Being Single VS Marrying a Thai Lady

How can anyone marry someone they can’t have a conversation with ?!   I have quite a few foreign friends with Thai wives. One lady is a doctor, another who speaks fluent Chinese and English and is employed in a big travel agency, another one is a cook . Etc .All successful marriages. Would you marry a girl you can’t speak to in your own country , or have a prostitute for a  girlfriend/wife ?? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

The novelist Graham Greene and the Nobel Prize winning physicist Richard Feynman were fans of the sort of things on offer in Nana Plaza.

If it's good enough for them.....

Like the author of Private Dancer... 

12 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

Jerry Hall was married to Mick Jagger and is, perhaps, the most famous Texas model. She came a long way from the woman who once worked at a Dairy Queen in Mesquite, Texas.

Hall said she had this advice on keeping a man like Mick: “My mother said it was simple to keep a man; you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom.” 

She didn't mention a Mensa membership but notably Hall and Jagger eventually split up so that could have been the deciding factor.  Of course it could also be because after 22 years and 4 kids she was tucking her teets in her jeans.  

and then she married Rupert Murdoch.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

and then she married Rupert Murdoch.

Do you discredit Mick and Rupert? Or even Jerry Hall without knowing anyone of them? 

There is always a exchange of some kind,  but, I believe those people are on another level, like one percent of the population, no matter what you like to think. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Walker88 said:

A strong man gives credit where credit is due. Weak men try to hide behind other men's penises.

That is very feminist of you.

I am working on something now, when finished it will change your life.

good luck with penises mate.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Do you think you personally are more intelligent than most or all women because you are a man?  

Pretty much.

I find myself spending a lot of time mansplaining simple things.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Don't bother mansplaining to your Thai lady, if its not about Thai food, Thai singers, or her family, she will fall asleep.

Most Thai women I've encountered view discussion (aka mansplaining) as some form of violence/attack on them and are likely to pull a knife. Better IMHO to agree with everything that they say/want, but never take any action, this is the Thai way.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think I'm more intelligent than most women (and most men) because my IQ is 140+.

I'm definitely more intelligent than women, since having 2 heads to think with ????

• Haha 1

Not all of us marry bargirls, but that being said....

My wife in an engineer, she works on B1 bombers, and honestly sometimes after hearing recount her day, I don't really care if the damn wings fall off, just be quiet and let me watch Star Trek, much more educational lol

So maybe it's just life, we all put up with each other either married or single in some shape or form, and hopefully it all works out

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess the answer is quite easy 

Any marriage has difficult times, times when its better to concede than fight 

Those that cannot accept they are not always right can hire a happy servant for an hour or two a day, interchange that they never get the false impression of having any input other than to please the guy 

So are the rewards from the interaction within a marriage more substantial than buying happy hours

I'd say much depends on the individual 

On 7/5/2023 at 4:52 AM, geisha said:

How can anyone marry someone they can’t have a conversation with ?!   I have quite a few foreign friends with Thai wives. One lady is a doctor, another who speaks fluent Chinese and English and is employed in a big travel agency, another one is a cook . Etc .All successful marriages. Would you marry a girl you can’t speak to in your own country , or have a prostitute for a  girlfriend/wife ?? 

Given the amount my western ex partner took me for when we broke up ( legally she was married even if no bit of paper ) I'd have been better off if I'd used prostitutes. I'd also have actually had sex, unlike our sexless relationship.

It was a high price to pay for a bit of conversation.

On 7/5/2023 at 1:14 PM, KhunLA said:

I'm definitely more intelligent than women, since having 2 heads to think with ????

you mean 2 brains. One brain you can use to learn Thai language, absolutely necessary to having a solid relationship. . The second one is for turning off what your hear, most of the time.

One Thai lady I often write about is actively pursuing me. She is 40, but gets a lot of customers.  She has a Farang boyfriend and a Thai husband, but tells me that she is tired of both of them.

Somebody might suggest that I go for it with her, but I know her too well:

I do hear her talking to her husband on the telephone, not very pleasant as she screams orders to him, which he ignores.

She secretely gambles, so she has no money. She used to play cards, but her game was raided by the police and she went to the monkey house.

She gets drunk every night. After an hour or so, she is pleasant, but after that, either becomes an angry drunk, or unconscious.

She claims she lost interest in sex 10 years ago. Bummer for a bargirl.

So, its much better to remain single and not have to deal with the consequences.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

One Thai lady I often write about is actively pursuing me. She is 40, but gets a lot of customers.  She has a Farang boyfriend and a Thai husband, but tells me that she is tired of both of them.

I do hear her talking to her husband on the telephone, not very pleasant as she screams orders to him, which he ignores.

She secretely gambles, so she has no money. She used to play cards, but her game was raided by the police and she went to the monkey house.

She gets drunk every night. After an hour or so, she is pleasant, but after that, either becomes an angry drunk, or unconscious.

So, its much better to remain single and not have to deal with the consequences.

She is a keeper, do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Sounds great, imagine the ups and downs to come with her as a girlfriend 

• Haha 1

I think being single is the best thing ever.

That said, it depends on the Thai woman.

If you can find one with a bit of class, who has been raised well, and had decent education, then it might work out ok.

But those kinds rarely go for us.

The classy ones usually don't marrying lower classes or suffer a worse fate of excluding themselves from Thai society to become the farang's wife

The kinds that go for us usually only have two options: village bloke or dumb farang.

The cunning ones choose the dumb farang, so straight away it's doomed to fail.

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I think being single is the best thing ever.

That said, it depends on the Thai woman.

If you can find one with a bit of class, who has been raised well, and had decent education, then it might work out ok.

But those kinds rarely go for us.

The classy ones usually don't marrying lower classes or suffer a worse fate of excluding themselves from Thai society to become the farang's wife

The kinds that go for us usually only have two options: village bloke or dumb farang.

The cunning ones choose the dumb farang, so straight away it's doomed to fail.

Do you understand there is gullible people among us, who want us good, dream of someone to take care of, be with, and feel secured? 

As much I see one part claim the other part is crazy, it is often a mirror effect involved, meaning both parts is crazy ????

On 7/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, Goat said:

It is because there are not any female rocket scientists. Rockets were invented by men. Women really havent contributed much to mankind.

I am writing this message to you on a computer made by man on the man made internet. I flew to Thailand on a man made plane and am about to get a cold beer from my man made fridge.

I am so sick of the pro feminist woke claims that weaker men have been bullied into believing.

You are woefully misinformed.

Ever heard of Ada Babbage? Did you know that the term "computer bugs" was invented by a woman?

There is a movie waiting for you called "Hidden Figures".

You may think the term "woke" is funny, but the flip side is funnier: "ignorant".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2023 at 10:08 AM, actonion said:

You can't take the Bar outta the Lady

I don't go with that. Met my Lady in 2009 in a bar in Pattaya. She quit the bar and we've been together in the house I built for her in 2012. Not married, no hassles from her family who live 'next door'. She doesn't drink, smoke or argue. I give her 5k a month for herself and pay all the bills easily. Love her!

• Thumbs Up 1