Unidentified Foreign Tourist Seriously Injured After Car Overturns in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket – An unidentified foreign tourist has sustained severe injuries after their car overturned in Kamala.

Emergency responders told the Phuket Express that they were notified of the accident earlier this week on the Kamala – Patong Road in Kamala.

They arrived at the scene to find the unidentified male foreign tourist lying near the overturned car. He had sustained rib injuries and he was taken to a nearby hospital.

By Goongnang Suksawat

#news

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/07/08/unidentified-foreign-tourist-seriously-injured-after-car-overturns-in-phuket/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-07-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

An unidentified foreign tourist has sustained severe injuries after their car overturned in Kamala.

Yeah, that´s usually what happens when the car you sit in overturns.

• Like 1

I Wager a 'Rushing Russian' been a few on bikes & cars heading North on that road between Patong - Kamala over cooking things last few mths, if its the Big rocks on Kamala side you can hardly miss them, obvs this guy didn't

• Haha 1

I drove by the scene the next morning and wondered what had happened. It is the very end of the Patong/Kamala hill road just as you're about to enter Kamala (where the landslide was last November), it's a straight road and I was curious what would cause a one vehicle turnover accident on a dry road (well, bad driving, speed or failed brakes obviously).

The jeep looked worse in real life than it appears in the picture. I thought no one would have survived. 

• Like 1

Looks like one of those dozen or so rent-a-Jeep tourist douchemobiles I've seen around. There's a yellow one in Patong that stupidly has a big "Tsunami" sticker on either its front or side, wonder (hoping) if it's the same one.....

Edited by Sandboxer