Where can I browse foreclosed properties in Bangkok?

Just now, flyingtlger said:

Drive around or better yet walk around on foot.  You'll get a good ideal of the places that are in trouble...

Yep, I’ve been doing that and it lead to many interesting room viewings. But my question was more specific about whether there are platforms to browse foreclosed properties.

The individual banks will often have their foreclosed properties, upcoming auctions etc, on their own websites.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Drive around or better yet walk around on foot.  You'll get a good ideal of the places that are in trouble...

How can you tell if a property has been foreclosed, just by driving past?

Especially Condos, that you cant go into the block.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://mister-kwai.com/foreclosure-thailand-bangkok.html

this site has links to banks, but the links seem outdated.

https://www.remax.co.th/News/Bank-Foreclosure-and-Auction-Properties.aspx

Buying a foreclosure property or by Auction might seem like a great deal, it can also have drawbacks. 

Cons of buying a foreclosed or auction home include:

1- The tenant might be still living in the foreclosed house and will need to move out. He might be not happy about losing the property and damage it.

• Thumbs Up 2

From what I know most of it is listed by the banks, as for condo's it's difficult unless you know someone there but I have seen a notice posted on the door of a condo next door but one from our condo, when it eventually come on the market for sale a friend of mine was interested to buy so she asked me to go with her, one of the said owners worked at the bank she kind of kept in the back ground I got bad feeling about it something dodgy going on, she also got bad feelings and didn't buy plus the were asking 500k baht more than others in project. 

as they say buyer beware.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Capitalist said:

Yep, I’ve been doing that and it lead to many interesting room viewings. But my question was more specific about whether there are platforms to browse foreclosed properties.

Banks have sites showing property which has been repossessed by that bank.

Some banks have a notie board near the door showing photos of local property which that bank/branch has repossessed. 

Keep in mind that some banks (all countries, but not legal in some countries) have a policy to sell such properties at a price which recovers the o/s loan amount and expenses and not much more. 

Just keep in mind that anything listed publically has gone through layers of filtering which caught all the best deals already. Don't expect to get the great deals without having connections and doing this professionally and paying for the good stuff.