Online calls for boycott of senators’ businesses top trending overnight

webfact

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

One vocal Senator has vowed to sue each and every person who has posted on Twitter using the hashtag #ธุรกิจสว

Meanwhile, Somchai Sawaengkarn, one of the 250 junta-appointed senators, said several members were gathering evidence to file a defamation lawsuit against netizens for the boycott.

Somchai warned individuals engaging in such behaviour not to take it lightly, as senators have gathered evidence. All past incidents would be investigated and, if found to fall within the scope of defamation, legal action would be taken in all cases, he said.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2023/07/14/senator-warns-of-libel-suit-as-angry-netizens-call-for-boycott-of-their-businesses

i think it's time to invest in tissue and brown envelope companies. 

never let a good crisis go to waste. 

Edited by stoner

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

One vocal Senator has vowed to sue each and every person who has posted on Twitter using the hashtag #ธุรกิจสว

Meanwhile, Somchai Sawaengkarn, one of the 250 junta-appointed senators, said several members were gathering evidence to file a defamation lawsuit against netizens for the boycott.

Somchai warned individuals engaging in such behaviour not to take it lightly, as senators have gathered evidence. All past incidents would be investigated and, if found to fall within the scope of defamation, legal action would be taken in all cases, he said.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2023/07/14/senator-warns-of-libel-suit-as-angry-netizens-call-for-boycott-of-their-businesses

That is very carefully worded, but nevertheless holds a very distinct threat.

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

What are they going to do. Sue 70 percent of the population who voted for him.

• Like 1

Just now, zzaa09 said:

Time has come for a strong and collective people's revolution.

A universal and most extended general strike might be in order......with broad attached guerrilla schemes. 

If that's what it takes - so be it. 

The traditional ruling establishment will not acquiesce to people's wishes, so the people will make the choices for them.

Run the whole cabal out of town - severing ties permanently. 

Succinctly put, bravo...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, koolkarl said:

The baht is very resilient due to the USD swap line in place with the Thai central bank, no doubt.  Also, one cannot buy or sell large amount of baht.  These are other ways the friendly politicians rig the game.  This country is run by a handful of individuals.  Don't think boycotting  some businesses will be very effective at all. Plan B needs to be implemented.

Plan B is ?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

They are members of super corrupt families. They benefit on countless levels. No, the entire family should be shamed. It just might embarrass dad into submission. If the senators are not entirely shameless. They just might be beyond shame.

Sins of the  father? I pity any issue from your "perfect"  loins ! Even those you might deny !

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Excellent idea. Publish a list of their names, that of their spouses, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children (no, they are NOT off limits). Punish them all by association, and shame and humiliate the heathen senators into submission. Inflict as much pain onto them as possible, and make their lives a living hell.

This is a very serious situation, and should be treated as such. Anything it takes. There is no shame in fighting filthy people with dirty tactics.

Nazis tried that with Jewish businesses. Didn’t end well for them. As much as most people dislike the those senators, it is law. Change the law and do it the right way. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

The junta Senators all talk about the lese-majeste law as reason for not voting (or abstaining) for MFP PM candidate Pitha, but maybe this CEO has the real reason.   They are afraid of losing their military jobs and priveledges.

Yep, that would do it for many.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

No he doesn't, all is fair in love and war and if those entitled spouses and children who have reaped the benefits of their families corruption are a way to bring about positive change then bring it on

You are wrong on so many levels.  I'll bet your a lot of fun at parties.  (sarcasm).

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They are members of super corrupt families. They benefit on countless levels. No, the entire family should be shamed. It just might embarrass dad into submission. If the senators are not entirely shameless. They just might be beyond shame.

Deaths will happen

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

they could be charged under the Computer Crime Act, which stipulates that any person who damages, destroys, corrects, changes or amends another party’s computer data, either in whole or in part, shall be subject to imprisonment of up to five years and/or a fine of up to one hundred thousand baht.

And this is the arena where these oxygen thieves and wasted skins will fight for their survival. 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

The junta Senators all talk about the lese-majeste law as reason for not voting (or abstaining) for MFP PM candidate Pitha, but maybe this CEO has the real reason.   They are afraid of losing their military jobs and priveledges.

Whether it is Lesse Majeste or $$$, it still would likely push recalcitrant Senators to vote, "No". 

5 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

You are wrong on so many levels.  I'll bet your a lot of fun at parties.  (sarcasm).

Don't agree, I like a party but I would not shirk the serious stuff, if you needed to be disciplined I would do that. If you where one of the treacherous creatures hobbling Thailand I would happily put the noose around your neck and take the strain....

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Seriously... their children aren't off limits? You need to have a quiet word with yourself. Their family members did not vote, the senators did.

Very true, the children should be left out of this. 

BUT, I've heard the international schools are trying to block Pitha's daughter from attending now.   This has to be looked into.

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, Foxx said:

7/11 is owned by CP ALL.  CP ALL is owned by the Chearavanont family.  No connection with the current senate or the military, AFAIK.

So much to unpack here.Won't comment on this particularl family but the small group of business oligarchs are entirely part of the structure opposed to any change to Thailand's sham democracy.