Ice bath therapy

bignok

17 hours ago, bignok said:

I want to try this to deal with some injuries. Anyone tried this?

I have been taking an ice bath daily for the past few years. I add a 10kg bag of ice to the cold bath: it only brings temperature down to 22 or 23 degrees, but that's still quite a shock when taking the first plunge. It's quite relaxing and sucks out the heat of the day.

I recently had shoulder surgery. The ice bath brings instant relief to aches and pains. So too does a hot bath 40 degrees.

I recommend it. 

Yep it has always worked for me in both injury recovery and preventing lactic acid build-up (in concert with mild movement the day after heavy workouts) e.g swimming or walking or cycling mildly to move the acid out of the muscles.

I use our jacuzzi to create my ice-baths a few days a week after my morning weight workouts.

I have swum in Aussie sea water all year round too at pretty cold winter temps a few early mornings a week (not ice bath levels but blueingly cold) and I swear by the impact on injuries, sore muscles, and how it stimulates the immune system.

I swim in Europe at times when no one does and people stop and watch, quite shocked at seeing me do so lol ????

I still swim a few times a week here in the sea just after dawn, except in monsoon season for safety reasons but sadly it is never chilling or cold as at home.

I very rarely ever get a cold and haven't had seasonal flu for maybe 10 years or more. Which I partially attribute to da cold stuff????????  

It's probably less than what's required, but there's a cold pool at the spa I go to every day. I used it to reduce the swelling over my eye when I face planted the road after tripping over my own feet. It worked! I have a friend who uses it for his shingles also.

53 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It's probably less than what's required, but there's a cold pool at the spa I go to every day. I used it to reduce the swelling over my eye when I face planted the road after tripping over my own feet. It worked! I have a friend who uses it for his shingles also.

Couple in Chiang Mai. Got hot and cold. Looks good.