‘Decency and dignity’: Multiple carefully crafted Biden narratives fall apart as 2024 race heats up

Social Media

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, pre pandemic. Three years of sub 3% inflation. I wasnt a fan either of how he handled Covid, too much spending and not enough freedom. Biden stupidly followed along, overspending and overcontrolling. Lockdowns and mandates were abhorrent in a free society.

As for our allies, he merely asked them to live up to their commitments in terms of 2% defence spending. NATO countries should be shamed about it. As I recall, Trump ALSO warned Europe in general (and Germany in particular) about becoming too dependent on Russian oil/gas. And was laughed at.

AH, Ukraine, invaded first under a Democratic president and again under another Democratic president.  I would have thought that, since Putin is Trump*s master, it would have been logical to invade Ukraine during the Trump presidency. But somehow he waited until Trump was out of office. Wonder why...

And all of that matters little when the majority of the American public think that Biden should not run again, and that he is putting the country on the wrong track.

Awww   have a snickers you will feel better !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

You are seriously crediting Donald Trump or his adminstration with the low inflation rate? Ever hear of the logical fallacy post hoc ergo propter hoc?  After this therefore because of this? Actually, the inflation rate under Obama was lower.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi

In fact the inflation rate of the EU was lower than America's during the time of the Trump administration

https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/inflation-cpi

The post covid inflation problem was one that affected most of the industrialized world, Japan has staved it off for a while because it hugely subsidizes consumer goods. But even there it climbed about 5 percentage points at its peak.

https://tradingeconomics.com/japan/inflation-cpi

What you're indulging in is the same kind of selective amnesia. that right wingers engaged in against the Obama administration. He inherited an economy in the worst shape it had been since the Great Depression. Biden inherited an economy that was badly disrupted by supply chain issues that led to inflation and a war that compounded the problem.

Anyway, the good news, and I'm sure you'll be delighted by this, is that the latest inflation figure for the US is now 3%. Down from 9%. Japan's inflation figures for June aren't in yet, but it's possible that the USA will have the lowest June inflation figures out of all the G7 nations.  And the trends look good to keep it going down. 

Actually, Germany and other nations weren't in violation of their commitments. And by the way, Trump was very late to the party when it comes to warning about overdependence on Russian gas. Obama and Biden beat him to it by years.

And you repeat the nonsense about Putin waiting for Trump to be out of office. What in Trump's conduct would lead Putin to fear him? As you clearly don't recall, Congress had to threaten Trump with legal action to force him to release military aid to the Ukrainians. Not everything that happens in the world has to do with America.

And the polls didn't say that Americans thought Biden was putting the country on the wrong track. They thought that the country was on the wrong track. That said, inflation is rapidly declining and unemployment is very low.   Let's see what the public thinks a year from now if present trends continue.

Of course, he knows that, but will post the same lame arguments over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

I don't know what kind of POTUS Kamala Harris would make, but the Democrats should be willing to give her a chance, after all that's what she's there for.

Here ya go... veepthoughts.com 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/12/2023 at 7:55 AM, Social Media said:

File:Joe Biden (49404606773).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

After winning 2020 election, Biden said it was 'time to put away the harsh rhetoric,' 'lower the temperature'

Candidate Joe Biden in 2020 sold himself to the fatigued American public as an empathetic, ice-cream-loving grandpa who was going to usher decency and expertise into the White House. But those carefully crafted narratives that helped propel him to the Oval Office are crumbling as the country barrels toward the 2024 election in a time of economic and global instability.

On the 2020 campaign trail, Biden and the media consistently billed him as the candidate to unify the country after four years under former President Donald Trump, who critics blasted as "divisive." After his election win, Biden declared in a speech that it is "time to put away the harsh rhetoric, lower the temperature, see each other again, listen to each other again."

Biden took it one step further after he took office, threatening to fire anyone who didn’t share his views on decency and respect, telling nearly a thousand federal appointees and staff, "I'm not joking when I say this: If you're ever working with me and I hear you treat another with disrespect, talk down to someone, I promise you I will fire you on the spot."

But Biden’s inconsistency between his actions and his words are coming more to the forefront ahead of what is expected to be an explosive 2024 presidential election.

FULL STORY

image.png

Interesting that you quote a 'news' source that has paid an out of court settlement to Majed Khalil, developer of Smartmatic software, paid 12M USD to a Fox Producer, 787M USD to Dominion voting machines and is subject to a lawsuit of 2.7B USD from Smartmatic.  All for telling lies?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why risk angering the candidate whose candidacy Putin supported?

Putin: I wanted Trump to win the election

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday he wanted President Donald Trump to win the 2016 election because he believed Trump’s policies would be more friendly to the Kremlin.

“Yes, I did. Yes, I did..."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/putin-trump-win-election-2016-722486

Totally agree, but note that I said, 'use what they found for leverage and control.'

It is hard to fully understand the continued unwavering support of some legislators for 45 without considering the possibility of outside influence on their desperate measures to cover for him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

So you're claiming you know for a fact that Biden won't be able to complete his term and there's a plan to replace him with someone else? Do you have a crystal ball and some sort of spy surveillance device that allows you to listen in on the machinations of certain unnamed parties who are in control of Joe Biden? Or are you just reading the minds of these sinister characters?

No crystal ball needed, just a pair of focused eyes and at least one good ear to see and hear joe's declining state of health. If for whatever reason the dems want to prop up joe for 2024, which I really can't see happening then the VP running mate won't be harris, no way. The chances of joe lasting a second term are iffy so of course his VP choice means more than ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

No crystal ball needed, just a pair of focused eyes and at least one good ear to see and hear joe's declining state of health. If for whatever reason the dems want to prop up joe for 2024, which I really can't see happening then the VP running mate won't be harris, no way. The chances of joe lasting a second term are iffy so of course his VP choice means more than ever.

I can help you understand the reason! He beat Trump last time and will again!

Independents will decide the 2024 election with certainty in those swing states.

14 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Who is the right wing editor of this publication who keeps publishing this BS from Faux News? We know it's all right wing opinion hit jobs.

This is really getting old guys.

See, I didn't swear this time. At least I didn't write any of my swear words down...

Kind of takes the wind out of the sail as we are use to avoiding bias hit-jobs.

The responses at Fox News web site with this story are really wild and crazy. 

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

Totally agree, but note that I said, 'use what they found for leverage and control.'

It is hard to fully understand the continued unwavering support of some legislators for 45 without considering the possibility of outside influence on their desperate measures to cover for him.

I think there is sufficient, obvious, and unworthy motivation to explain their actions without resorting to speculation.

51 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

In the unlikely event it turns out that you're not a gerontologist, I'd say your forecast is based on  your political beliefs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I can help you understand the reason! He beat Trump last time and will again!

Independents will decide the 2024 election with certainty in those swing states.

Now throw Manchin in on a third ticket and see what happens. 

21 hours ago, Tug said:

The problem at Fox in my opinion is that they aren’t really a news organization more of an entertainment company they have to feed their target audience this bs to keep them tuned in unfortunately it’s also damaging to our country 

You can make the same comment about CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, CBS, The View, Morning Joe, etc.  You need an open mind to see the media bias that—as you say, “it’s also damaging to our country.”

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

You can make the same comment about CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, CBS, The View, Morning Joe, etc.  You need an open mind to see the media bias that—as you say, “it’s also damaging to our country.”

Are you seriously attempting to compare Fox News, known for spreading conspiracy theories with Washington Post, CBS etc.....lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Who is the right wing editor of this publication who keeps publishing this BS from Faux News? We know it's all right wing opinion hit jobs.

This is really getting old guys.

See, I didn't swear this time. At least I didn't write any of my swear words down...

Haven't you noticed? Almost anything critical of faux news is deleted within a few hours. I'm amazed your post is still here. I expect this one will be gone soon. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are you seriously attempting to compare Fox News, known for spreading conspiracy theories with Washington Post, CBS etc.....lol

Absolutely.  Do you recall the Hunter Biden laptop pronouncement as “Russian disinformation”.  You see, hear and read only what fits your narrative, apparently.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Absolutely.  Do you recall the Hunter Biden laptop pronouncement as “Russian disinformation”.  You see, hear and read only what fits your narrative, apparently.

What makes you think I read what fits my narrative only?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news-bias/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-post/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cbs-news/

• Thanks 1