“O” visa retirement extension- financial requirements

I recently saw a YouTube video from Integrity Legal. The discussion was about the financial requirements for the OA retirement visa extension as listed on the website of the Thai Australian Consulate.  Apparently, the financial requirements have increased substantially and, at least according to the figures listed, the requirement is to now show the equivalent of approximately 1.2 million Thai baht in an account or a monthly income that would be equivalent to that amount over the course of a year.

Has anyone has heard anything about a potential increase in the financial requirements for the O visa extension for purposes of retirement? If I have to increase the amount I keep in my Thai account, it would be nice to have some advanced warning.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

The only changes are that the health insurance requirement for those on Non O-A visas increased a while back. There were no changes to the basic financial requirements.

I wonder why the change in the financial requirements listed for the OA visa on the website of the Thai Australian consulate?  Someone make a mistake?  Or is each consulate free to make their own requirements?  

4 hours ago, jas007 said:

I wonder why the change in the financial requirements listed for the OA visa on the website of the Thai Australian consulate?  Someone make a mistake?  Or is each consulate free to make their own requirements?  

To view the official requirements for Australian OA visa applications as set out on the website of the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra, do the following:-

(1) Click on https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/visa-categories

(2) Scroll down and click on RETIREMENT VISA CATEGORIES

(3) Select second option (Retirement Visa valid for 1 year)

These indicate that there have not, in fact, been any recent changes to the financial requirements - contrary to what Integrity Legal may be alleging in the context of that wondrous (and purely fictitious-sounding) organisation called "The Thai Australian Consulate"!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jas007 said:

So this is a fake site?

IMG_0740.png

IMG_0739.png

No; it's not a fake site. It's the Sydney Consulate site, who make up their own financial requirements.

They want Health Insurance if applying for a Non O as well.  Hence why I came in visa exempt. 

As advised previously in the thread the Canberra Embassy doesn't inflate the requirements.

• Thumbs Up 1