New tires

I have a 2017 Toyota Revo which is close to needing new tires but with so many Thai brands that i know nothing about i am unsure which would be the best for my pickup so if anyone has experience and can give me some advice it will be very much appreciated .

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Why not relace with whatever make is fitted by the manufacturer ??

Last service i had done they wanted to replace them with a different manufacturer but still had a lot on them all have 6mm left after 71,000 kms

1 minute ago, connda said:

Yep!

Snetterton race track in the 1990's somewhere I use to do track days.

CBR900RR rear tyre blew he was OK it was a Michelle tyre it can happen to any tyre make.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I got 96000 km from the originals on my Vigo in 2012.

I put Maxxiss on twice more, and got slightly less., but considerably cheaper, and the Maxxiss place will align and rotate every 10000km, free of charge.

Does the align and rotate free apply to all Maxxis tyres.... on my MG5 they are stock tyres...does this apply to them?

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Interdasting.

My daily pickup is due soon..... some tyres that will get it tail happy would be nice...

Tires is quite easy to buy, because you will find reviews and also bigger tests of the more well known brand.

30 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im also looking, and checking, found a few negative reviews on Deestone in general. What model you have on your car? 

The usual tires are actually terrible, especially the R101 model. They disintegrate when they are still new and handle very poorly. They can slide, slip and wiggle in disregard to what their owner wants of them.
Bottom line is: only buy mud tires from Deestone, because their regular options are plainly dangerous.

https://tirespace.net/deestone-tires/

The families Isuzu truck has Deestones same as mine I don't notice any difference driving it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Something that is cheap and will light up easily sounds good to me.

More expensive well known brands useally means better grip and shorter life expectancy. Tires who still good treads after 100k, I would suspect being dangerous on wet surface and longer braking distances on dry surface.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

More expensive well known brands useally means better grip and shorter life expectancy. Tires who still good treads after 100k, I would suspect being dangerous on wet surface and longer braking distances on dry surface.

Not interested in grip, wet or dry.

Need to practice my drifting skills which is hard with a lack of HP.

• Haha 2

I have Michelin tires on my car when it’s time to replace them I went with Dunlap for 1/3 the cost of Michelin and they did free will alignment and they put that nitrous gas in the tires free anytime I go in there and I have the tires checked overall I’m very happy with the damn labs on my car I do have tire on my motorcycle it’s Dunlop. It seems to be working out good for me.