Citizenship & Permanent Residency

Migration is a hot subject in EU, I suppose primarily due to the fact of immigrants who were unwilling or unable to establish themselves in their new country. Never have those immigrants who were willing and able to establish themselves been seen as anything other than a part of their new country. So why don’t Thailand make things easier for those foreigners who would be willing and able to establish themselves in Thailand to permanently live in the country? 
I have a wife and daughter in Thailand, own two homes and I have money in the bank but not the skill set wanted nor allowed to work in Thailand. I wouldn’t mind paying the 5-10 thousand per month instead of the minimum tax collected from foreigners who qualify by work and paying tax as a part of qualifying for citizenship or permanent residency.

• Haha 1

In general, Thai people are NOT big fans of foreigners, as a tourists, yes, but as permanent resident and citizens not so much and if yes, that will be fraught  with great difficulties and many obstacles.

11 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

There is an excellent thread about Thai citizenship, post your concerns there.

@KUGS

https://aseannow.com/topic/121353-story-of-my-thai-citizenship-application/page/270/

Main concern for us retirees is that there doesn’t seem to be a route to PR unless we work & pay Tax for >2 years thus making PR an impossible dream for us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Main concern for us retirees is that there doesn’t seem to be a route to PR unless we work & pay Tax for >2 years thus making PR an impossible dream for us. 

Mike you can open your own company, if PR is what you desire.

• Like 1

@KUGSyour post is discussing visas and residency in Thailand, but you have posted in the Visas to other countries forum, non Thailand, I’ll move your post to a more appropriate forum.

As has already been pointed out there is already a long running thread on this subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, KUGS said:

So why don’t Thailand make things easier for those foreigners who would be willing and able to establish themselves in Thailand to permanently live in the country? 

I’m sure because they don’t want a bunch of slackers migrating here and mooching off the system, like what the idiots are allowing in the US. So if you have money, can produce income for Thai people or can exercise some benefit for the country, then by all means, you’re welcome to stay as a guest. Permanent citizenship is a task that I’d never be interested in. Everything is easy enough as it is.

Edited by novacova

21 hours ago, novacova said:

I’m sure because they don’t want a bunch of slackers migrating here and mooching off the system, like what the idiots are allowing in the US. So if you have money, can produce income for Thai people or can exercise some benefit for the country, then by all means, you’re welcome to stay as a guest. Permanent citizenship is a task that I’d never be interested in. Everything is easy enough as it is.

Clearly countries benefit from a well handled immigration. I’m not in Thailand to mooch, I’d say I am leaving a positive mark on Thai economy. Retirement is not that far away and I would appreciate being able to make permanent plans, that’s all.

Edited by KUGS
Improve

22 hours ago, theoldgit said:

@KUGSyour post is discussing visas and residency in Thailand, but you have posted in the Visas to other countries forum, non Thailand, I’ll move your post to a more appropriate forum.

As has already been pointed out there is already a long running thread on this subject.

Thanks ????