Russian foreign minister arrives in Phuket

webfact

5 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Nice one Thailand ....you sure pick your friends. One great democracy greets another.

Anything for an odd Baht. Just keep those Russkies coming and to heck with your butchery in Ukraine. 

Thailand generally does what is good for thailand and stays out of stuff that is not their business.

Should the USA and their allies have been banned during their attacks during the 17 year war in Afghanistan. Or Iraq?

Or is that "different"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

He is probably scouting out a place for Putin's excile, for when the long knives come out at Kremlin.

Lavrov's bridge building skills probably aren't great, so nothing for him to do in Crimea.

Speaking of the Crimea bridge. Breaking news. There were explosions.

Crimea Bridge: Emergency incident reported on bridge linking peninsula with Russia | CNN

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

Well he blends perfectly into the Thai politicians who are disgusting corrupt liars like him.

Supposedly Thailand was neutral , but inviting now this scumbag is nothing else than a big OK for what’s going on in Ukraine. 

I get what you're saying but I'm not so sure. Western officials can come too. He's supposedly (believe it or not) coming because of the large Russian colony in Phuket. Thailand should be careful though -- look what Russia thinks it's OK to do in foreign places with lots of Russians. Obviously they don't want to even come close to risking getting secondary sanctions. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

you think not? i think for enough money they would 

That's just silly. No amount of money would compensate than being cut off from western trade. Thailand is not on any kind of list, short or long, for Putin's escape plan. 

Edited by Jingthing

Opening full scale consulate, not honorary section. While flying from Jakarta. Makes perfect sense. Also to meet with group of Russian diaspora / community to discuss forms of support and cooperation with MFA.

What's so sinister about routine visit?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

“Tell me who your friends are, and I will tell you who you are."

Other than China, no other country in world wants anything to do with Russia, dose Thailand has an ulterior motive to red carpet a representative of a country who bombs and kills dozen of people on a daily bases and actually want to take their country from them?

Myanmar's Tamadaw are one I can think off the top of my head.

19 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Opening full scale consulate, not honorary section. While flying from Jakarta. Makes perfect sense. Also to meet with group of Russian diaspora / community to discuss forms of support and cooperation with MFA.

What's so sinister about routine visit?

The government that he shills for. 

• Thumbs Up 2