Unethical Business Practice.

Dazinoz

11 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Wondering when the weak “don’t like it leave” comment would come. Thanks for not disappointing me. 

Snarky because you don’t like to hear the truth? You want to change the world? Good luck. Maybe try that in your home country first. We’re only guests here. 
Life’s not fair, I agree, but who are we to change the reality?

1 minute ago, CecilM said:

Snarky because you don’t like to hear the truth? You want to change the world? Good luck. Maybe try that in your home country first. We’re only guests here. 

Lol

5 minutes ago, CecilM said:

You’re weak

On 7/19/2023 at 9:44 AM, Dazinoz said:

So if she knew it makes it ok for owner to rip her off? Girls come and go not a problem to have enough staff. Actually she has 3 shops so just moved girls between them. 

Actually thinking about it owner changed rules many time. When I first started taking lady out to dinner I was told 500 baht. Then It was free for 1 hour and 500 for longer. Than changed to free 1 hour, 300 up to 2 hours then 500 longer. Then changed to 300 for up to 1.5 hours and 500 longer. So no set rules and I am almost 100% positive she would have been told the conditions because owner keeps changing to suit condition.

A bar I sometimes goto bar fine is 500. Girls get 300 and bar 200. The massage owner gets ALL the fine.

You are being played. They take your money because they can. Very likely they split the money. Don't believe every sob story.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

You are being played. They take your money because they can. Very likely they split the money. Don't believe every sob story.

I didn’t pay. 

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Possible if they knew each other before. I wonder how much they each got. My guess is 10,000 baht.

7 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I didn’t pay. 

You gave a different impression earlier:

"When I first started taking lady out to dinner I was told 500 baht. Then It was free for 1 hour and 500 for longer. Than changed to free 1 hour, 300 up to 2 hours then 500 longer. Then changed to 300 for up to 1.5 hours and 500 longer. So no set rules and I am almost 100% positive she would have been told the conditions because owner keeps changing to suit condition.

A bar I sometimes goto bar fine is 500. Girls get 300 and bar 200"

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Possible if they knew each other before. I wonder how much they each got. My guess is 10,000 baht.

To answer both questions she was my girlfriend and I gave her money to go home. I did not pay for the "fine" of 2500 baht because I told her I was  not happy about it. She said she paid it.

Also another thing has come to mind. I bought her a half baht gold bracelet a few weeks before. She conveniently lost it while we were visiting a temple. I wondered at the time did she really lose it.

I guess I am gullible silly old @#$%.

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You gave a different impression earlier:

"When I first started taking lady out to dinner I was told 500 baht. Then It was free for 1 hour and 500 for longer. Than changed to free 1 hour, 300 up to 2 hours then 500 longer. Then changed to 300 for up to 1.5 hours and 500 longer. So no set rules and I am almost 100% positive she would have been told the conditions because owner keeps changing to suit condition.

A bar I sometimes goto bar fine is 500. Girls get 300 and bar 200"

I have paid various amounts before for a dinner or a night. I did not pay the 2500 fine..

I know the bar fine, the girl gets some. In this case the massage girl gets none and in fact claims she paid the 2500 herself to go home.

1 minute ago, Dazinoz said:

To answer both questions she was my girlfriend and I gave her money to go home. I did not pay for the "fine" of 2500 baht because I told her I was  not happy about it. She said she paid it.

Also another thing has come to mind. I bought her a half baht gold bracelet a few weeks before. She conveniently lost it while we were visiting a temple. I wondered at the time did she really lose it.

I guess I am gullible silly old @#$%.

She would have pawned it or sold it. I figured she was a gf sort of. Not a good one.

2 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I have paid various amounts before for a dinner or a night. I did not pay the 2500 fine..

I know the bar fine, the girl gets some. In this case the massage girl gets none and in fact claims she paid the 2500 herself to go home.

You got played at the end of the day.

The boss lady must know that your girlfriend has a farang boyfriend? It sounds to me that she is just squeezing you (knowing that you will pay for your girlfriend's absences). She (the boss) is taking advantage of you (in my opinion) and is no friend of yours.

If you don't pay for the absences, your girlfriend certainly can't/won't and will have to find another massage shop to work. Maybe that would be for the best.

I'm assuming you know and trust your girlfriend well so that she and the boss are not in cahoots.

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

The boss lady must know that your girlfriend has a farang boyfriend? It sounds to me that she is just squeezing you (knowing that you will pay for your girlfriend's absences). She (the boss) is taking advantage of you (in my opinion) and is no friend of yours.

If you don't pay for the absences, your girlfriend certainly can't/won't and will have to find another massage shop to work. Maybe that would be for the best.

I'm assuming you know and trust your girlfriend well so that she and the boss are not in cahoots.

The owner's family and my now ex girlfriend family used to live next door to each other and thats how owner offered my ex such a great job. She won't leave the shop. I tried to get her to and she say she dare not as owner gave her job. I guess after the incident of the fine and losing gold and getting money to go home and I am dumped day after gets home.....ummm, no I don't trust anymore. Yet another Thai life lesson. Trying to tell my little brain to be careful but he never listens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

The owner's family and my now ex girlfriend family used to live next door to each other and thats how owner offered my ex such a great job. She won't leave the shop. I tried to get her to and she say she dare not as owner gave her job. I guess after the incident of the fine and losing gold and getting money to go home and I am dumped day after gets home.....ummm, no I don't trust anymore. Yet another Thai life lesson. Trying to tell my little brain to be careful but he never listens.

Trust nobody

18 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I did not pay for the "fine" of 2500 baht because I told her I was  not happy about it. She said she paid it

A massage\bar fine is normal if someone takes the lady out the shop, if someone had to go home etc owner shouldn't charge, sometimes lady may try and get a gullible farang ATM to pay it. In massage shops 50\50 seems normal in Pattaya and yes majority don't pay staff just for turning up, they can't not enough customers

21 hours ago, ignore it said:

Knights tend to charge into the fray, fight injustice, and right the wrongs.

Me things she felt comfortable enough with you to vent her problem and only wanted sympathetic ears.

yes, true - and in this case the lady does not feel there is a wrong - just business as usual and she is obviously well compensated there or she would have left long ago... the larger hotels, even in the stix, operate on the same principal... they need ladies there, even if only 2-3 and if everyone were free to take off when they wanted, would the shop have to close down? 

The lady is probably doing fine there and it is more important to keep her jib than have an 'occasional' BF... 

2 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Watch Judge Judy. A gift is a gift not a promise to remain friends. 

Nothing to do with friends it was referring to getting money back from loan which never happens here.