Stream of despair: US livestreamer threatens to kill himself if jailed in Thailand for distributing obscene content

webfact

Mr. Ice Poseidon has a Wikipedia page.  Apparently:

"His peak prominence was in 2017"  (I guess he's desperate to become popular again.)

He's been repeatedly banned from various platforms, and he's been banned from Reddit.

His fans frequently use "racial and sexual slurs, and harassment."

He "admitted to scamming over $500k from his fans in a pump and dump crypto scheme"

Charming guy.

He's also autistic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Poseidon

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The only obscenity committed here, is the one done by the RTP. The level of pretense, the level of fake purity, the dumb and mindless application of laws here is beyond inane. 

What he was doing might be considered wierd by some. But, it was so utterly harmless. Women are getting abducted, raped and trafficked at this very moment, by Thai officials, and the police are pretending to be engaged in law enforcement. I seriously hope this results in just another omelette on the face of the rather useless RTP.

yes and no one should have the right to say what is allowed and what not. As long as no one is hurt and everyone is of age people......I almost wrote "should be allowed to do what the want". But that is wrong. There should be no one with the authority to allow or ban something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Based upon professional most who threaten to commit suicide rarely go through with it.  It's the quiet ones who usually carry things out into the great unknown.  

He will not get much sympathy or empathy from anyone (from Thai or Foreigner).  

He musts be crazy to do his act in a very up market hotel. Very bad image for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watched the whole disturbing  video.

Vile acts in a restaurant with not an iota of regard for other diners. A vulgar  vile display of self centered entitlement. 

Crawl  back to your cave ICE and stay there...O, and take your other two freaks with you. 

• Love It 2

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

There are millions of virtually the same thing on all social media in Thailand. By Thai folks, however. I don't know, is that the diff? Like the Chinese woman showing her butt in the songtaew. It is happening everyday. Hell, Songkran is endless girls and ladyboys girating their almost in full view stuff. Outside of Songkran, a bit less, but nonetheless an ongoing twerk and jerk-athon, in concerts, bars, car shows, fashion shows, Mor Lam, village festival, wedding, school day....it's endless. I'd kill myself, too, before spending 5 years in jail.

thais not pay as much tea money?

Just now, Smokey and the Bandit said:

From the article:

Understandably, netizens cried hypocrisy over the arrest pointing out the scantily clad women cavorting in bars around the Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy areas but the police made a point of adding that he and his friends, Deepak, and Hyubsama, were arrested for “distribution of obscene content,” not indecent exposure.

Distribution? You mean live streaming? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

From the article:

Understandably, netizens cried hypocrisy over the arrest pointing out the scantily clad women cavorting in bars around the Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy areas but the police made a point of adding that he and his friends, Deepak, and Hyubsama, were arrested for “distribution of obscene content,” not indecent exposure.

Laws been there for years

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

I sincerely believe you completely missed my point. I don't care what he did, but obviously the powers that be in Thailand did. So instead of say, "Oops, my bad" and apologizing, he puffs his scrawny little chest out and says, "Oh yeah? I'll kill myself if you threaten me!" That kind of attitude gets people killed here almost every day.

I also think you missed my point, as by no means would I defend such a %^$^%#%^%#.  But I have the feeling reading this article that the real problem is the hotel manager's ego that is at play. And will the cops get called whenever we annoy a local? That's why I wonder which laws he broke.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

I also think you missed my point, as by no means would I defend such a %^$^%#%^%#.  But I have the feeling reading this article that the real problem is the hotel manager's ego that is at play. And will the cops get called whenever we annoy a local? That's why I wonder which laws he broke.

Well, when you start by accusing me of basically being an old duffer, what else could I conclude?

• Haha 1

He won't need to do that, surviving a Thai jail has quite a low chance, so the jail will possibly finish him off, but perhaps he will have just enough time to realize his mistake of trying to shame Thailand with vulgar on-line rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1