Schools/learning English

willieboy63

Hi everybody.I have found the place to be! I am looking for some advice.I recently returned to the U.k and was keen for my girl friend who is 40 kms from Korat to learn English.When i spoke to her today she had been quoted 14,000 b for 20 hours with ferang teacher and 11,500 b for 20 hours with Thai/asian teacher.That is one to one but was still way higher than i expected.Is that a lot?Does anyone have any other places or people they could advise?Or is that really about the going rate.my first thought was that im in the wrong business and i should become a teacher.I am keen for her to stay in her home province if possible.Any help would be great.Thanks

Hi everybody.I have found the place to be! I am looking for some advice.I recently returned to the U.k and was keen for my girl friend who is 40 kms from Korat to learn English.When i spoke to her today she had been quoted 14,000 b for 20 hours with ferang teacher and 11,500 b for 20 hours with Thai/asian teacher.That is one to one but was still way higher than i expected.Is that a lot?Does anyone have any other places or people they could advise?Or is that really about the going rate.my first thought was that im in the wrong business and i should become a teacher.I am keen for her to stay in her home province if possible.Any help would be great.Thanks

The rates seem slightly high to me. At that rate she should be getting 30 hours of 1 on 1 tutoring. Also, if she is a beginner, I recommend she studies with a Thai who is very good with English (I know it's hard to find) because that person should be able to explain things in THAI to her. If you want her to have "perfect" pronunciations...then by all means learn from a farang but to get to "native like" level, she would need to spend years speaking Englsih.

If you can't find anything or need more help, feel free to PM me.

Ski....

P.S. where does your GF live? I also live about 40 KM from Korat.

:o

Hi everybody.I have found the place to be! I am looking for some advice.I

recently returned to the U.k and was keen for my girl friend who is 40 kms from

Korat to learn English.When i spoke to her today she had been quoted 14,000 b

for 20 hours with ferang teacher and 11,500 b for 20 hours with Thai/asian

teacher.That is one to one but was still way higher than i expected.Is that a

lot?Does anyone have any other places or people they could advise?Or is that

really about the going rate.my first thought was that im in the wrong business

and i should become a teacher.I am keen for her to stay in her home province if

possible.Any help would be great.Thanks

Hello there...First of all:I will tell you directly that she is taking money from you in such a bad way...NO AMY farang taking that much money...May be she met some farang who treat her as a sheep and stupid one,but i don't know where she is living and how you came to that point to pay for her English,at all????But i want you know that she is milking you...I don't know about your story how you met her and where but you should know one thing:THAI WOMEN ALL(if they are going to get some farang)are incredibly skilled to get the money from us...They are so big liers and they have a dozen patterns(stories)to make a farng to give money so easy...Including sex,of course...THIS huge lie i never heard before...I am here almost full year and i am everywhere daily and i know social here...Habbits of Thai women(who is run after farang-i don't know about the other,ok?)are realy amazing...Just know that much money NO ANY FARANG can take...We all know common prices for teaching even one to one is not THAT MUCH...Be sure about it and i would like to help you so i am telling you:find a way to check her more so you will see she made a lie to you...HUGE LIE...Unbeliveable what they are ready to do...Don't be weak on her tears also,ok?Crocodil's tears they make so easy...I felt in trouble almost,women tried to get my money in so clever way but my Thai friends told me to don't do as this one asked me to do...After that,as i ever knew they are making tricks(you can find so many stories on net)i NEVER bought any story of Thai woman here...Never...Someone says :There is a lie,incredible lie and statistic"I would change it and say :There is a lie,abnormal lie and THAIS LIE(lie of Thai woman all)...

Before you barry yourself all alive,try to stay out of that woman and if you can not believe to me,please try to check her somehow so you will see what she will do...Don't be surprised if she fly away when she see you will not give a money to her,if she go to other farang fast or stop to contact you...Just save yourself,please...ok mate?

[email protected]

P.S.Now i saw it is around Korat...That says all...again FAMOUSE Isaan women...What a world!

The rates seem slightly high to me. At that rate she should be getting 30 hours of 1 on 1 tutoring. Also, if she is a beginner, I recommend she studies with a Thai who is very good with English (I know it's hard to find) because that person should be able to explain things in THAI to her. If you want her to have "perfect" pronunciations...then by all means learn from a farang but to get to "native like" level, she would need to spend years speaking Englsih.

If you can't find anything or need more help, feel free to PM me.

Ski....

P.S. where does your GF live? I also live about 40 KM from Korat.

Hi Ski.Thanks so much for that.Any help would be great.I have only been to Korat once so im just looking for the best option.We only just started looking so i might pick up more leads,but i feel there are so many people out there who could give advice.And these forums are very helpful.So yes please!!Any advice would be great.My girlfriends place is Kamasakhasang.Had a wonderful time.would love to live there.Fantastic family.I was sad to leave.

Hi everybody.I have found the place to be! I am looking for some advice.I

recently returned to the U.k and was keen for my girl friend who is 40 kms from

Korat to learn English.When i spoke to her today she had been quoted 14,000 b

for 20 hours with ferang teacher and 11,500 b for 20 hours with Thai/asian

teacher.That is one to one but was still way higher than i expected.Is that a

lot?Does anyone have any other places or people they could advise?Or is that

really about the going rate.my first thought was that im in the wrong business

and i should become a teacher.I am keen for her to stay in her home province if

possible.Any help would be great.Thanks

Hello there...First of all:I will tell you directly that she is taking money from you in such a bad way...NO AMY farang taking that much money...May be she met some farang who treat her as a sheep and stupid one,but i don't know where she is living and how you came to that point to pay for her English,at all????But i want you know that she is milking you...I don't know about your story how you met her and where but you should know one thing:THAI WOMEN ALL(if they are going to get some farang)are incredibly skilled to get the money from us...They are so big liers and they have a dozen patterns(stories)to make a farng to give money so easy...Including sex,of course...THIS huge lie i never heard before...I am here almost full year and i am everywhere daily and i know social here...Habbits of Thai women(who is run after farang-i don't know about the other,ok?)are realy amazing...Just know that much money NO ANY FARANG can take...We all know common prices for teaching even one to one is not THAT MUCH...Be sure about it and i would like to help you so i am telling you:find a way to check her more so you will see she made a lie to you...HUGE LIE...Unbeliveable what they are ready to do...Don't be weak on her tears also,ok?Crocodil's tears they make so easy...I felt in trouble almost,women tried to get my money in so clever way but my Thai friends told me to don't do as this one asked me to do...After that,as i ever knew they are making tricks(you can find so many stories on net)i NEVER bought any story of Thai woman here...Never...Someone says :There is a lie,incredible lie and statistic"I would change it and say :There is a lie,abnormal lie and THAIS LIE(lie of Thai woman all)...

Before you barry yourself all alive,try to stay out of that woman and if you can not believe to me,please try to check her somehow so you will see what she will do...Don't be surprised if she fly away when she see you will not give a money to her,if she go to other farang fast or stop to contact you...Just save yourself,please...ok mate?

[email protected]

P.S.Now i saw it is around Korat...That says all...again FAMOUSE Isaan women...What a world!

Hi.Dont quite now where to begin here.I was expecting at least one reply like this.I respect your opinion even though i might not agree with all you say.I think it is important that these forums allow people to say what they feel.Thats how we can learn from each other.Though i must say many people,especially Thai people will be insulted by your words.You obviously have had some bad experiences?Me too.I have been visiting Thailand and the Philippines nearly yearly since 1985.I have had many good,and a few bad things happen to me.But to be honest thats no different from my own country(England),and other places.Most of my friends would say the same.How can you really say that all Thai women are liars?Yes there are bad stories posted here and in other forums but at the same time there are many very happy farang/Thai relationships.I used to hear in the far east that english people were mean.The locals would tell me this.It made me so mad.Had they met the whole population?No of course not.They were condemming a whole race based on meeting a few people.Similar to you.As with any person you become romantically involved with you need some luck that you dont fall in love with the wrong person.We will probably all do it some time in our lives.But in the end we hope we can find happiness.With my present girlfriend there is a chance you could be right.BUT THATS NOT BECAUSE SHE IS ISSAN OR THAI OR ANYTHING ELSE.YOU ONLY HAVE TO LOOK AT DIVORCE IN WESTERN COUNTRIES TO SEE THERE ARE BAD EGGS EVERYWHERE.To be honest in the year we have known each other she has never asked for anything and never given me any reason to doubt her.And what is wrong with me wanting her to speak English?I am learning Thai.So for me to suddenly call her a cheat and a liar (when i have never had any reason to before),because she got one high quote to learn English would be very unfair.Do you see where i am coming from?In 22 years my experience of Thais is of a wonderful race of people who have taught me so much about myself.Their warmness and attitude to sorting out things is amazing.I was chatting with a friend of mine today who asked me what i thought was the big difference between the pilipino and the Thai.I said"In my experience the problem(problema)is a way of lfe for the pilipino.You hear it all the time.The Thais dont usually make problems bigger than they need to be.They feel there is always a solution if you work it out".We seem to have moved away from the topic but i would be interested to see if others here hold these extreme views like you.Have you truthfully not met good Thai people??My friend you have missed out believe me.

stepenwolf1958,

You are a sad, bitter and twisted individual; I honestly feel very sorry for you. Life is too short, try to be happy.

I am here almost full year

THAIS LIE(lie of Thai woman all)...

Why do you stay if you have such hateful feelings towards Thais?

Hello there...First of all:I will tell you directly that she is taking money from you in such a bad way...

Hi.Dont quite now where to begin here.I was expecting at least one reply like this.I respect your opinion.

I suspect a language barrier in this case.

What stepenwolf is talking about, is the Thai version of the Nigerian-419-scam: milking a farang. This is one way of living (beside other ways) in bargirl circles in Pattaya, Phuket etc. Naturally this girls would also milk any customer wherever they find him. But usually they can make contact in the red light districts or in internet chats.

Willieboy talks about Isarn people who are not involved in the red light business.

Both have their point, but one of you talks about oranges, the other about apples.

A question remains, what is it: an apple or an orange?

But the original question of Willieboy was. is 700 Baht for an English lesson by a farang teacher adequate?

Lets go back to this. Here is what I can tell him about this from my own knowledge:

In Khon Kaen, there is Vithes Suksa Bilangual School: the best and most expensive school in Khon Kaen. They have English 'summer' courses. This is 54 lessions for 6000 Baht and includes 10 meals (meal time is not a lesson, by the way). So the price is around 110 Baht/lesson (a lesson is 45 minutes). The teacher is a farang teacher (not just a native speaker: a teacher), there were 5 pupils last spring. The price includes all the facilities of this school, like professional class rooms, books, writing material and so on.

Adding this up: 5 kids pay 110 Baht each makes 550 Baht. 60 minutes lessons instead of 45 minute/lessons makes 733 Baht per hour.

700 Baht for a private farang teacher are not cheap, but reasonable after all. If it is really a teacher, not just a native speaker.

Regards and good luck to both of you.

Thedi

Edited by thedi

To the OP, i am looking at the same thing as you are now. The price you mention is the exact same price i did get with and few others prices. Pay per hour was between 650 and 800 baht when the teacher was a native speaker of english. This is in Khon Kaen though.

In Khon Kaen, there is Vithes Suksa Bilangual School

Do you happen to have an address, phone number or email? Maybe of some other schools too? Any help would be much appreciated :o

In Khon Kaen, there is Vithes Suksa Bilangual School

Do you happen to have an address, phone number or email? Maybe of some other schools too? Any help would be much appreciated :o

http://www.kkvs.ac.th/

It is a school that follows the normal Thai route of education:

3 year of kindergarden

6 years 'pratom' (primary school for about 6-11 year old kids)

6 years 'matajom' (secondary age ˜ 12-17 years old)

The way of teaching is farang style: understand, decide, think youself (in contrast to thai style: learn and repeat after me).

40% of the teachers are from New Zealand, 60% are Thais. All teachers have an education as a teacher. Teaching is bilangual. The price is high (70K/term, dormitory 35K/term, 2 terms a year).

Hope this helps, otherwise PM me.

Thedi

• 2 weeks later...