Being Single VS Marrying a Thai Lady

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, paddypower said:

i understand  it's common for many Thai wives to only go to bed at night, clothed. I'm a committed nudie, so for me, what's the point? Although I do understand the socio-cultural differences. I always find it odd that when you look at ''traditional'' post cards, images on monuments and so on - Thai women had no trouble baring it all  to the wind, in the old days.

The influence of the British Empire on Siam was pernicious.

Edited by Danderman123

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

sounds like you might have had a mid-life crisis? (I've had at least 3 (starting at 40). Or depression (ditto for me since I had a mental breakdown at 52 from overwork). Good to see you have found your true self. very few people are that lucky.

Not a mid-life crisis.

Read the whole story here:

www.child-abduction.net

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Who financed everything?

No need to answer, we already know!

Joint collaboration, since I can't buy RE, or research the Thai sites, bank sites where she found present land house is on (@ bank site), for better value.  Buying for ฿76k, with lot of same size, 4 lots down, sold for ฿460k. Along with finding land for 2nd house, on Thai site.

And she does almost all the manual labor.   She built our greenhouse, every aspect of it, welding, roofing, fencing.  Negotiated the ฿1.1M price for present house, and play liaison with builder for 2nd house, to make sure things done correctly.  Along with land department getting 6 rai chop to 2 rai + four 1 rai lots.

She redid the plumbing of present house, as they sucked at it. 

Without her, I would not have got the price for the first house, that we did, and at best broke even, instead of 50% profit, as she did a lot of the work prepping to sell.  She has earned her way, all the way, in our relationship. along with being mother to my village orphan as if her own.   PRICELESS stuff.

Without her, after that sold, 1st house, I would have rented.   Without her, we couldn't have bought the 6 rai, and built the 2nd house, sold that, and the other 4 rai separately, that returned all the cost of the land & 2nd house build, along with profits paying for the 3rd house, w/solar & EV.

Literally saving myself about about ฿3.2M in rent alone, over 18 years, for comparable properties to live in @ ฿15k a month, if I rented.  That's quite the contribution without having a salaried job.

She was a computer graphic designer, and I asked her to quit working after we met.   She was on a 'relationship break' then divorced her husband when I met her while working at Sis's night market restaurant.

It's not always about how much each puts into a relationship financially  That's why wives get 50% of all at divorce, because they probably earned it.   Especially if they had to put up with some of the sh!t I've seen some of these A-hole subjected them to.   You can't put a price an that BS.

So reality, she financed most everything, after I gave her access to the mere 1.4M to work with, what the first house sold for, that only cost ฿800k.   She provided a very nice ROI.   Lived about 3M rent free over 18 yrs, and have about ฿4M+ in assets now.

Saving me at least ฿4M out of pocket, along with future rent of ฿15k a month, if not having present house.

She's PRICELESS in this relationship, and it's nice having an intellectual equal to talk to and be with 24/7.   We're quite like minded in other aspects of our life 😉😉

There's a reason it lasted 18+ years ... we treat each other as equals.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 2

2 hours ago, paddypower said:

i understand  it's common for many Thai wives to only go to bed at night, clothed. I'm a committed nudie, so for me, what's the point? Although I do understand the socio-cultural differences. I always find it odd that when you look at ''traditional'' post cards, images on monuments and so on - Thai women had no trouble baring it all  to the wind, in the old days.

Strangely enough, older ladies I know are much more likely to walk around naked, compared with the younger ladies.

Of course, I am talking about behavior in my condo or a hotel room, not a house in the village.

And I am not married to them.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:02 AM, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, this is a new take on an old subject.

Its obvious from this forum that marrying a Thai lady is fraught with perils, from her going crazy after marriage, financial needs, family demands, etc.

But one issue is common among many failed marriages - lack of interest between husband and wife, ie nothing to talk about. You see hints of this in bars where a Farang will buy a drink for a lady and they just sit there silently, until the Farang sees another Farang and they talk about Farang stuff while the lady is ignored.

On the other hand, I know a lot of bargirls here in Pattaya, and can talk about the one thing the ladies like to talk about - other bargirls. Who broke up with their Thai boyfriend, who is marrying a customer, who is borrowing money from everyone, lots to talk about.

But, take the same lady out of her bar environment, and there is nothing to talk about.

You made me laugh. Nice one 👍

Edited by TheFatOne

On 4/18/2024 at 11:38 AM, Danderman123 said:

Strangely enough, older ladies I know are much more likely to walk around naked, compared with the younger ladies.

Of course, I am talking about behavior in my condo or a hotel room, not a house in the village.

And I am not married to them.

It took me 4 years to convince my Thai MIL not to walk around the house topless, and to close the bathroom door when she has a poop!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It took me 4 years to convince my Thai MIL not to walk around the house topless, and to close the bathroom door when she has a poop!

I can't get some of them to close the door to the bathroom.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I pay mine to stay away. Money well spent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1