Being Single VS Marrying a Thai Lady

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's say a girl started to work in a bar when she was 20. And maybe you talk to her when she is 25. Why don't you ask her what she did before she worked in a bar? 

Do these girls have nothing else to talk about? Or do they don't want to talk about their normal life with customers?

IMHO some bar girls are interesting people, others are boring. Just like many other people. 

oh, yes, I do ask about their lives before working bar.

32 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

It only takes one tryst to become pregnant

Yep and if a girl has 100 trysts as you cutely call them it raises the chances by 100.

Most sensible thai males dont want to marry the town bike.

She goes to Pattaya and a farang marries her.

• Sad 1

for the long term expect t to fail so you may have to chop and change into the future ,their  secret BF will always be a problem as they will     never let them go 

so will always be around to bother you ..their mang Da is always there  

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, 3NUMBAS said:

for the long term expect t to fail so you may have to chop and change into the future ,their  secret BF will always be a problem as they will     never let them go 

so will always be around to bother you ..their mang Da is always there  

What is a "mang Da"?

8 minutes ago, Goat said:

Gotta love the farangs who have lived here for a decade plus, havent picked up the local lingo and who complain that the Thais are lacking in knowledge. 

Ironic isnt it?

Not sure,

I'm a native English speaker, learned French, learned German, learned Spanish.

Learned a bit of Thai (+basic reading and writing) but never found it worthwhile.

Especially as I only get 1 year to stay at a time.

I've forgotten most of my German and Thai now as I never used them.

(my family speak Lanna and English)

If I had to learn another language now, it wouldn't be Thai as I don't live in Bangkok.

Always surprised at the western guys that insist you learn Thai while not seeming to understand that Central Thai isn't generally spoken by most Thai people in normal conversations.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Goat said:

I think it is the horny Thais girls that sleep around that end up pregnant are the problem. The boys run because they dont want to marry a promiscous female. 

And fair enough to

Edited by atpeace
dodn't want a proble
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you really want to discuss rocket science with her?

Most of us probably couldn't even if 'she could'....

... the reality for most is perhaps far more depressing....  Many men just don't have the game to attract incredibly intelligent women who are also incredibly attractive....  'thats a level of game' that most older expats here just don't have.....   

It used to be our 'looks' (part of which is age) that gets us in the door and our 'game' (intelligence, charm, humour) etc takes the rest of the way with such intelligent & attractive women....  as we age that door is hardly ajar.....  For others, that door was locked cards stacked against them... its just life. 

So... after your  5 minute or 2 hour romp or whatever it is with a stunner.....   what you do ???... talk about which shop has the best som-tam ???...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

incredibly intelligent women who are also incredibly attractive

Do they exist?

I know some very intelligent women, and I know some very attractive women. But I don't think I know any very intelligent women who is also attractive.

It seems to me that very intelligent women don't even try to be attractive. 

But to be fair I met so few very intelligent women that statistically it's not likely that they are also attractive. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Other than the Wharton and physician wives, I have my doubts many similar women are available to foreign men. Most such women, I suspect, would prefer a Thai man of similar background who shares similar cultural beliefs.

One of the issues with this forum is that there is a significant degree of cynicism towards those who'd suggest they are dating well educated women from a 'well to do' background.... 

I wonder if thats more to do with the area's in which most of such 'commentators' are hanging out, where and to whom in Thailand they have been exposed.

The vast majority of my friends are married to well educated women here - Masters Graduates from Overseas or Chula / Thammarsat...

Such females are not unicorns at all IMO... they just tend not to hang out in the area's most expats are hanging out in, perhaps because their interests differ from those 'occupational farang hunters' of Sukhumvit Soi 11 (Bangkok) who are out solely to attract a 'western boyfriend'...   or others simply searching for economic security and or course, everything in between covering the whole spectrum of relationships in Thailand....

(in the post above) The females (unicorns) you mention who you suspect may prefer a 'Thai man' may well do so, some may be open minded enough to date a westerner who passes muster, most are well travelled and educated enough to evaluate the wheat from the chaff, many have numerous 'potential' Thai suitors...   But, if you have 'good game' the door is open, just as it is in any nation. 

The fortunate thing for many here is that for those for whom 'that door' is closed, there is another open door into which they can step and continue to enjoy a life of fun - that is something wonderful about Thailand and although it does create somewhat of an illusion thats not a bad thing, but for some, that becomes the delusion that a life outside of their own boundaries of experience in Thailand is not possible and those who suggest otherwise are simply not being truthful. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
26 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

incredibly intelligent women who are also incredibly attractive

Do they exist?

I know some very intelligent women, and I know some very attractive women. But I don't think I know any very intelligent women who is also attractive.

But to be fair I met so few very intelligent women that statistically it's not likely that they are also attractive. 

Respectfully....  it seems you spend so much of time browsing the web for photos of attractive women you'd miss the chance to engage with attractive & intelligent women.

But, to answer your question directly... Yes, there are loads of highly intelligent women here in Thailand who are also knock-out stunners....  (and back in the day in my 20's and early 30's, I'd date em)....   

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I want to deal with this separately - because 'attractive' is in the eye of the beholder. 

A very intelligent attractive female in Thailand is unlikely to be dressing in the manner shown by the vast majority of the photos of females you post on this forum.... Not in public (in private its a very different matter !), neither do they dress like mormons, they dress with a degree of attractive subtlety many may overlook and consider conservative compared to the 'amount of skin on show in the bars'... thats simply a facet of society where the conservative pendulum over-compensates....

I guess some, such as yourself OMF may not recognise this as readily or simply see such females as 'off-limits' so don't even entertain the possibility. 

• Like 1

To the best of my knowledge I have never met an educated Thai woman. I mean well educated, not someone who has acquired a degree and is working as a teacher or in an office. 

They are not obvious in the areas that I ‘hangout’ and I have certainly not been interested in seeking them out. 

I have met some smart, switched on women - but largely uneducated.

I am content with women who are kind, calm and caring - and have an open mind towards things that are non-Thai. If I wanted intellect I would probably look towards my own culture.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Respectfully....  it seems you spend so much of time browsing the web for photos of attractive women you'd miss the chance to engage with attractive & intelligent women.

But, to answer your question directly... Yes, there are loads of highly intelligent women here in Thailand who are also knock-out stunners....  (and back in the day in my 20's and early 30's, I'd date em)....   

I want to deal with this separately - because 'attractive' is in the eye of the beholder. 

A very intelligent attractive female in Thailand is unlikely to be dressing in the manner shown by the vast majority of the photos of females you post on this forum.... Not in public (in private its a very different matter !), neither do they dress like mormons, they dress with a degree of attractive subtlety many may overlook and consider conservative compared to the 'amount of skin on show in the bars'... thats simply a facet of society where the conservative pendulum over-compensates....

I guess some, such as yourself OMF may not recognise this as readily or simply see such females as 'off-limits' so don't even entertain the possibility. 

Please don’t confuse ‘off limits’ with ‘not an area of interest’.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do they exist?

IME beautiful women in Thailand have a tendency to be airheads.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I understand your words. But...

At least for me, "very intelligent" means MENSA IQ level like the following picture of that organization. Do you spot any "very attractive women"?

main-qimg-0f9a264560a5e08d8997b442e10804

I guess what you write about clothes and my limited view on what I find attractive is also true.

Maybe it's just my personal taste.

image.png.45b50327d18d876e3232def3a6ce170b.png

• Thumbs Up 1