Pita complains of unfair treatment by the Election Commission

webfact

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I truely hope this action exposes & brings down the EC - Power to the people instead of the Generals .............!!!

the true character of the old guys in EC shows they are lousy losers! what did I expecr from this bunch? 

here I learned a long time ago that if you give respect to others that you will receive respect as well... these fossils don't have any respect...

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, rwill said:

If they do then you will see who really runs Thailand.  It isn't the common folk.

If the whole country sat down for a day and refused to work... watch what the powers to be would do... then say install Prita as PM or the same will happen every day.

What are the police and army going to do with 70 million people?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, neeray said:

That still sounds corrupt to me. Doesn't have to necessarily involve baht.

you mean morally corrupt...yes maybe.....but I think there are also lot of people who think they rescue the country from something bad.

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Most yellow shirts are old 'aunties' and will attend any protest for 300 baht in the name of him who cannot be mentioned, yet.

the 300 Baht were the red protests...the yellow protests the aunties payed in......at least the staff in our company did not receive money but donated....and they for sure would happily take whatever they can get

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They are very obviously doing the bidding of the army, and the elite, and not supporting election results. If that is not corruption, I do not know what is. Also, the timing of this latest stunt smells like very spoiled fish.

I agree on the timing.....
But they can be true believer in doing the right thing

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

I think the EC commissioners will soon be out of work, and looking at being charged, hopefully imprisoned  sending a very strong message to all other government departments. 

Yes it would send the message to bureaucrats that Stalin is born again.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, h90 said:

the 300 Baht were the red protests...the yellow protests the aunties payed in......at least the staff in our company did not receive money but donated....and they for sure would happily take whatever they can get

Just a month or so ago witness's saw them arrive in buses and erect their tents, that's where their money went.

Just now, brianthainess said:

Just a month or so ago witness's saw them arrive in buses and erect their tents, that's where their money went.

which you saw? The red or the yellows?

I guess both spend a lot of money on infrastructure....Yellow I think Santi Asoke supplied the food and cooking, but it still must cost a lot.

And bands and entertainment in the evening must cost something. Can't be cheap

1 minute ago, Cabradelmar said:

Sadly, this man will never be prime minister. He was out flanked and outwitted by the generals. He's carelessness with his iTV shares was always going to bring him down (when the power structure so decided they needed to bring him down). He does the country no good by not being seated. And here we are. He should have been better prepared (divesting of iTV) and should have let his les majesty position rest until after his confirmation (then start the good fight). The only hope of not having 4 more years of military rule is if he throws all his MPs and support behind the Pheu Thai candidate for PM. Hopefully she will then disband the 250 seat appointed Senate chamber - because until they are gone democracy can never truely take hold and the people's vote will never be respected. 

not only careless about the iTV...also careless on what he is speaking....

My theory is that PTP will get PM....but I heard many theories from Prayuth stays to Prawit to Anutin.

I can only recommend to have a look at prime ministers of Thailand on wikipedia...that is an amazing amount of people who were very short times....the same thing as now must have happened similar many times in the past

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, h90 said:

If you replace the Generals with Oligarchs it is still not power to the people...

Maybe a bit step in the right direct but really doesn't matter what kind of leeches suck the blood out of the working people

The oligarchs mostly don't carry a gun (metaphorically speaking).

18 minutes ago, h90 said:

I agree on the timing.....
But they can be true believer in doing the right thing

Being a true believer is not in itself a virtue.

Usofa is full of nutcases, all of them true believers in something or other that a reasonable human being would find ridiculous or appalling.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“There is no way for me to benefit from a media entity which ceased operations about 17 years ago,” said Pita, as he pointed out the commission’s submission of his case to the Charter Court after considering it for about 32 days,

He should know better than assuming that logic and reason will prevail. Sadly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The oligarchs mostly don't carry a gun (metaphorically speaking).

yes...I said it is an improvement but not as big as many believe. Your money is stohlen the same

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Being a true believer is not in itself a virtue.

Usofa is full of nutcases, all of them true believers in something or other that a reasonable human being would find ridiculous or appalling.

no it is not a virtue, but it is more honest than being corrupt

It's high time that these Generals be removed there are some 360 of them in charge of Thailand so which one do you listen too if this country ever went to war this compared to the United States which has only 87 including Admirals. 

• Like 1

did he really expect the squatocracy to go without throwing every roadblock they could?
the squatocracy fear him worse than a dose...their way of life is about to change and change is the one thing they fear

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Homburg said:

Those who really run Thailand are disappointed with the election result and will do whatever it takes to evade the will of the electorate. They are currently using non-violent methods to achieve this but, as in the past, will not hesitate to use force to achieve their objective.  Let us all hope nevertheless that this remains peaceful.

I also hope that it stays peaceful, but I don't think, with this clear election result, that the majority of Thais will swallow silently this toad - this flimsy discrediting of a prospective PM - again, without a fight.