‘Decency and dignity’: Multiple carefully crafted Biden narratives fall apart as 2024 race heats up

Social Media

12 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Both Biden and Trump too old for the Presidency.  Can’t we have better candidates?

Barring an act of god we are stuck with both of them. I'm getting bored with Republicans canning Biden while never saying what they like about Trump's policies or achievements.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

He didn't claim there was a plan do so.

Neither did I. 

Next strawman please. Chop chop.

Even if your argument made sense that it is undemocratic to run again because he won't complete his term and Harris will replace him, you know this how?

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

As soon as I see that NOT-news tag, I stop reading, including the comments. The same sh!t from the same people. We've lost the ability for cogent debate, it merely devolves into a mud-slinging contest from both sides.

aaaaaaand every comment since yours hahaha 

Well, according to the New York Times, fully 64% of DEMOCRATS don't want Biden to run.

His job approval is 33%.

Only 13% of those polled think America is on "the right track".

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/us/politics/biden-approval-polling-2024.html 

These numbers would normally be a death sentence for a politician seeking re-election, or even the nomination from his party. Yet the folks in charge of the Democratic Party ignore them, probably fearful that if Joe goes, they are left with the even worse Kamala problem. 

Never mind that there is nothing decent or dignified in a man pretending his grand-daughter doesn't exist.  Such an elitist move. If Hunter had impregnated a more 'respectable' woman (congressional staffer, etc) I don't think that Joe would be so classless.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, according to the New York Times, fully 64% of DEMOCRATS don't want Biden to run.

His job approval is 33%.

Only 13% of those polled think America is on "the right track".

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/us/politics/biden-approval-polling-2024.html 

These numbers would normally be a death sentence for a politician seeking re-election, or even the nomination from his party. Yet the folks in charge of the Democratic Party ignore them, probably fearful that if Joe goes, they are left with the even worse Kamala problem. 

Never mind that there is nothing decent or dignified in a man pretending his grand-daughter doesn't exist.  Such an elitist move. If Hunter had impregnated a more 'respectable' woman (congressional staffer, etc) I don't think that Joe would be so classless.

Apart from any other consideration, elections aren't only about who voters are for, but also about who they';re against. The likely GOP nominee is a distinctly unappetizing prospect.

8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't see old joe lasting much longer as pres. And positively can't see him being the dem candidate. His trip to the UK was pretty funny as King Charles tried to navigate joe around and make his stop talking to the guards. He's good for a laugh.

Strange sense of humor you seem to have but its a contrast to the Palace take.

A Buckingham Palace source relayed to People that Charles was “entirely comfortable” with Biden’s decorum.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/11/palace-breaks-silence-on-bidens-protocol-breach-with-king-charles/

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Strange sense of humor you seem to have but its a contrast to the Palace take.

A Buckingham Palace source relayed to People that Charles was “entirely comfortable” with Biden’s decorum.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/11/palace-breaks-silence-on-bidens-protocol-breach-with-king-charles/

Reminds me of Mr Bean, love that guy.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Apart from any other consideration, elections aren't only about who voters are for, but also about who they';re against. The likely GOP nominee is a distinctly unappetizing prospect.

Very true.  That is why I am hoping for a sea change in the GOP voters. Enough flirting with danger, time to pick a candidate who can beat Biden. Which is really anybody....except one. It's a long time till the Iowa caucuses.

An unsupported Social Media video and replies have been removed. 

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source. In some circumstances a moderator may relax this rule and this will be determined on a case by case basis. If this rule is relaxed a moderator will post a public notice explaining the limit and scope of the relaxation.

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Very true.  That is why I am hoping for a sea change in the GOP voters. Enough flirting with danger, time to pick a candidate who can beat Biden. Which is really anybody....except one. It's a long time till the Iowa caucuses.

You sound like a person who has a ton of wild optimism by believing this Trump nightmare may end.

More accurately this is called the GOP reality that you need to live with. Time will not save you.

Edited by earlinclaifornia

24 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I did!! I Used small words and tried to talk slow ????

And now they have received another blow inflation is down to 3% in June it was at 9.1 % this time last year oh well guess haters gotta hate! Now that’s results! Yes Joe is elderly yes we wish he was younger but that team under his guidance has reaped rewards for America and the world order!good rewards!joe Biden you sir are one magnificent old duffer love ya even if ya are a grump!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

And now they have received another blow inflation is down to 3% in June it was at 9.1 % this time last year oh well guess haters gotta hate! Now that’s results! Yes Joe is elderly yes we wish he was younger but that team under his guidance has reaped rewards for America and the world order!good rewards!joe Biden you sir are one magnificent old duffer love ya even if ya are a grump!

Not sure I am happy inflation is down, :tongue: I have a significant amount invested in treasuries that will be maturing in a few months . Because inflation in the US was higher I bought at 4.7% annual yield, (the yield is pegged on inflation) But if I want to roll it over I will have to do at a lower yield rate. Or look at a different low risk investment vehicle . Also My social security COLA (cost of living adjustment) is going to be a lot lower this year than last.  Perhaps Joe should stop doing as good as he is with the economy, at least Until I roll my investments over. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Yeah, pretty good. Just a bit more and he can get it down to the 1.8% it was in 2019 when.........whatshisname.... was President.

• Love It 1

18 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, pretty good. Just a bit more and he can get it down to the 1.8% it was in 2019 when.........whatshisname.... was President.

You must be referring to our Donald pre pandemic .the guy who blew up the national debt 25% mismanaged a pandemic that killed 1.1 million Americans shived our allies in the guts sucked up to dictator’s enabled putin into thinking he could get away with exterminating Ukraine humm?yea that’s the guy so yup he’s making remarkable progress repairing the damage created by Trump unfortunately that’s the truth about the trump debacle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

You must be referring to our Donald pre pandemic .the guy who blew up the national debt 25% mismanaged a pandemic that killed 1.1 million Americans shived our allies in the guts sucked up to dictator’s enabled putin into thinking he could get away with exterminating Ukraine humm?yea that’s the guy so yup he’s making remarkable progress repairing the damage created by Trump unfortunately that’s the truth about the trump debacle 

Yes, pre pandemic. Three years of sub 3% inflation. I wasnt a fan either of how he handled Covid, too much spending and not enough freedom. Biden stupidly followed along, overspending and overcontrolling. Lockdowns and mandates were abhorrent in a free society.

As for our allies, he merely asked them to live up to their commitments in terms of 2% defence spending. NATO countries should be shamed about it. As I recall, Trump ALSO warned Europe in general (and Germany in particular) about becoming too dependent on Russian oil/gas. And was laughed at.

AH, Ukraine, invaded first under a Democratic president and again under another Democratic president.  I would have thought that, since Putin is Trump*s master, it would have been logical to invade Ukraine during the Trump presidency. But somehow he waited until Trump was out of office. Wonder why...

And all of that matters little when the majority of the American public think that Biden should not run again, and that he is putting the country on the wrong track.

• Haha 2