Hospital negligence in Buriram leads to patient’s agonising death: daughter demands accountability

webfact

image.jpeg

A case of medical negligence has been brought to light in Buriram province with 39 year old Nunchida Chomchaiyaphum displaying her distress and lament against a local hospital. The hospital’s alleged disregard for her mother’s declining health led to a fatal end after the patient endured agonising pain for over 40 hours.

“Even when I insisted several times to shift her to Buriram Hospital Centre, the doctors denied the request, stating that her condition was manageable,” stated Nunchida, in reference to her 58 year old mother, Ruang Sitthiwong. On June 8, Ruang had an accident while riding a motorcycle, resulting in a fractured rib and a damaged liver. “She was in constant pain, always mentioning, ‘My stomach hurts so much, let the doctor give me an injection,‘” added the distraught daughter.

Interestingly, when Nunchida proposed the idea of transferring her mother to a larger hospital, the doctors dismissed the idea, arguing that the facility was adequately equipped to handle the case and suggesting that Buriram Hospital was already overwhelmed with patients.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/hospital-negligence-in-buriram-leads-to-patients-agonising-death-daughter-demands-accountability

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 9