Two deaths linked with cannabis use and violent incidents reported in recent days by Thai police

webfact

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Totally ridiculous. It was the meth not the ganga. Alcohol is far more dangerous. 

I know plenty of brilliant people who smoke, and it has not slowed them down. To the contrary, alot of highly intelligent people use herb to slow down their brains, create some perspective, alter their perception and boost their creativity. Speaking from experience, there is little about ganga that is harmful, as long as it does not become a daily habit. I used to smoke occasionally. It was delightful, and did not make me stupid. It did make me funnier, and enhanced my life on several levels. Dancing, sex, skiing, music, movies, and many other activities seemed more enjoyable. 

I consider alcohol to be infinitely more toxic to the body and mind. Not to mention society. Yet, it is legal. 

Like many things, moderate use can be enjoyable and relaxing for many. And from a medicinal point of view, it is astonishing. My mother smoked. She had severe degenerative osteoarthritis of the spine. She was in alot of chronic pain. It helped her alot. And my guess is it was far better for her health and mind, than pain killers. 

So you were there when he indulged in both meths and canabis and examined him using your extensive medical knowedge?  Pity you didn't mention the wonderful effects of psychosis, inflicted on people due to canabis use.

• Confused 2

The last paragraph of the abbreviated story:

The scale of Thailand’s drug epidemic and perhaps an insight into the public’s concerns over the free availability of marijuana in the kingdom can be seen from two violent incidents in the past two days involving a 14-year-old in Nong Bua Lamphu and a 36-year-old perpetrator in Krabi.

Reporting the news or editorializing?   Can you tell??????

6 hours ago, gargamon said:

So the guy was taking meth and also smoked some marijuana, and they blame the marijuana for his murder spree? Wow. Somebody's got an agenda here. 

Lucky he was not drinking a cup of coffee or that would end up on the Controlled Substances List as well as the  Substances Known to Kill with Impunity List!

I would like to see 2 lists published here daily listing, with as many adjectives as possible, 1. every crime involving alcohol and 2,  every crime involving meth, as it seems necessary now to mention every crime  involving weed!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

So, how about the hundreds of millions of pot smokers who do NOT commit violent crimes?! 

It's a typical sensationalist witch hunt by the media.

The media is only joining the band wagon steered by some other party/ies.

Regarding the OP, isn't it a bit similar to the way that the whole reefer madness thing started all those years ago , When harry anslinger cited cannabis as a contributory factor when a black guy allegedly raped a young white girl?  They say history repeats its self!     80+ years later and nothing has changed

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

The media is only joining the band wagon steered by some other party/ies.

The media is doing as its told, by its paymasters,  But Since when have police reported things like this to them. Highly unusual behaviour

2 minutes ago, watchcat said:

Do you mean the 14 year old baby?

No such thing as a 14 year old baby,   they are generally referred to as teenagers or adolescents, If I remember correctly greta thunberg was treated as a fully grown adult by the media and several heads of state when she was a similar age

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

No such thing as a 14 year old baby,   they are generally referred to as teenagers or adolescents, If I remember correctly greta thunberg was treated as a fully grown adult by the media and several heads of state when she was a similar age

Mentally?

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Totally ridiculous. It was the meth not the ganga. Alcohol is far more dangerous. 

I know plenty of brilliant people who smoke, and it has not slowed them down. To the contrary, alot of highly intelligent people use herb to slow down their brains, create some perspective, alter their perception and boost their creativity. Speaking from experience, there is little about ganga that is harmful, as long as it does not become a daily habit. I used to smoke occasionally. It was delightful, and did not make me stupid. It did make me funnier, and enhanced my life on several levels. Dancing, sex, skiing, music, movies, and many other activities seemed more enjoyable. 

I consider alcohol to be infinitely more toxic to the body and mind. Not to mention society. Yet, it is legal. 

Like many things, moderate use can be enjoyable and relaxing for many. And from a medicinal point of view, it is astonishing. My mother smoked. She had severe degenerative osteoarthritis of the spine. She was in alot of chronic pain. It helped her alot. And my guess is it was far better for her health and mind, than pain killers. 

i smoked everyday and it improved my skiing and surfing abilities.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, watchcat said:

Mentally?

Even mentally, He would have to have been a complete retarded halfwit,  and if that was the case which i seriously doubt, why was he given access to a machete.  Babies don't kill people by chopping them up neither do the mentally retarded.  Meth addicted psychopaths on the other hand...

7 hours ago, gargamon said:

So the guy was taking meth and also smoked some marijuana, and they blame the marijuana for his murder spree? Wow. Somebody's got an agenda here. 

I think you missed the plot.  It is the 14-year-old boy that smoked pot that is the main concern.    The worry that I have is what else are people putting in marijuana.  We know from past history in the West that putting a little extra of something in the pot was a good way to get people hooked on other drugs.  

I agree that buying form one of these large box stores is probably reasonably safe but there are a lot of dealers that are just selling nd you really have no idea what you are buying.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Has anybody bothered clicking on the link to the "enquirer" in the OP ?  not sure who pays them but they have certainly gone all out on the anti cannabis theme,

One of there "stories" even cites cannabis as a cause of priapism which can and has allegedly made one or more people castrate themselves     I was going to say you could not make it up, but they actually have .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The worry that I have is what else are people putting in marijuana.  We know from past history in the West that putting a little extra of something in the pot was a good way to get people hooked on other drugs.  

Don't be worried, that's an urban myth.

Assuming these two people (14 YO, 36 YO) actually smoked cannabis it was not treated with anything. It was just ditch weed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I think you missed the plot.  It is the 14-year-old boy that smoked pot that is the main concern.    The worry that I have is what else are people putting in marijuana.  We know from past history in the West that putting a little extra of something in the pot was a good way to get people hooked on other drugs.  

I agree that buying form one of these large box stores is probably reasonably safe but there are a lot of dealers that are just selling nd you really have no idea what you are buying.

Theres a basic flaw in that argument,  if they didn't tell people what they were secretly mixing with the pot, how would the victims know what they were addicted to?  come on now don't believe everything you hear or read in the papers or on the net 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

not sure who pays them but they have certainly gone all out on the anti cannabis theme,

We pay them, and they're grifters. They know what generates clicks and cannabis articles, for some reason, generate clicks. I think because the issue is somewhat divisive, and can be made to seem scary, and that alone gins up a lot of eyeballs.

• Thumbs Up 1

PLEASE try to get your facts straight before publishing falsehoods. 

According to the National Library of Medicine:

Introduction: Cannabis has been historically classified as a hallucinogen. However, subjective cannabis effects do not typically include hallucinogen-like effects. Empirical reports of hallucinogen-like effects produced by cannabis in controlled settings, particularly among healthy research volunteers, are rare and have mostly occurred after administration of purified Δ-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) rather than whole plant cannabis.