Breakthrough deal could see either Pita or Srettha take job as Thailand’s 30th PM on July 13th

webfact

57 minutes ago, h90 said:

seems they are excellent loosers and good negotiators...And since when is a party that got 5% more votes than last time a looser?

I don't know... Mostly there is only 1 winner.. just like in sports, If you are the best you win and second place??? even if you broke your personal record, you are not a winner, you did better but the first one  is the winner.. number 2 can't claim the gold medal although PT want to have it. Loosers yes as they hoped they would win, but now they have a second place indeed they won more than last time, but still not the best .... Maybe they could have better be 3rd. as they say a second place is because you lost but you win a third place ....

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

This gives Pheu Thai a dangerous incentive to convince any allied senators they might have to vote against Pita or abstain. And I'm sure they have a lot more connections to senators than MFP. Not sure if that was a smart move.

Yes i think that sort of deal almost guarantees that Pita won't get elected.

This gives Pheu Thai a dangerous incentive to convince any allied senators they might have to vote against Pita or abstain. And I'm sure they have a lot more connections to senators than MFP. Not sure if that was a smart move.

MF may see it as the best deal they can get, Pit's fate rests with the senators, if they reject him then Settha or Pravit will be PM.

I think PT will vote for their own tomorrow as House Speaker, the man with an unsavoury background, Suchart Tancharern.

If PT has lot more connection to the senators, Thaksin should be back a long time ago. 

22 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't know... Mostly there is only 1 winner.. just like in sports, If you are the best you win and second place??? even if you broke your personal record, you are not a winner, you did better but the first one  is the winner.. number 2 can't claim the gold medal although PT want to have it. Loosers yes as they hoped they would win, but now they have a second place indeed they won more than last time, but still not the best .... Maybe they could have better be 3rd. as they say a second place is because you lost but you win a third place ....

That exactly is the point where you are wrong. Different than in sports, the third could get the gold medal the second the silver and the first gets nothing.

Which would be a coalition of the 2nd and 3rd party with the 3rd making the prime minister. We had that a couple of years ago in Austria. A coalition of weaker parties against the strongest is common. Also a compromise PM happens. A PM that was not even on the ballot or from a very minor party. The big point is getting the 50% in parliament. All other winner looser is just nice for the TV show

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Health Minister has been given to K Sudarat. Didn’t you know? 

No I didn't know....just saw how PTP claimed it for themself on TV a while ago....(not recently).

36 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yet as even you said "Winner" and not get all but get most. The people in Thailand voted! Pita won, now stop the nonsense and move forward (pun intended)????

you could not elect Pita....you vote for the parliament which than elects a PM....28% of the Thais may want Pita but they did not elect him....Who gets it is question of negotiations and bribery and the unelected Senate

37 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes i think that sort of deal almost guarantees that Pita won't get elected.

They need only 60 votes, and they may have a few senators and than it is said that they offer 100 Millions per vote for BJ and Dem MPs. I can't see how he doesn't get the votes.

But my wife also thinks that Pita can't get PM....

9 minutes ago, h90 said:

They need only 60 votes, and they may have a few senators and than it is said that they offer 100 Millions per vote for BJ and Dem MPs. I can't see how he doesn't get the votes.

But my wife also thinks that Pita can't get PM....

I think the 'they' in your fourth line refers to those backing the military parties, not MF 

Just now, bannork said:

I think the 'they' in your fourth line refers to those backing the military parties, not MF 

?? I am sure MF has a few senators and BJ...I think it was Anutin who explained that no one will take the 100 Millions they didn't offer for the votes (saying 100 is not enough....how about 120...) with BJ MFP would not need the senators at all.

But shopping around a few Senators a few Democrats maybe 1-2 people from the military who discover their love for MFP a few BJ  and they are over the needed amount. That looks like a easy win for me....

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

I think the military parties don't play much of a rule, it is Thaksin vs. whoever controls MFP

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, h90 said:

you could not elect Pita....you vote for the parliament which than elects a PM....28% of the Thais may want Pita but they did not elect him....Who gets it is question of negotiations and bribery and the unelected Senate

I understand that. 

But I am sure you would agree that the parliament should respect the will of the people. The people voted, move forward won, and I am sure that if the winners did not get the PM slot and the losers  did there will be hell to pay. I have spoke to many Thais about this and they all say the same, My wife and her family did not vote for for Pita, and yet they all expressed that if he does not become PM , they will be very upset. 

Personally I think these senators are negotiating to see  what kind of deal they can make for themselves and sell their vote to the higher bidder. 

IMO, Pita will become PM, or the country  will go up in flames, and we will have another military goverment. Perhaps that's the plan all along.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Anuthin was referring to monetary rewards to vote for a PM from the minority parties 

Nope what I heard was about Pita...at least I think so...I did not put my full attention to it...but wouldn't matter...100 Million is current rate.

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I understand that. 

But I am sure you would agree that the parliament should respect the will of the people. The people voted, move forward won, and I am sure that if the winners did not get the PM slot and the losers  did there will be hell to pay. I have spoke to many Thais about this and they all say the same, My wife and her family did not vote for for Pita, and yet they all expressed that if he does not become PM , they will be very upset. 

Personally I think these senators are negotiating to see  what kind of deal they can make for themselves and sell their vote to the higher bidder. 

IMO, Pita will become PM, or the country  will go up in flames, and we will have another military goverment. Perhaps that's the plan all along.

The "will of the people" is >50% of the votes...in the theoretic case of all other parties together make a coalition it would be 62% and would be more democratic than MFP with some small parties. (Very theoretic).

Well I heard that: go up in flames so many times...they are all big drama queens.....And as per my wife...30-40 years ago new parties rise and will change everything a few years later they are gone again. PTP the big exception and the Dems the oldest party I think. All others come and go....

If Pita will be PM the life goes on. If they block him the life will also go on.....and if we have in 2-4 years another coup and another constitution the twitter bubble will be upset but for the normal people nothing much will change...neither to the better nor to the worse.

We give too much importance to all of that.

4 minutes ago, h90 said:

Yhe "will of the people" is >50% of the votes..

Move forward party got the most seats end of story. 

As far as the people being "Drama Queens" about taking it to the streets , It has happened before (Many times) and it could very easily happen again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Move forward party got the most seats end of story. 

As far as the people being "Drama Queens" about taking it to the streets , It has happened before (Many times) and it could very easily happen again. 

they got 38% the others got together 62%.

You need and the "will of the people" is >50%

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, h90 said:

Nope what I heard was about Pita...at least I think so...I did not put my full attention to it...but wouldn't matter...100 Million is current rate.

It wasn't about Pita. The rumour was about persuading MPs to vote for a watch keeper as PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

It wasn't about Pita. The rumour was about persuading MPs to vote for a watch keeper as PM.

OK...if it was that way I stay corrected.....Still the amount is interesting....I remember the vote for Abhisit....

20 minutes ago, h90 said:

they got 38% the others got together 62%.

You need and the "will of the people" is >50%

And PT have said repeatedly they are opposed to forming an alliance with the military backed parties which leaves them in bed with PT, but as described by Dr Chalanon, the nominal leader, it's an arranged marriage, forced on them by pro democracy voters, over 24 million. Plus some smaller parties. 

Really PT would like to join Bhumjaithai and Pravit, but ' ell, we promised the voters we wouldn't!'

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

And PT have said repeatedly they are opposed to forming an alliance with the military backed parties which leaves them in bed with PT, but as described by Dr Chalanon, the nominal leader, it's an arranged marriage, forced on them by pro democracy voters, over 24 million. Plus some smaller parties. 

Really PT would like to join Bhumjaithai and Pravit, but ' ell, we promised the voters we wouldn't!'

PT+the small+BJ+Dems without military should be around 250 as well (didn't count it if they are just above or just below).

Direct working with military parties would be difficult to explain of PTP...But also for the Prayut...he can hardly argue to save Thailand from the Shinwatras and than let his party go in a coalition.....So I agree...but Thailand...I saw yellows cheering red shirts when it is against MFP :crazy:

Just now, h90 said:

Who is that?

Oh dear, h90. I thought you were well up on Thai politics. I remember your anti -Thaksin posts from way back and cheered them!

Wan Noor is the leader of the southern muslim party, Pracharat, ( spelling maybe wrong), part of the proposed coalition. He has been House Speaker before 

Oh dear, h90. I thought you were well up on Thai politics. I remember your anti -Thaksin posts from way back and cheered them!

Wan Noor is the leader of the southern muslim party, Pracharat, ( spelling maybe wrong), part of the proposed coalition. He has been House Speaker before 

I got sober from my politics addiction for years.....only now I relapsed :crazy:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Senators abstaining is a political out for them and can be used for either PTP or MFP and a success where their vote is not used to vote for Prayut/Prawit/et al pro-royalist. Maybe some are looking to extend their term under PTP/MFP?