Stream of despair: US livestreamer threatens to kill himself if jailed in Thailand for distributing obscene content

webfact

2 hours ago, bignok said:

If you video a ladyboy walking on the street is that obscene?

Why should it be if that's all you're doing.  He wasn't videoing LBs on the street, he was abusing the facilities of the private hotel/restaurant and livestreaming it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Based upon professional most who threaten to commit suicide rarely go through with it.  It's the quiet ones who usually carry things out into the great unknown.  

He will not get much sympathy or empathy from anyone (from Thai or Foreigner).  

Probably a good idea rather than going to the cook wearing the dancing gear.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Seriously, do none of these people realise that they are in Thailand and the rules are different here?

Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don't know because we don't want to know.

Regardless of this guy's character, hypocrisy comes to mind on behalf of the Thais. They'd have something to complain about if it was like the UK, they allow them to go into schools to lecture children dressed like that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TonyFromItaly said:

I totally agree, I don't see any serious crime in this case. In Thailand they give jail time for offenses that in the West deserve only a fine... They are dangerously resembling Saudi Arabia...
Tony

The primary issue is that the authorities are not only completely devoid of morality themselves and utterly depraved, but when you add in the pathological desire to "appear" to be pure, moral and righteous, it creates a combustible mix, and an astonishing lack of sincerity. 

They seem to expend alot of effort pursuing those who do not deserve attention, nor prosecution, and they seem to go out of their way to avoid the real criminals, traffickers, army officials involved in drugs pushing, and crimes committed by wealthy and influential families. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The primary issue is that the authorities are not only completely devoid of morality themselves and utterly depraved, but when you add in the pathological desire to "appear" to be pure, moral and righteous, it creates a combustible mix, and an astonishing lack of sincerity. 

You speak for all police? 

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They seem to expend alot of effort pursuing those who do not deserve attention, nor prosecution, and they seem to go out of their way to avoid the real criminals, traffickers, army officials involved in drugs pushing, and crimes committed by wealthy and influential families. 

Do you think they were going door to door, or do you think the hotel called them?

Do you not think allowing streaming videos from hotels facilities human trafficking? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Kinda freaky dude. However he will be popular in jail for sure by the name Paulina or Polly shortly.

Do you even know what planet you’re on?

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

He has my full sympathy as I have watched enough content on the terrible, I mean really terrible conditions inside a Thai prison and this fellow wasn't hurting anyone, he was just having fun! 

Where did it say that he is going to get a prion sentence?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

He has my full sympathy as I have watched enough content on the terrible, I mean really terrible conditions inside a Thai prison and this fellow wasn't hurting anyone, he was just having fun! 

Well he can have some more fun if he ever does go to a Thai Prison!

It will serve him tight right IF it happens!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Regardless of this guy's character, hypocrisy comes to mind on behalf of the Thais. They'd have something to complain about if it was like the UK, they allow them to go into schools to lecture children dressed like that.

"...they allow them to go into schools to lecture children dressed like that".

Who allows that?  Where, which schools?  When?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

You speak for all police? 

Do you think they were going door to door, or do you think the hotel called them?

Do you not think allowing streaming videos from hotels facilities human trafficking? 

"Do you not think allowing streaming videos from hotels facilities human trafficking?'

No..... No further response deserved.

Edited by greeneking
Attempt at clarity
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1