Tried to fix my keyboard

BenStark

57 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

it's highly commendable that you're not taking out your frustrations on your girlfriend.

pat yourself on the back.

How do you know it was not broken over his GF's head?

Do you belong to those generations that demand to be rewarded for participation, rather than achievement?

25 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Take your 2 or 300 baht savings and invest in a new one. Life is too short for such technological problems.

Even cheaper, bought a new one 1 week ago, keys marked in Thai and English, 154Baht. Works well. If using wired mouse, the cable can be plugged into the keyboard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Even cheaper, bought a new one 1 week ago, keys marked in Thai and English, 154Baht. Works well. If using wired mouse, the cable can be plugged into the keyboard.

Did you smash your old one in frustration? ????

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

How do you know it was not broken over his GF's head?

because the news hounds at aseannow would have picked up that story.

OP, you never mentioned whats causing all the frustration.  the locals don't want to sit next to you on the bus or what's goin' on out there? 

26 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

because the news hounds at aseannow would have picked up that story.

OP, you never mentioned whats causing all the frustration.  the locals don't want to sit next to you on the bus or what's goin' on out there? 

IIRC it was bogs smith who had that particular whinge.

I don't smash inanimate objects, but I have been known to yell at them.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Back when people actually wrote their homework on physical paper, "the dog ate my homework" trick worked occasionally.

I'm too old now to know if it'll work to say "the dog ate my keyboard"........

Just now, save the frogs said:

yep, i hear ya.

had a few crazy gf's. 

I meant I sometimes yell at computer screens when I encounter clueless programming.

I have never even yelled at my current GF of 8 years, she has never given me reason to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

OP, you never mentioned whats causing all the frustration.

While typing it would restart the page. Been doing that since I bought it, and did it 3 times while entering a lengthy post.

Usually entered content is saved, and will be restored when starting to type, but lately that doesn't seem to work any more on AN, so had to restart the post from the beginning 3 times.

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

the locals don't want to sit next to you on the bus or what's goin' on out there? 

I don't ride buses

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

While typing it would restart the page. Been doing that since I bought it, and did it 3 times while entering a lengthy post.

Usually entered content is saved, and will be restored when starting to type, but lately that doesn't seem to work any more on AN, so had to restart the post from the beginning 3 times.

I don't ride buses

My issue is writing a long e.mail and suddenly what I've written just disappears and I'm back at a blank e.mail page to start again. 

No, what i've already written doesn't go into 'drafts', it just disappears.

Anybody know how to recover the disappeared partly completed mail? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

My issue is writing a long e.mail and suddenly what I've written just disappears and I'm back at a blank e.mail page to start again. 

Buy a new keyboard, same as I have to do, this time spending more than 154 baht.

It's the main reason why I destroyed mine. Luckily for me my emails are restored minus maybe the last 2 words I typed.

12 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Buy a new keyboard, same as I have to do, this time spending more than 154 baht.

It's the main reason why I destroyed mine. Luckily for me my emails are restored minus maybe the last 2 words I typed.

In my case it's the keyboard on my ACER notebook.

The 154Baht keyboard was for an old HP PC which my grandkids use for cartoons, school research, homework etc. But not used for gaming, serious graphics etc.

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 with more memory. Works fine.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I have found it useful if I am writing an extensive email to create a document in LibreOffice ( Linux version of Microsoft Office ). I open the email, fill the subject line, then copy and paste the text from the document into the email or post. It's saved me a lot of aggravation.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have found it useful if I am writing an extensive email to create a document in LibreOffice ( Linux version of Microsoft Office ). I open the email, fill the subject line, then copy and paste the text from the document into the email or post. It's saved me a lot of aggravation.

Do you mean that what happens with Scorecard and me, happens to you as well, and that it is not keyboard related.

Hence I destroyed my 250 baht keyboard for no reason?

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've started to write my message in a normal (legitimate ) Word document, then transfer it to an e.mail when finished. I guess this is the same as your LibreOffice approach.

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Do you mean that what happens with Scorecard and me, happens to you as well, and that it is not keyboard related.

Hence I destroyed my 250 baht keyboard for no reason?

It used to happen with me, until I realised it's a glitch that sometimes happens in gmail accounts. It can happen when posting on social media as well. It may be traffic-related.

Nothing to do with the keyboard. They usually start failing when one or more of the keys decides to quit. Which happens more frequently if they are repeatedly hit too hard when typing.

• Like 1