Pattaya Officials Remove Obstructive Billboards from Walking Street

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Deputy mayor of Pattaya Mr. Manoch Nongyai led a group of workers to begin removing obstructive billboards from Walking Street today to allow a comfortable passage of fire trucks in case of a fire.

The operation followed the city’s order for business operators to relocate their billboards that were excessively protruding onto the road and blocking traffic.

According to the order, the billboards should not protrude more than 50 centimeters from the building. The billboards should also be placed at a height of 2.40 meters from the road surface.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

PHOTO: PRPATTAYA

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/17/pattaya-officials-remove-obstructive-billboards-from-walking-street/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-07-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, jcmj said:

I still wish they would have just tore down all the buildings on the right while everything was shut down. It would make for a much nicer atmosphere and place to visit. 

For the 20% who come here for a beach holiday, yes, maybe. For the 80% who come for beer and women and making a fool of themselves you are talking nonsense. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

For the 20% who come here for a beach holiday, yes, maybe. For the 80% who come for beer and women and making a fool of themselves you are talking nonsense. 

Those percentages are the other way around now. It is 2023. Not 2005.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Those percentages are the other way around now. It is 2023. Not 2005.

Well, you may say that , but I see hundreds of people in bars, but ever handfuls at most on the beach ! if what you are saying is true, just where the hell do these tourists hang out ? 

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Well, you may say that , but I see hundreds of people in bars, but ever handfuls at most on the beach ! if what you are saying is true, just where the hell do these tourists hang out ? 

Not in bars like you do I suspect!

Heck a good old Chinese flag following procession is more people than all the Walking St bars contain!

Edited by jacko45k

14 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

A tad ironic that the Smoky Garden weed shop had its sign removed to facilitate the smooth passage of Fire Engines (Fire Trucks for the Murcans).

The terms "fire engine" and "fire truck" are used pretty much interchangeably in American English, at least where I grew up.