Taxi from U-Tapao

blueboy57

I am arriving at U-Tapao airport this coming weekend. Is it possible to book a Bolt taxi via their app to pick you up and take you to Jomtien? 

I was quoted 800 baht by a local taxi company for the trip. Is this a normal price?

Are there any minibus service operating that drops you off at your hotel or condo? Price?

Any other recommendations?

• Like 1

yes 800 THB about standard price for taxi this route, Bolt should be 400-600 but not always available ex UTP, but if you gamble could be ok

AFAIK no bus/minibus service available

• Thumbs Up 2

Mini bus circles around.

Can easily add an hour to the trip.

Drivers are not able to read hotel names in English. Dispatcher writes phonemic Thai on a sheet. Went quite wrong for me.

Bus turning in to Royal Cliff at one case ????

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Mini bus circles around.

Can easily add an hour to the trip.

Drivers are not able to read hotel names in English. Dispatcher writes phonemic Thai on a sheet. Went quite wrong for me.

Bus turning in to Royal Cliff at one case ????

If a Thai could read English he would do better than being a taxi driver. As a passenger get your hotel to send their address in Thai. Most don't need asking.

Edited by champers

4 minutes ago, champers said:

If a Thai could read English he would do better than being a taxi driver. As a passenger get your hotel to send their address in Thai. Most don't need asking.

Try looking it up on Google Maps which usually show in both languages.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 4:26 AM, blueboy57 said:

I am arriving at U-Tapao airport this coming weekend. Is it possible to book a Bolt taxi via their app to pick you up and take you to Jomtien? 

I was quoted 800 baht by a local taxi company for the trip. Is this a normal price?

Are there any minibus service operating that drops you off at your hotel or condo? Price?

Any other recommendations?

I would definitely get a taxi to meet you at the airport. The most hassle-free option, IMO.

May I suggest you contact Dar - an old friend of mine - good driver, good English speaker (Note - I do NOT get a kickback but would appreciate you telling her that Mike from England recommended her.)

Dar - Taxi - Business Card 2023.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...