Four Illegal Taxi Drivers Arrested in Patong

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong – Four illegal taxi drivers were arrested in Patong this weekend, July 9th, 2023 for using a personal vehicle to transfer tourists.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that this weekend they have arrested four illegal taxi drivers in the Patong area. They were taken to the Patong Police Station to face charges of using personal vehicles to transfer tourists in illegal taxis.

Phuket officials have continued to crack down on illegal taxis recently as seen below.

By Goongnang Suksawat

#news

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/07/09/four-illegal-taxi-drivers-arrested-in-patong/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-07-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Illegal for what reason?

Were they not registered as "taxis" ?

I've seen 2 or 3 new taxi app's start up in Phuket in the last few weeks, I think lots of drivers on BOLT are illegal hence the reason the cant go in the airport, you have to walk out of the airport to get one 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Illegal for what reason?

Were they not registered as "taxis" ?

Says it clearly.

"They were taken to the Patong Police Station to face charges of using personal vehicles to transfer tourists in illegal taxis."

So black plated 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, stoner said:

and in tomorrows news.....

taxi driver returns 1 quadrillion baht left in the back of a cab. 

I did have a guest earlier this year leave his iPhone in a BOLT taxi they bought it back after a couple of days 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Recently used Grab taxis in my area... 

Very professional private drivers/car, good clean new model cars, very polite speaking,

pick-up from home to destination.

Courtesy 100%, wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Down here in Phuket Grab were charging a premium on top of the fare some guest complained to me, that was before covid I don't know if they are still doing it, 

Last month I had to use BOLT a few times the fares are a lot less and they were all new cars one day I got a fortuna, 

54 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Further evidence that the thugs who control the taxi trade are being protected by the boys in brown.

Steer clear of this island of thugs and rip off scams.

I wonder what the total per annum envelope percentage is for the boys in brown from this mafia 'operation'? I imagine pre-covid it was tens of millions of baht.