Helmet regs

Kwasaki

I see around police wearing bicycle type helmets ya know the ones riding scooters and motorbikes.

During the hot weather I like to ride places but would get stopped not wearing a helmet so would I get away with wearing one.

Anyone wearing the same.

• Haha 2

I got a ticket for wearing one a few years ago. Luckily I had an expired license from the Philippines in my wallet and gave it to the officer to hold while I was supposed to be going to pay the ticket.

Never did find that officer again... Not that I looked. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I got a ticket for wearing one a few years ago. Luckily I had an expired license from the Philippines in my wallet and gave it to the officer to hold while I was supposed to be going to pay the ticket.

Never did find that officer again... Not that I looked. 

I guess it depends where you live.

It's just I see a couple police big bike riders around our way wearing cyclist helmet so local no problem.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Why would anyone want to just satisfy the police and wear a cheap plastic helmet?

For me, a helmet is a safety device. I would wear one whether it was a law or not. I wear a real quality full faced helmet all the time.

I feel my life is too valuable not to wear a good helmet.

.......and yet when there's a fatal motorcycle/scooter crash reported on this forum everyone comes screaming, 'He should have worn a helmet'.

Well, we all have been there driving without helmets, but the older I get, I like to think Im getting smarter to and wear my helmet. Mother in law seems not to care to much, or rest of the family, even the cousin of wife, almost died of head trauma, they only weared helmets for a week or so, and back to normal. 

I have given them soon 10 helmets, and they willingly grab them when up for take, but do they wear them? 

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, we all have been there driving without helmets, but the older I get, I like to think Im getting smarter to and wear my helmet. Mother in law seems not to care to much, or rest of the family, even the cousin of wife, almost died of head trauma, they only weared helmets for a week or so, and back to normal. 

I have given them soon 10 helmets, and they willingly grab them when up for take, but do they wear them? 

Helmets are more important certainly for people that have not been trained correctly on how to ride motorbikes is how I see it Thailand.

Non wearing a helmet very much depends where you live as to road use.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Helmets are more important certainly for people that have not been trained correctly on how to ride motorbikes is how I see it Thailand.

You can be trained as being a professional rider but another person's stupidity can put you in an early grave. 

Training has nothing to do with the need to wear a helmet for safety.

Does training allow me to not needing to wear a seatbelt in a car?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

You can be trained as being a professional rider but another person's stupidity can put you in an early grave. 

Training has nothing to do with the need to wear a helmet for safety.

Does training allow me to not needing to wear a seatbelt in a car?

A very naive attitude.

Don't agree professional training is available for a reason.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

its like a cake of risk, you have training, you got one piece, you drive only on small less trafficked roads, you get another piece, but you still have some pieces left you have not control of. It is up to you risk versus gain. 

I have done it all, jumping off things, fast riding, diving without air, driving, climbing, but the more experienced I became, the less risk I did take when it came to available information and equipment, and also started to quit short cuts. 

I have seen to many die because they: only, just going to do, 

But as said, it is your choice

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Hummin said:

its like a cake of risk, you have training, you got one piece, you drive only on small less trafficked roads, you get another piece, but you still have some pieces left you have not control of. It is up to you risk versus gain. 

I have done it all, jumping off things, fast riding, diving without air, driving, climbing, but the more experienced I became, the less risk I did take when it came to available information and equipment, and also started to quit short cuts. 

I have seen to many die because they: only, just going to do, 

But as said, it is your choice

Quite so life has risks you take your choices and judge situations on your abilities. 

Obviously in busy cities you take more care, many places you can make a choice.

Failed qyite a few people in UK taking their advanced motorcycle test, they were just not capable of many skills.