The purpose of tatoos

On 6/28/2023 at 1:48 PM, scubascuba3 said:

The good news is currently tattoos are less common than they were a couple years ago, hopefully on the way out

I can't speak for bar girls, but plenty of the girls at my local university have them. Usually multiple smaller ones. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Why get them at all?

many people like them... no further reason needed...

I have beautiful legs and never wanted to disrupt my natural beauty... also, I don't like pain - - and I am surely not going to waste money on that. It is one of those things that makes sense to me if they paid me, but still, not interested. 

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Presumably I don't. 

But being together with her for many years I help the family from time to time.

The father is old and now he has to go sometimes to the hospital. Sometimes an ambulance takes him for free, and sometimes not. Someone has to pay for the transport. I am not the only person who helps the father, and I can afford it more than others. I don't complain about that fact. I would also help my family in farangland if they needed to go to the hospital but couldn't afford it. 

Your girlfriend appears different, often they have to send money home to support the family so have to earn it one way or another

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I would bet you'll find many investement bankers and politicians with tattoos. They are easy enough to hide in a suit. As for King Charles (where have you been), he's not successful. He inherited the crown.

Yes hidden.....that is my point...ashamed to show it.

I didn't use the word "successful" on anyone.....I don't want to go off topic....but most probably we would agree on K C.

(my "self appointed HiSo" should have gave you a hint of my opinion....).

I have a greater understanding of why a bar girl gets a tattoo, than the average guy. It feels like a paint by numbers, I really want to be hip, and I really want to fit in somehow, kind of look, to me. It has become a type of uniform for younger folks. And when so many are doing it, is it still unique? 

The purpose of tattoos?

1. Getting a tattoo like everyone else expresses your individuality

2. Getting cartoons permanently drawn on your skin shows everyone what a great Art lover you are.

3. Tattoos are ice breakers.  You can tell complete strangers the story of what inspired you to get a tattoo

4. Tattoos have deep profound meaning that only you understand.  That makes you special.  Like everyone else with a tattoo. ????

On 6/29/2023 at 10:05 AM, BritManToo said:

Tattoo on girl in Thailand = prostitute.

Tattoo on girl in the west = slut.

The bigger the tattoo, the more they are.

Tattoo on guy in Thailand = low-life.

Tattoo on guy in west = thug.

Just my opinions, obviously there are exceptions but I will avoid all obviously tattooed people.

not just your opinions,  mine too

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course tattoos can be to boast about one thing or another...........

Consider the two guys having a shower in a sauna, when one of them spots a tattoo on the old fella of the other guy which says "Ludo", so the guy bursts out laughing and says that the tattoo should be removed because it shows just how small the guys old fella is.

And the reply was, well when it's fully extended, it spells, "Llundudno"!

I don't 'get' tattoo's, never have.

Would i wear the same clothes I wore in the 70's, which I was sure made me pretty damn Hot, Hell No I'd look like an idiot today.

So why I would get some ink, that isn't a pair of 1976 flared jeans that I could discard but be with a tat to my dying day?

But it's a cultural thing nowadays. I pleaded with my kids, I told them pierce whatever you want, but for God's sake don't tattoo it.

Made absolutely no difference, all three of them are tattoo'd, one at least more than the others.

But they are all decent human beings, and Heck that's the job of a Dad to be outraged by his kids lol

On 6/29/2023 at 6:53 AM, JensenZ said:

If you know the person well, you should try to talk them out of it by explaining they will regret the tattoos when they are older, or even in just a few short years. For example, my wife's two sisters had some tattoos that they regretted not long after. They actually get depressed over them and feel like cutting them off.

The lady in the photos you posted obviously had no friends, because she'll probably want to kill herself sometime in the future when her skin will look like a huge blue stain. If she found herself single, she'd have serious limitations on potential partners.

Load of bullocks  "the lady in the pic having no friends".

I suppose you can predict lottery numbers as well ????????????????

• Like 1