‘Decency and dignity’: Multiple carefully crafted Biden narratives fall apart as 2024 race heats up

Social Media

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

You must be really desperate for evidence to cite this brief stumble. A stumble he acknowledged and made a joke about. Immediate awareness of an error is evidence of dementia? You've got nothing.

Only the latest, my friend, only the latest. How many "brief stumbles" and "gaffes" does it take to add up to a problem? 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Only the latest, my friend, only the latest. How many "brief stumbles" and "gaffes" does it take to add up to a problem? 

The latest what? It was nothing. Make that less than nothing. Someone makes an error and catches themselves immediately is proof of situational awareness.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

If he ever actually had a comprehensive set of skills, I think that, over the years, most of the kit got lost, sold or stolen. Now it looks like a few damaged spanners are all that's left.

Yeah Whatever. He is the most powerful person in the world and truthfully you can dislike him as much as you want and nobody really cares.

On 7/12/2023 at 1:52 AM, placeholder said:

So you're claiming you know for a fact that Biden won't be able to complete his term and there's a plan to replace him with someone else? Do you have a crystal ball and some sort of spy surveillance device that allows you to listen in on the machinations of certain unnamed parties who are in control of Joe Biden? Or are you just reading the minds of these sinister characters?

Or does he just repeat what his television friends say?

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:46 AM, earlinclaifornia said:

We could if the two both dropped out.

There is the possibility DT may scratch, for whatever reason, before the GOP convention, and they have an open convention, meaning they go into it with no idea of what will come out.  And this is why all these hopefuls are coming up.  Just my idea.

Another heinous something to consider is Mike Flynn, he's been traveling the country with this (ahem) grass-roots guns, god & gov't campaign, with "digital warriors" (he trademarked the term),  The person in Congress who speaks loudest on this initiative is Boebert.  I think Flynn will turn up his monkey business when it's time for the general election.

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On past performance of others, over 30,000 seems not to be the enough, even when they are blatant and deliberate.

Joe had a long and storied career of lying as a Senator and in his previous Presidential runs. Lately he is turning more to brain freezes and the like. I dont think he is capable of the sort of mistruths that he uttered in the past.  He is just getting......slow.  And unsteady, both physically and mentally.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Joe had a long and storied career of lying as a Senator and in his previous Presidential runs. Lately he is turning more to brain freezes and the like. I dont think he is capable of the sort of mistruths that he uttered in the past.  He is just getting......slow.  And unsteady, both physically and mentally.

Then there is this.

Biden campaign, DNC announce they raised $72 million in Q2 (yahoo.com)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Clearly he does not. Which you would know if you actually watched an interview.

I was commenting on the guy you were confronting with your reply, not POTUS.

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Joe was never decent. He was a mediocre Senator and invisible as vice president. He has a notable list of nasty behavior going back decades.

1. He lied about the man who was in the tragic accident that killed his first wife and daughter, calling him a drunk

2. He lied about his academic pedigree when he first ran for president.

3. He lies about his son's death.

4. He lied about his upbringing.

5. He is a plagiarist, which ultimately derailed his first presidential campaign.

6. He lies about his grand-daughter Navy.

7. He lied about his son's business activities and what he knew of them.

8. He, like Trump, dodged the draft and avoided service in VietNam.

9. He is infamous for his inappropriate touching around women and girls. 

Tell me again about his decency and dignity.

A list of 9, that may or may not be true.

Is that it?

Despite your best efforts you failed to address my post you have ‘responded to’.

But then perhaps that was your point.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

What the rightwing fail to recognize is there is no cult of Biden.

The defense of Biden is Biden’s achievements as POTUS.

The faux rightwing outrage and blatant ‘accusation confessions’ are not going corral liberals into a ‘Biden only’ mindset.

Liberals will vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is.

I suggest my rightwing friends stop ranting at the guy who beat their boy and focus on finding a new candidate of their own.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The question was not "how do you get your news?"  My question was "what is your go to news source?"  Many sources have multiple devices to deliver their message... 

And my answer was "reading".  If that isn't clear enough, it means print media.  I don't get news by watching television, listening to radio or viewing YouTube. 

How do you get your news?  Since you asked the question about news sources, you should initiate the discussion by describing yours.  Who are these trustworthy "sources" with multiple devices?

Just now, heybruce said:

And my answer was "reading".  If that isn't clear enough, it means print media.  I don't get news by watching television, listening to radio or viewing YouTube. 

How do you get your news?  Since you asked the question about news sources, you should initiate the discussion by describing yours.  Who are these trustworthy "sources" with multiple devices?

Same, I haven't even turned my TV on for a couple of weeks. I read news articles. Less mind pollution.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Perhaps because the topic of this discussion is not policy? Plenty of places to talk about that I am sure. No, the topc is Joe Biden and his attempt to portray himself as decent, dignified, honest, and the like.  All of which have never been true- please see the list I wrote and tell me if anything was inaccurate. ALL were indicators that he is not of high and moral character whatsoever. 

Would not be a problem if, IF, Biden didn't spend so much time trying to burnish his personal brand. But he does, so he gets called on it. 

That's 9 lies, got 29,991 more?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1