It's taste and texture is supposedly the same. Why is it not then "meat"? Cuz there's no needless cruelty, suffering and horrific slaughter to satisfy your bloodlust

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 10:01 AM, jvs said:

We used to walk every where,now we fly.Is that natural?

With the amount of people on the planet there is a need to do something in order to save space and grow more food.

What i have been reading about it it would be a great additive to the meat market.

If you say so. What about the the costs involved and the way they grow the meat?

worse then normally killing a cow .  

Is lab-grown meat cheap?

The fetal bovine serum used to make most lab-grown meat is both expensive and controversial. However, lab-grown meat is still very expensive and does not eliminate animal suffering, due to the use of FBS, a liquid taken from the blood of unborn calves after their mothers are killed at slaughterhouses.3 Oct 2022

36 minutes ago, digger70 said:

If you say so. What about the the costs involved and the way they grow the meat?

worse then normally killing a cow .  

Is lab-grown meat cheap?

The fetal bovine serum used to make most lab-grown meat is both expensive and controversial. However, lab-grown meat is still very expensive and does not eliminate animal suffering, due to the use of FBS, a liquid taken from the blood of unborn calves after their mothers are killed at slaughterhouses.3 Oct 2022

Like all new things ,the cost will be high initially .It will maybe not eliminate animal suffering 100% but it will reduce it a lot.

Like many new things i can understand why it is frowned upon but imo it is a good thing,give it a chance.

On 7/2/2023 at 3:55 PM, Skeptic7 said:

I call it grotesque regardless from where it comes...a lab or an exploited, imprisoned, tortured sentient fellow earthling. Either way it is meat. It's composition is identical. Grown from animal cells. It's taste and texture is supposedly the same. Why is it not then "meat"? Cuz there's no needless cruelty, suffering and horrific slaughter to satisfy your bloodlust

In order to have breakfast, lunch or dinner, SOMETHING has to DIE!!!!!

3 hours ago, UbonEagle said:

Listened to a thing about this in radio in Australia last week

they were talking about minimum $100aud/kg for the equivalent of hamburger mince ????

economies of scale eons away

stick to the real thing ????????

I would TRY it, if only to see how it tastes.  Sounds bogus.