There Is Only Male and Female. Women Pay the Price When We Pretend Otherwise

Unfortunately we run the risk of violence when we refuse to pretend.

Here is a trans activist encouraging people to "punch a TERF in the f*****g face". 

Now if he was booed or even met with awkward silence that would be one thing. But the most disturbing part is the cheers from the crowd. 

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

spacer.png

Actually I don't see much wrong here. The shirt refers to gender and the buttons to biological sex i.e adult male humans and adult female humans, two distinct things.  I'm guessing that for fitting size Amazon just have the two buttons. In any case they say in their description "Get this there are more than two genders shirt for men, women, LGBTQ, pansexual, and asexual friends. " so they cover their bases there. 

It's not quite the gotcha you think it is. 

It would be so nice if people would debate what is an interesting issue rather than just diminishing and deriding.

47 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Here is a trans activist encouraging people to "punch a TERF in the f*****g face". 

Now if he was booed or even met with awkward silence that would be one thing. But the most disturbing part is the cheers from the crowd. 

Terf?

41 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

This was roundly and rightly condemned by London Trans and Pride.  There are always people who go too far in any walk of life. Trans activists are beaten and murdered regularly. 

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Lighten up a bit.

It was an item for sale on Amazon, is that too difficult for you to understand?.

Do you think that Amazon purposely made a joke of their own listing.

You touched a raw nerve there. I think it was very appropriate and in my opinion emphasises the fact that you can be whatever gender you think you are, but there are only two sexes. Personally, I'm fed up with reading about it. It has the same effect on me as the Harry and Megan pantomime.

Edited by jesimps
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Actually I don't see much wrong here. The shirt refers to gender and the buttons to biological sex i.e adult male humans and adult female humans, two distinct things.  I'm guessing that for fitting size Amazon just have the two buttons. In any case they say in their description "Get this there are more than two genders shirt for men, women, LGBTQ, pansexual, and asexual friends. " so they cover their bases there. 

It would be so nice if people would debate what is an interesting issue rather than just diminishing and deriding.

No gotcha involved, it's called irony.

I'm sure that you know what irony is, sort of like whining that a post is taking a thread  of topic and then taking the thread even further off topic by steering the thread towards the post that you are whinging about. :unsure:

Edited by Bert got kinky

10 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

No gotcha involved, it's called irony.

I'm sure that you know what irony is, sort of like whining that a post is taking a thread  of topic and then taking the thread even further off topic by steering the thread towards the post that you are whinging about. :unsure:

I didn't "whinge" about going off topic. That's up to you. There's always going to be a little off-topic stuff. My concern, as I said, was all the derisive posts, off-topic or not. 

1 minute ago, Baht Simpson said:

I didn't "whinge" about going off topic. That's up to you. There's always going to be a little off-topic stuff. My concern, as I said, was all the derisive posts, off-topic or not. 

Show me where i said that you were whinging.

I merely gave a fictitious scenario as an example to irony, no one was named.

Now this thread is not just about you.

Please try to stay on topic. :thumbsup:

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Show me where i said that you were whinging.

I merely gave a fictitious scenario as an example to irony, no one was named.

Now this thread is not just about you.

Please try to stay on topic. :thumbsup:

Well actually two hours ago, in reference to the original article I responded on- topic with a long post explaining about gender and biological sex which clearly you didn't bother to read.  Meanwhile all your posts have been off-topic. How's that for irony? ????This is becoming a squabble now. Back to the topic methinks.

On 7/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

acceptance and tolerance...

That should go both ways. When I see a male dressed as a woman and tries to behave like a "woman" (they usually behave like a stereotype created by men, and not like most natural women) I find it hard to address that person as a woman. And they don't accept people not accepting them as they decide.

It's ecxectly the same as some older people trying to mingle with much younger people because they feel young. The younger people don't usually accept them and older people ridicule them

On 7/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

LOL    such a UNbiased article for who else but.......................NEWSWEEK.....

what a disappointment this site has become...TRULY...

content and profit over acceptance and tolerance...

It is NOT about tolerance at all.. You shoot over the goal completely... There is 2 gender nothing more nothing less. We are a 2 armed being nothing more nothing less. No matter if just YOU or ME are on armed......

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Apologise for asking for a link?> Are you crazy?

Maybe your days of insisting on a link for everything are dwindling. If this is your response, why bother! Spelling out forum " rules " that are misinterpreted daily really won't  aid you much longer as well. Cheers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

This was roundly and rightly condemned by London Trans and Pride.  There are always people who go too far in any walk of life. Trans activists are beaten and murdered regularly. 

I'm talking about the real, guttural reaction from the crowd.

Not some carefully scripted PR statement after the event for damage limitation.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

For clarification:

The vast majority of humans are born  with an unambiguous biological sex  
that’s either male or female. While there *are some intersex conditions,  
they are rare. For the most part, biological sex in humans is fairly simple:

People with XX chromosomes are biologically female, have ovaries and grow breasts. People  with XY chromosomes are biologically male, have testicles and leave the toilet seat up. 

Gender identity is as difficult as sex is simple. Gender refers to our  
internal sense of being female, male, or something else. 

Webster's definition of gender?
: the behavioral, cultural, or emotional traits typically associated with one sex

As everything internal,  it’s subjective and hard to properly define. 

Gender identity comes about by a mix of genes,  acquired biological traits, environmental and social factors, and cultural expectations.

When someone’s perceived gender doesn’t align with their biological sex, we’ve come to call  them “transgender”.  The other case, when sex aligns with gender, is often called “cisgender”.  

Definition & Meaning

cis:
a prefix meaning “on the same side of,”
trans:
a prefix meaning “on the other side of,”

Transgender people may feel like they are trapped in the wrong body. Not all, but some of them  are distressed by this experience, and develop what is called “gender dysphoria”,  a recognized psychological condition which might severely limit their quality of life.

Some transgender people prefer not to draw a distinction between sex and gender,  and instead distinguish between their experienced gender and the “assigned  gender” or the “gender assigned at birth”. 

Being transgender is neither new nor necessarily detrimental to mental health,  
it’s just a not-very-common variation of normal human development. 

Excellent summary of the whole topic re sex, gender, incl. transgender issues -

based on available facts compiled by medical professionals iand researchers in the relevant disciplines all over the world and free from bias of any kind.

Presented in easy understandable terms for (almost) anybody.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Very funny … or sad for anyone who has studied biology in nature. There is all kinds of diversity out there. Only the ignorant declare there is only yes/no, right/wrong, black/white, male/female.

Are you claiming that many humans have different chromosomes than XX or XY?

We ain't discussing trees and insects, we are discussing people.

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Definition very easy,

Man is born with a penis and testicles.

Woman is born with a womb.

If a man is prepared to have his penis and testicles removed, after the op I'll be magnanimous and let him pretend he's a woman. Just putting on a dress and pretending to be a woman doesn't cut it though, that's mental illness.

Hmmmm. Given certain male populations ( Indian and Malay for instance ) wear sarongs ( a dress ) you are accusing a large swathe of the world's population of being mentally ill.

You might want to be more specific in your accusations.

The world isn't defined by what goes on in Finchley.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, traveller101 said:

Excellent summary of the whole topic re sex, gender, incl. transgender issues -

based on available facts compiled by medical professionals iand researchers in the relevant disciplines all over the world and free from bias of any kind.

Presented in easy understandable terms for (almost) anybody.

Thank you. I see a number of posts where people don't seem to understand the basic facts and debate from incorrect assumptions.. Hopefully this will help. 

I understand that this is a difficult and divisive issue for many and I appreciate that some people have genuine concerns but they must get the basics right to express those. concerns intelligently.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1