What Is Your Partner/spouse's View Of Tv?

November Rain

This is mainly directed to those of you that spend quite a lot of time here. You know who you are. :D

If you have a partner or spouse, what do they think of you interacting with a bunch of strangers via a computer, rather than interacting with them? Do they go off & do their own thing with friends & family? Do they sit beside you as you browse/type & enjoy TV as much as you do? Do you only visit TV while at work, so it doesn't affect your personal relationships? If so, how does your boss feel about TV?? :o

I'm single, so it doesn't apply to me. In my last relationship, though, I imagine he would have been pretty pi$$ed off at me, had I been on TV at that time. He liked my attention focused on him :D:D . When I was married (different guy), he used to spend all of his time on the computer, between games & chat rooms & I'll admit to being pretty angry about that, myself.

Is there anyone who'll admit their partner is bothered by it? How do you handle that?

I tell him I'm doing research but usually when I post it's at work when I'm multi tasking or when I'm on hols with nothing to do.Should start a thread about internet/TV addicts.How long can you go without going online?

I usually visit the site at work so its not much of an issue with my wife. The times I use it at home she thinks it is a bit strange as to why I bother.

She used to be a bit suspicious with the side banner ads (before I discovered firefox adblocker and before the new layout) and would regularly ask me if I was looking for Thai women.

I think it is funny that the topic assumes that a thai partner would be more concerned with the time spent than the content.

my partner has sat down for an entire afternoon to read TV a few times.

On these occasions she has noted: "they complain alot. why don't they go home?"

She has also been quite offended by some of the recurring anti-thai/anti-thailand themes she reads and has remarked that in comparison i come off pretty well.

she quite regularly asks me why are you still reading that crap?

i rarely have a good answer.

I think it is funny that the topic assumes that a thai partner would be more concerned with the time spent than the content.

my partner has sat down for an entire afternoon to read TV a few times.

On these occasions she has noted: "they complain alot. why don't they go home?"

She has also been quite offended by some of the recurring anti-thai/anti-thailand themes she reads and has remarked that in comparison i come off pretty well.

she quite regularly asks me why are you still reading that crap?

i rarely have a good answer.

:o:D:D

That made me chuckle t.s :D

Mine is ok with me posting here. The 'meet beautiful thai girls' banner headline caused an interesting discussion the first time she saw it though.

She reads it sometimes and think's the bendix character is jai dam. Hard to disagree . .

My wife has plenty to do with a two rai yard and two small farms. She would rather I sit in front of the computer than help her outside. I'm no longer allowed to run the weed whacker because I cut down too many GOOD things. I can't even take out the trash because there may be something in it that she can sell to the recycle man.

I like it that when she starts to tell me about something that happened in Thailand I can say, "Yeah, I read that on Thaivisa yesterday" :D

There's days that I completely miss what's happening here tough. :o

Hi all,

My wife is a bit concerned about it. She claims that ever since I joined up I am more negative than before and she might have a point.

Also there was an incident with one of the members that viciously attacked everything that was dear to me, and I must admit that at first I was very angry, upset and had a couple of sleepless nights over this, and my wife was very concerned.

Some of the members might have noticed that I'm not very active on TV anymore as a result of that.

Anyway as I said my wife doesn't like it, and not for the wrong reasons,

cheers

onzestan

My girlfriend doesn’t mind as I can update her on various bits of Thai news etc..

However if there is a day with lots of moaning, anti-Thai and negative posts then apparently she can tell because I look depressed and act grumpy!

So now I don’t read negative stuff any more and the whole experience is allot better!!!

Jake

My wife doesn't even notice when I am on TV since I am usually at my desk paying bills or doing some other office work while at the same time spending a few minutes reading some of the TV posts. She is also a registered TV member but has never made a post and when she does occasionally go on TV she usually only reads the Ladies in Thailand forum. I doubt if she has ever read one of my posts as I usually post on general or travel topics. Thanks to TV and the online versions of the Bangkok Post and Nation which I read everyday, being I am somewhat of a news junkie, I keep more up to date on what is happening in LOS than does my Thai wife.

Mine loves to hear the latest episode involving what she calls "junk farangs," that certain group that we all love to bash on this forum.

Yeah, that banner with the girl had her do a double-take if I was on a dating site or not. :o

I'm very, very rarely on here, so it doesn't bother her :o

:D:D

That must be why your post count is so small, then, Mr. Bojo :bah::D

Onzestan, I know how it feels to be attacked personally. I have been, too & I know it's hard not to let the feelings run into your real life. If it's any help, I have the greatest of respect for you & always enjoy your common sense posts. :D

I'm a relative newbi on the forum but since I discovered TV, I can easily spend hours looking up new and old posts. Why doesn't the forum come with an addiction warning when you sign up :o ?! My husband thinks it's great I've found this forum because I've felt so isolated in the last couple of years living here with no other farang around. Now I can read about all the other folk that live in this lovely country and have similar problems/issues that I've had. He'll also sit down and have a read sometimes...he thinks that farangs have a great sense of humour but can't understand all the b*tching and moaning that goes on. Thai men just aren't that vocal at expressing themselves :D

My wife has plenty to do with a two rai yard and two small farms. She would rather I sit in front of the computer than help her outside. I'm no longer allowed to run the weed whacker because I cut down too many GOOD things. I can't even take out the trash because there may be something in it that she can sell to the recycle man.

Clever Farang... :o

My wife really enjoys all the info I have access to and I am usually the one updating her on what’s happening in Thailand. She must have a very distorted opinion by now. :D

She also likes to wonder if the farangs we meet are TV members too, as do I.

Her comments get negative when TV starts to cut into our time though. :o

Mine is more than happy, as it means we don't have to argue about who is watching the TV. She can go and watch her dreadful Thai shops, while I can go online and listen to decent radio channels and read Thai Visa and a few other websites.

Mine is more than happy, as it means we don't have to argue about who is watching the TV. She can go and watch her dreadful Thai shops, while I can go online and listen to decent radio channels and read Thai Visa and a few other websites.