What is required for a tourist visa extension?

I have a tourist visa for 60 days and I would like to extend it by 30 days for tourism purposes.  I have never done an extension before. What is currently required at the Jomtien office? I wish to do it myself so need to know what this office is requiring,  thanks.

1 hour ago, Ling Kae said:

What is currently required at the Jomtien office

Apart from requirements posted above...

I think Jomtien are only processing 30 extensions within last couple of weeks of your permission of stay stamp. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

You'll need:

TM7 extension form

Copy of passport ID page

Copy of entry stamp/visa page

Passport photo

TM30 info from hotel

1900 baht

What exactly is the TM 30 info from hotel, and is that required only in Pattaya or at all immigration offices? The last time I extended was in 2016 at Chaeng Wattana, and this was not a requirement. 

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

What exactly is the TM 30 info from hotel, and is that required only in Pattaya or at all immigration offices

Your hotel should file a TM30.

When a tourist checks into a hotel they should make sure the hotel is doing that and can provide you with screenshot of that filing if they plan to obtain 30 day extension.

It's just a single line with basic info.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, thecyclist said:

What exactly is the TM 30 info from hotel, and is that required only in Pattaya or at all immigration offices? The last time I extended was in 2016 at Chaeng Wattana, and this was not a requirement. 

Requiring proof that a TM30 notification has been done has recently become a common requirement around the country, including at Chaeng Wattana. The TM30 notification is a report by the hotel or main possessor of a dwelling of a foreigner staying at the property. If staying at a hotel, the TM30 should have been done, certainly in places like Bangkok or Pattaya. If staying at a friend's apartment, you would need to ensure that the TM30 is done before applying for an extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Requiring proof that a TM30 notification has been done has recently become a common requirement around the country, including at Chaeng Wattana. The TM30 notification is a report by the hotel or main possessor of a dwelling of a foreigner staying at the property. If staying at a hotel, the TM30 should have been done, certainly in places like Bangkok or Pattaya. If staying at a friend's apartment, you would need to ensure that the TM30 is done before applying for an extension.

What do I need to bring to Immigration if I'm staying in my own condo? A TM30?  My proof of ownership?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pattayasecondhand/media

12 minutes ago, thailen said:

What do I need to bring to Immigration if I'm staying in my own condo? A TM30?  My proof of ownership?

I own a condo so I need to do a TM30 every time I visit (Jomtien give 72 hours from arrival to submit).

You need to fill out the TM30 form, copy of passport ID page, copy of entry stamp, copy of condo Chanote (mine is 3 pages). No payment required

Note: you only have to do a TM30 if you need to go to Immigration for an extension. If no need to go to immigration, don't bother with TM30

Edited by Pattaya57

21 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You need to fill out the TM30 form, copy of passport ID page, copy of entry stamp, copy of condo Chanote (mine is 3 pages). No payment required

So you do this since you visit Thailand and need to attend immigration for ....? 

• Confused 1

Thanks for the replies. When I checked into my apartment the first thing I told my manager was that I have come on a 60 day tv and I will be extending the visa and will be requiring the TM30 details. They said no problems,  when I am going they will supply it. They lodge everyone's details at these apartments so I am very happy about that. I will post an update once the extension has been made, thanks all.

• Thumbs Up 1

The TM30 is such a pain the you know what if like me you have a home base but travel around a lot too. You're supposed to do it everytime you come back.

Last time I extended I got a right talking to even though I brought the previous one but 'no valid, have to do again you come back room' and told the condo owner needs to pay a penalty (I think it was 1400).  Ended up paying myself as god knows how long that would have taken and needed the extension. I can't expect the owner to submit this once a week if you do weekend trips like I tend to do.

This time I'm flying abroad for a few days....honestly less hassle.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Something is seriously wrong with the electronic data processing (EDP) system at the immigration bureau if a hotel guest must bring a copy of the notification of the guest 's arrival made by the hotel to the immigration office where he applies for an extension of stay. All immigration offices in Thailand should be able to look up this information on the their computers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Something is seriously wrong with the electronic data processing (EDP) system at the immigration bureau if a hotel guest must bring a copy of the notification of the guest 's arrival made by the hotel to the immigration office where he applies for an extension of stay. All immigration offices in Thailand should be able to look up this information on the their computers.

Immigration can definitely see the Hotel TM30 info so I believe a tourist staying in hotels doesn't need to bring any TM30 info for an extension (long termers in rented/owned condo yes)

But I said that once before and got flamed for it....

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Immigration can definitely see the Hotel TM30 info so I believe a tourist staying in hotels doesn't need to bring any TM30 info for an extension (long termers in rented/owned condo yes)

It's the other way round.

Most expats living in Thailand can provide a TM47 or rental agreement etc for annual extensions.

However for tourists obtaining a 30 day extension most immigration offices will require a TM30. 

• Thumbs Up 1