British student’s harrowing balcony plunge leaves him fighting for life in a Thailand hospital

snoop1130

On 7/20/2023 at 7:19 PM, kwilco said:

like most of your posts - just rubbish - you have no idea of the basics of health and safety.

So you are saying in countries where people don't fall off balconies so often there are less "drunken yobs"?

In fact these "drunken yobs" come from other countries too.

I'm sure the relatives of these people will be greatly relived to know that you classify them as "drunken yobs"

I just noticed your insulting post that quoted me ie you are insulting me personally.

Take note of forum rules, or did you not bother reading them?

you have no idea of the basics of health and safety.

Given my experience of working in dangerous occupations and areas that is an ignorant comment, and you are being fatuous.

If I actually had no idea of health and safety I would likely have died long ago.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone that isn't cognitively impaired in some way ( alcohol or drugs etc ) could fall off a balcony that has something resembling a railing.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just noticed your insulting post that quoted me ie you are insulting me personally.

Take note of forum rules, or did you not bother reading them?

you have no idea of the basics of health and safety.

Given my experience of working in dangerous occupations and areas that is an ignorant comment, and you are being fatuous.

If I actually had no idea of health and safety I would likely have died long ago.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone that isn't cognitively impaired in some way ( alcohol or drugs etc ) could fall off a balcony that has something resembling a railing.

It's  quite common to find people who think because they drive a car, they are experts on road safety, because they've been to hopital they are an expert on healthcare and because they work in dangerous occupations they re experts in health and safety - yet they demonstrate by their comments they just dont have a clue - they regard the health and safety officers as a nuisance and health and safety as a load of unnecessary regulations that stop them from doing their job - which of course they don't fully understand the dangers of.....

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lets face it, no authorities in Thailand really care why foreigners die or are injured while here.

Same attitude as myself.  67 million folks died last year, and (thankfully), I don't think I knew any of them.  Didn't shed a tear or lose any sleep, let alone care or wonder how I could have helped in some way.

People die and or get seriously injured.  Sh!t happens ... oh well.

I'll be a stat one of these days, and only 2 people will care, and that's fine.

Edited by KhunLA

13 hours ago, kwilco said:

It's  quite common to find people who think because they drive a car, they are experts on road safety, because they've been to hopital they are an expert on healthcare and because they work in dangerous occupations they re experts in health and safety - yet they demonstrate by their comments they just dont have a clue - they regard the health and safety officers as a nuisance and health and safety as a load of unnecessary regulations that stop them from doing their job - which of course they don't fully understand the dangers of.....

Unfortunately there are those on this forum that think because they disagree with others it's an excuse to insult them.

Given you know nothing about what other posters are qualified to do, what their life experiences are, and what their reasons are for holding the opinions they do, your comments are just your opinions, as are ours, without some evidence to back them up.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Same attitude as myself.  67 million folks died last year, and (thankfully), I don't think I knew any of them.  Didn't shed a tear or lose any sleep, let alone care or wonder how I could have helped in some way.

People die and or get seriously injured.  Sh!t happens ... oh well.

I'll be a stat one of these days, and only 2 people will care, and that's fine.

Agree.

Seems that some are "compassionate" selectively. Eg, I know a guy that is extremely concerned about civilian deaths in Ukraine, but doesn't care at all about what is happening in Burma or other such like conflicts.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 6:30 PM, Yorkshire Tea said:

I'm guessing alcohol consumption voided his insurance.  In which case, what's the point of travel insurance?

Yr car insurance doesn't pay for drunk driving either. Whats the difference?