Close call: Young boys narrowly escape watery fate in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket witnessed a distressing incident on Soi Naya, Nai Harn, in which two young boys narrowly escaped death by drowning. The incident, which occurred yesterday, resulted in the rushed transfer of the children to Chalong Hospital for immediate medical attention.

The call for assistance reached local rescue units at around 4.32pm. Verifying the distressful event was Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos, who reported that rescue teams were at the scene at 4.38pm. The rescue spot was identified as the zone near Nai Harn Baan-Bua Development, situated north of Nai Harn Lake.

A crowd of anxious watchers, horrified at the sight of the lifeless young boys, aged between four and five years old, had already gathered around the children. They were unconscious and exhibited clear signs of struggle with their breathing. The on-the-spot reaction of the rescue workers saw them providing oxygen to the unconscious children and immediately contacting the 1669 emergency hotline for reinforcements, reported The Phuket News.

by Mitch Connor

Picture courtesy of Rawai Municipality

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/two-young-boys-narrow-escape-from-drowning-calls-for-better-safety-measures

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

And not one of them knew CPR ? 

Thats a joke right? Of course they dont, thats maybe only for very few in big cities. To even be able and do it you need a yearly fresh up course too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A crowd of anxious watchers, horrified at the sight of the lifeless young boys, aged between four and five years old, had already gathered around the children.

And the parents were ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yeah, CPR is just a easy as clicking "Record".

After training it is an auto response, I learnt it, used and have never forgotten...

And I'm not even a Tik-Tokker.

• Like 1

I'm not a medic, but if they were breathing, their hearts were pumping? Was CPR necessary? Surely trying to clear their lungs would have been the way to go. I saw a Thai man throw an almost drowned man over his shoulder and jumped up and down. A stream of water was regurgitated and the person began to breath. I hope the boys recover completely. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How shocking that folks are not taught CPR as a school first aid activity. All taxi drivers, bus drivers etc need to be well-versed in CPR and annually refresher trained.

I know a certain falang who lives near Nai Thon who has saved 6 people from drowning on a few of the beaches of Phuket in the last year. No press for him.

30 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

How shocking that folks are not taught CPR as a school first aid activity. All taxi drivers, bus drivers etc need to be well-versed in CPR and annually refresher trained.

I know a certain falang who lives near Nai Thon who has saved 6 people from drowning on a few of the beaches of Phuket in the last year. No press for him.

You can not pass a driving test in OZ without knowing 

DR-ABC      D=danger to yourself

R= response 

A= check Airways

B= breathing

C= CPR. 

Sadly Here its all about litigation