Transgender woman is crowned Miss Netherlands for the first time in the beauty pageant's history and will now compete for the Miss Universe crown

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, but it is, per the OP, a beauty pageant. I don't doubt they also judge on wokeness and whatnot. 

Look at this photo. This is not IMO a beautiful trans woman. 

Hahahaha.jpg.61fa836a83f2da6923649810ef7de1ef.jpg

You didn't watch it.

You don't know.

But that doesn't stop you from posting prejudiced garbage.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Did you watch this pageant? I assume not. So you don't know the full picture of the performance of the winner.

Saw it, utter woke farce, competition for women so why let a biological MAN enter?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The rules allow them to enter, if the rules allow it why should they exclude themselves, there's no need for them to be ashamed if they compete & happen to win? Surely its the officials who make the rules that should make it exclusive to women only. Transgender contestants have been able to compete for the crown since 2012. 

From the OP link: "Thai businesswoman and advocate Anne Jakrajutatip, who bought the Miss Universe organisation in October 2022, also identifies as transgender."

Personally I would prefer if she made a separate pageant for transgenders only.

How can the rules let MEN enter a contest for WOMEN?

• Like 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Personally, I think anyone that's had plastic surgery or hormones or whatnot should be disqualified from any such pageants, for men or women. 

Then start your own pageant.

Your rule would eliminate a lot of contestants especially Venezuelans.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They allow transgender women. They don't allow cisgender men. It's up to the pageant to make the rules. Not you.

Cisgender is an offensive term, they allow MEN to enter a WOMANS contest rendering is no more than a farce, why not allow monkeys to enter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If she hadn't placed, then nothing.

Stop making up inflammatory stuff.

Give over. You just KNOW that those excitable sort that overuse the term "trans hater" would be all over this one like rash, calling for a Stewards Inquiry because they think their horse was nobbled.

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Give over. You just KNOW that those excitable sort that overuse the term "trans hater" would be all over this one like rash, calling for a Stewards Inquiry because they think their horse was nobbled.

BS

• Thumbs Up 1

This topic has been going back and forth with infighting and it's gotten old. Like many here have said, this person was allowed to enter a contest for Miss Netherlands. Miss means miss, female. It doesn't mean a man who has changed in any way, either physical or mental. Yes, the contest allows trans women to enter, and this is the mistake a lot are arguing over. And it makes sense. Trans should have their own contest, because a lot of them go through a hell of a lot of trouble and work to become what they are. It's their choice, and no one can argue this. No matter how good looking some trans get, and a lot of them fool us very well, they still should not be allowed to enter a contest of females, because they aren't females, and like I had mentioned awhile back, it makes the "losers" feel pretty bad, because they lost to what is in reality a man, no matter how pretty she (he) may be. Everyone has opinions because everyone likes their own types when it comes to attraction, so some might think she was pretty. She looks mannish to me, although some women have that look, so this should have excluded her from the winners circle. I haven't seen the other women  besides the runner up, and she is definitely prettier and more feminine looking. Yes, the contest isn't all about looks, as we can all see in the choices of other contests throughout the years, but still, this is looks first, and if you have a few that are very attractive and you have to choose then, you go by appearance, style, grace, intelligence and vision. It's okay to stick up for a trans person,as that is their life choice. I have gays in my family, and although I don't agree with their choice, I would never look down on them. We are not to judge others about their choices unless it hurts someone else. Bringing children into this discussion is way off base. There are many sick people in the world who allow things to happen to their children, and they should be punished, but this isn't about that. Thailand has a trans woman who's rich that supports this, and money talks, even though it shouldn't happen. What's become "normal" in the last few decades isn't. but that's the new way of thinking, and if you come from the US as I do, you understand freedom and what happens because of it. Some good, and some bad.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, but it is, per the OP, a beauty pageant. I don't doubt they also judge on wokeness and whatnot. 

Look at this photo. This is not IMO a beautiful trans woman. 

Hahahaha.jpg.61fa836a83f2da6923649810ef7de1ef.jpg

Look at this photo. This is IMO a beautiful trans woman.

Screenshot_20230714_133920_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Look at this photo. This is IMO a beautiful trans woman.

Screenshot_20230714_133920_Chrome.jpg

Biological MALE dressed up as a women, a fake/copy/pretend woman no mater how much surgery, make up and fantasy you want to apply, still a MAN. Letting this MAN enter a competition for WOMEN does not change HIS chromosomes. 

Edited by proton
  • Like 1