‘Decency and dignity’: Multiple carefully crafted Biden narratives fall apart as 2024 race heats up

Social Media

34 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I'm not an American citizen so I'm neither a Democrat or a Republican, but I do favour the Democrats because the other bunch seem to have a lot of nut jobs in their midst.

And I include the recently ousted POTUS in amongst my definition above. However although I believe that Biden is doing a very good job in the US, I do believe it's time for him to realise that is probably too old for the job, and the sight of him traipsing round the Royal Guard with King Charles, looking a bit like an old man who was lost, did him no favours in my opinion.

In addition, I've always been in favour of "prompt cards" for people who are presenting to the media or other audiences, as I have used them myself when doing exactly that, but to see that Joe had those in his hands when talking to King Charles, ostensibly as a prompt to know where he was and what to say/ask, was disheartening to say the least.

I don't know what kind of POTUS Kamala Harris would make, but the Democrats should be willing to give her a chance, after all that's what she's there for.

Not complicated situation. Biden will win against Trump. After that we have no more threat from Trump. Why risk putting someone else in the election process when after this Trump loss America will chose wisely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Not complicated situation. Biden will win against Trump. After that we have no more threat from Trump. Why risk putting someone else in the election process when after this Trump loss America will chose wisely.

Because it is anti Democratic to put a candidate forward that is unable or does not intend to fulfill the role of POTUS for the full term if elected.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Wow. We at aseannow should feel flattered to have as a member a diagnostician who can also read minds.

No mind reading is required if you can read English.

I was replying to the post below.

image.png.16c9911303e604365fb6b90f45410a65.png

...meaning put Biden in to beat Trump and then appoint someone who can actually do the job. Undemocratic for the reasons I stated.

Hope that made it easier for you to keep up.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

...meaning put Biden in to beat Trump and then appoint someone who can actually do the job. Undemocratic for the reasons I stated.

So you're claiming you know for a fact that Biden won't be able to complete his term and there's a plan to replace him with someone else? Do you have a crystal ball and some sort of spy surveillance device that allows you to listen in on the machinations of certain unnamed parties who are in control of Joe Biden? Or are you just reading the minds of these sinister characters?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

"and then appoint" 

Where are you reading this part? LOL Your just making stuff up again!

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ummm, No. I was stating that EarlinCalifornia's suggestion is undemocratic.

Come on, it really isn't that complicated. ????

Where exactly did Earlincalifornia claim that the plan was for Biden to run for a second term and then resign from the Presidency. Here is earlincalifornia's comment in full:

"Not complicated situation. Biden will win against Trump. After that we have no more threat from Trump. Why risk putting someone else in the election process when after this Trump loss America will chose wisely."

All earlincalifornia claimed was that Biden would be a strong opponent aganst Trump. The rest is just your imagination. It's like that old saying, ask a hungry man how much is 1 +1 and he'll answer 2 loaves of bread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Where exactly did Earlincalifornia claim that the plan was for Biden to run for a second term and then resign from the Presidency. Here is earlincalifornia's comment in full:

"Not complicated situation. Biden will win against Trump. After that we have no more threat from Trump. Why risk putting someone else in the election process when after this Trump loss America will chose wisely."

All earlincalifornia claimed was that Biden would be a strong opponent aganst Trump. The rest is just your imagination. It's like that old saying, ask a hungry man how much is 1 +1 and he'll answer 2 loaves of bread. 

He didn't claim there was a plan do so.

Neither did I. 

Next strawman please. Chop chop.

• Thumbs Up 1