Baan and Beyond and Tops

Rimmer

I see that Baan and Beyond also Tops supermarket have closed and pulled out from the area next to Big C behind KFC on Sukhumvit.

The antique shop on the corner of the road by the parking area also looks like they are moving out as well which leaves only Office Supplies in that precinct.

• Thanks 1

Disappointing, I liked having a Thai meal at the Tops breakfast bar while getting my car cleaned at the carwash next to the KFC. Of course the the convenience of them being quieter outlets no doubt contributed to their demise. The Baan & Beyond has been deserted the times I have been in recently, I think that points to some degree of weakness in the property sector compared to past times

36 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My totally without knowledge guess was going to be... someone's planning a new mall or hotel or condo project there... and all the existing occupants being forced out to make way.

I would guess some sort of retail rather than condos or hotel.  We'll see.

Smeg. I had just checked Baan's website to check opening hours to pop over early tomorrow. According to Google they open at 09:00 tomorrow and the opening hours were updated just 3 weeks ago!

Any suggestions for the nearest alternative for shopping for curtain poles and ready-made curtains, plus some electrical bits and bobs?

Screenshot_20230703-213000_Chrome.jpg.2aa991c0b37e1d3f69c749059491398b.jpg

5 hours ago, RayWright said:

Smeg. I had just checked Baan's website to check opening hours to pop over early tomorrow. According to Google they open at 09:00 tomorrow and the opening hours were updated just 3 weeks ago!

Any suggestions for the nearest alternative for shopping for curtain poles and ready-made curtains, plus some electrical bits and bobs?

Screenshot_20230703-213000_Chrome.jpg.2aa991c0b37e1d3f69c749059491398b.jpg

Probably a 10 minute drive to Homepro in the Big C on Pattaya Klang or you could continue on Sukhumvit and try Index Living Mall past the Klang turn-off.

56 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Probably a 10 minute drive to Homepro in the Big C on Pattaya Klang or you could continue on Sukhumvit and try Index Living Mall past the Klang turn-off.

Or another minute or 2 past Index you have Boonthavorn and Home Pro... I prefer this Home Pro than the one at big C due to the parking right out front of store.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kinyara said:

And on to the Homepro just beyond there on Sukhumvit too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kinyara said:

Cheers. Thanks for the heads up.

14 hours ago, RayWright said:

Index living Mall have a big selection of ready made curtains and poles.

Also Home Pro on Sukhumvit by Nong Nuch have a big selection of ready made curtains and poles as well, they also have a big electrical accessories section

34 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Index living Mall have a big selection of ready made curtains and poles....

Cheers miladdo.

Off to be "Shipwrecked and comatose, Drinking fresh Mango Juice.. Fun, Fun, Fun".

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Or another minute or 2 past Index you have Boonthavorn and Home Pro... I prefer this Home Pro than the one at big C due to the parking right out front of store.

Useful to know, I haven't been in to that branch of Home Pro but would appreciate the easier access.

I you missed the Sales at Tops & B&B on 6th June, you missed the sale of the centry.

Both had clearance sales 50-70% off everthing.

B&B are now selling off what is left by the pallet load just to shift it, so if you need 15 celing fans or enough taps and shower fitting to furnish a hotel. now would be a good time to get there.

• Like 1