Transgender woman is crowned Miss Netherlands for the first time in the beauty pageant's history and will now compete for the Miss Universe crown

This is where my liberal bleeding heart kinda breaks down in turmoil.

Whether it's a pageant or sports, I struggle with a trans woman competing.

I think I'm OK with pageants, since that's just beauty, but then you get to sports and not so sure about that

Edited by GinBoy2

38 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

This is where my liberal bleeding heart kinda breaks down in turmoil.

Whether it's a pageant or sports, I struggle with a trans woman competing.

I think I'm OK with pageants, since that's just beauty, but then you get to sports and not so sure about that

This topic is not about sports.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I am not woke.

Woke is just an attack word now meaning anything right wingers don't like. They say woke and then they have no further argument. The insult is enough.

Kind of like the word fascist.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2023 at 4:56 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

sooooooooooo many fragile egos on this thread.........better go rent a bargirl gents to make you feel like a man again...dont forget to stop at the ATM!

How about the Dutch women? You know, the ones that were born woman and remain women?

This has buggerall to do with fragile male egos.

I'm with Allison on this.

The crowning of Miss Netherlands is a brazenly ambitious form of misogyny

When I was growing up, men were best at most things. Little did we know that one day, they would be better than women at beauty contests

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2023/07/12/miss-netherlands-transgender-model-rikkie-valeria-kolle/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm amazed people even have any contests based on looks.  Nothing but marketing and an industry within itself.  One of, if not the biggest when taking in all the products sold and used.

Now everything is turned into a political/special interest platform, which of course, once again, leads to division.   Seems to be a be a common thread in all things in the news.

Y'all may want to give that some thought ... just a suggestion.

They control the news, and they're winning ... ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

JT, many of us on the bleeding heart left are a little conflicted about all of this, so give us some space

Too bad, you need to get in lock-step with the ideology or you'll be a hater like the rest of us. 

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Back to the pageant.

They allowed a transgender woman to enter.

She happened to win 

Unless you watched the contest which was presumably in Dutch you have no basis to label her win as biased.

The pageant could have just as easily not allowed her.

Believe it or not I would have no problem with that.

Transgender pageants exist.

I dislike people insulting the winner.

She was allowed to enter, she won -- the  thing decent people do is to congratulate her as any other winner.

And if she hadn't placed at all, the rabid flock that invented the notion of "trans haters" would be loud and proud. They totally devalue the Pride movement with their ever-expanding gender classifications, supposedly in the name being "inclusive". To paraphrase Blaire White, a prolific trans YouTuber, "What on earth is 2SLGTBQIA+? It sounds like the Wi-Fi password at Starbucks."

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

And if she hadn't placed at all, the rabid flock that invented the notion of "trans haters" would be loud and proud. They totally devalue the Pride movement with their ever-expanding gender classifications, supposedly in the name being "inclusive". To paraphrase Blaire White, a prolific trans YouTuber, "What on earth is 2SLGTBQIA+? It sounds like the Wi-Fi password at Starbucks."

Had he/she they not been trans, he/she they would never have made it to the stage. 

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

How about the Dutch women? You know, the ones that were born woman and remain women?

This has buggerall to do with fragile male egos.

I'm with Allison on this.

The crowning of Miss Netherlands is a brazenly ambitious form of misogyny

When I was growing up, men were best at most things. Little did we know that one day, they would be better than women at beauty contests

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2023/07/12/miss-netherlands-transgender-model-rikkie-valeria-kolle/

Written by an anti trans demagogue. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If she hadn't placed, then nothing.

Stop making up inflammatory stuff.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Back to the pageant.

They allowed a transgender woman to enter.

She happened to win 

Unless you watched the contest which was presumably in Dutch you have no basis to label her win as biased.

The pageant could have just as easily not allowed her.

Believe it or not I would have no problem with that.

Transgender pageants exist.

I dislike people insulting the winner.

She was allowed to enter, she won -- the  thing decent people do is to congratulate her as any other winner.

HE happened to win, HE was allowed to enter, they let HIM win. Disgraceful slap in the face to real women. HE does not deserve any congratulations, HE ought to be ashamed of HIMSELF.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, proton said:

HE happened to win, HE was allowed to enter, they let HIM win. Disgraceful slap in the face to real women. HE does not deserve any congratulations, HE ought to be ashamed of HIMSELF.

The rules allow them to enter, if the rules allow it why should they exclude themselves, there's no need for them to be ashamed if they compete & happen to win? Surely its the officials who make the rules that should make it exclusive to women only. Transgender contestants have been able to compete for the crown since 2012. 

From the OP link: "Thai businesswoman and advocate Anne Jakrajutatip, who bought the Miss Universe organisation in October 2022, also identifies as transgender."

Personally I would prefer if she made a separate pageant for transgenders only.

17 minutes ago, proton said:

Did you watch this pageant? I assume not. So you don't know the full picture of the performance of the winner.

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The rules allow them to enter, if the rules allow it why should they exclude themselves, there's no need for them to be ashamed if they compete & happen to win? Surely its the officials who make the rules that should make it exclusive to women only. Transgender contestants have been able to compete for the crown since 2012. 

From the OP link: "Thai businesswoman and advocate Anne Jakrajutatip, who bought the Miss Universe organisation in October 2022, also identifies as transgender."

Personally I would prefer if she made a separate pageant for transgenders only.

Indeed, certainly no shortage.  

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you think they are only judged on beauty? 

No, but it is, per the OP, a beauty pageant. I don't doubt they also judge on wokeness and whatnot. 

Look at this photo. This is not IMO a beautiful trans woman. 

Hahahaha.jpg.61fa836a83f2da6923649810ef7de1ef.jpg

• Like 1