Yellow House Book revisited

4 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Wrong.

Thai PR holders have the Blue book, their name is entered in the original blue Tabien Baan.

Interesting .... so one has to be an official Thailand PR (as a foreigner) to get one's name in the Blue Book.

I wonder how many on this forum are considered a PR ?   And how difficult to get PR (compared to getting the Yellow Book).

Likely a mute point, but I suspect (but could be wrong) its a lot easier to get a Yellow Book than it is official Thailand PR status.  And its a subject for another thread, but I wonder what the advantages (and disadvantages) are for obtaining a PR.   ... 

On 7/15/2023 at 8:53 AM, KannikaP said:

FIVE times to the Amphur with various papers & copies, TWELVE photos,and all the waiting while the Officer fills in an online form.

Was told five years ago that I could not have one because my GF & I are not married, to which I said BS. Had to take our village boss to vouch for me.

Anyway, I now have my Yellow Book so can go to National Parks for Thai price! 

very few National parks will let you in for Thai price with the yellow book, some will give you a reduced price, most will still charge you full price, and yes I have a yellow book and also the pink card when I first got them some parks would discount, now very few will for sure not the major ones

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, oldcpu said:

It possibly depends on what province the DL bureau is located?  The Phuket DL accepted my yellow-book/Pink-ID card combination (and hence I did not need to get a COR from immigration) when I last renewed my Thai driver's licence. 

Mine is located 10 mins away from my home in Nakhon Ratchasima, why they would'nt accept my yellow book/pink card beggars belief. I obtained both the yellow book/pink card whilst being resident in NR.  

On 7/17/2023 at 7:50 AM, jeffandgop said:

The Thai Immigration residency verification form I had to use to obtain a DL is titled "Appliccation (sic) Form Residence Certificate In Thailand".  See pics from the form issued/required by CM Immigration.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 07.42.01.png

Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 07.41.44.png

Sorry my bad.