New tires

Not a pickup but I just replaced my Firestone 205-70 15 with Michelin. Firestone still had plenty of tread but they were 6 years old. TyrePlus has a promotion going on. Lifetime tire balance/rotate/align included in the tire cost.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, KannikaP said:

Maxxiss

On 7/19/2023 at 7:27 PM, Hummin said:

Deestone

Agree I've used both brands and never had a problem, my theory is why pay premium price, when in Theory in this climate tyres should be changed every 4 yrs. But I guess it depends if you do high mileage or not. I don't.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, Kwasaki said:

Deestone are a good tyre made in Thailand so very affordable.

I put a set of Deestones on a Honda Jazz a few years back. Although they were quieter and smoother than the set that I took off, they rolled and lacked grip in the corners.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I put a set of Deestones on a Honda Jazz a few years back. Although they were quieter and smoother than the set that I took off, they rolled and lacked grip in the corners.

PSI.

50 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Good tyre.

Great tires in my opinion. Back home I had a Jeep, it came with Goodyears when time to replaced I just went with the same but I notice they sure worn down fast too fast for what I was paying. 

One day I was at Sears auto section getting a battery I noticed they were having a huge sale what attracted me was the tread thickness I thought ride must be rough?  The price was too low to pass up the ride was to my surprise softer and smoother I was hooked.

Here as mentioned there are a number of brands that had similar tread.  When my Revo was on order next door Toyota was a Dunlop outlet I was thinking treat myself get some fancy rims upgrade to an 18 inch rim then I notice they had BFGoodridges

In the end, deal made when the Revo arrived contacted I had them go over next door to Toyota It has been 5 years coming up the deal I would trade in the original 4 rims and tires in place 4 new 18 inch mags with the BF Good ridges 50,000 baht paying cash the guy gave me another 2000 baht off. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Most 'name brand' rubber is manufactured under license in Thailand, same-same name brand car batteries. Yokohama's are made in Pluak Daeng and Michelin Siam's plant is over in Laem Chabang, both in Chonburi province (near the car factories).

4 cars in the stable, all have import tyres from Japan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mine Vigo 4wd 300000km over 15 years. I have not recorded time or distances but:-

Originals Firestone, good but short life,

Replaced Bridgestone, expensive, short life, good but dangerous at the end, slippery in heavy rain,

replaced Bridgestone, expensive, short life, two steps:-

½ Deestone, excellent:-cheaper, long life, good grip.

½ Maxxis, good:- not quite so cheap, long life, good grip.

Now:- Maxxis need replacement soon, Deestone good for another 6 months..

I will replace with Deestone, not so easy to find if you want the best price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Mine Vigo 4wd 300000km over 15 years. I have not recorded time or distances but:-

Originals Firestone, good but short life,

Replaced Bridgestone, expensive, short life, good but dangerous at the end, slippery in heavy rain,

replaced Bridgestone, expensive, short life, two steps:-

½ Deestone, excellent:-cheaper, long life, good grip.

½ Maxxis, good:- not quite so cheap, long life, good grip.

Now:- Maxxis need replacement soon, Deestone good for another 6 months..

I will replace with Deestone, not so easy to find if you want the best price.

Yeah proof of pudding in the eating.

Price matters to many people and cheaper tyre makes now made in Thailand have caught up with technology. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Most 'name brand' rubber is manufactured under license in Thailand, same-same name brand car batteries. Yokohama's are made in Pluak Daeng and Michelin Siam's plant is over in Laem Chabang, both in Chonburi province (near the car factories).

That is irrelevant. Thailand makes some very good products. The vast majority of high quality products made here are made by foreign companies, to their standards, and it all about foreign managers and supervision, coupled with pride of craftsmanship. Huge difference. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Nice to see someone get the saying correct.

Yeah I'm someone who like to try many cheap tyre makes in uk over my many years and having many different vehicles to look after.

Thailand made tyres say 20 years ago were a bit dodgy but they have caught up with western ways and technology on making tyres.

I'm more into motorbikes and had trouble with Michelle and Pirell which many riders rave on about.

Each to there own brainwashing thoughts I guess. ????

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

On my Isuzu I stick with Bridgestone, my last pair I didn't shop around and paid 24,000 thb, These tires have had 2 plug patches and one hot side patch, 6 yrs old, ready for new set, regardless the thread.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 1:17 AM, TigerandDog said:

why are the wheels on your car feeling sleepy (tires)?  Perhaps you meant to use CORRECT english and not the corrupted american version of english and your car needs new TYRES.

Just to be clear: “tyre” was the original spelling – arriving in the late 15th century and meaning the “iron plates forming a rim of a carriage wheel.” The word is likely linked as a shortened form of “attire” – because it “dressed the wheel”.

At the time, there was already a more direct noun “tire” – meaning “dress or covering”. Also, the yawny verb “tire” had turned up about a hundred years earlier. So, to avoid confusion, “tyre” was chosen.

By the time America was springing into life around the 17th and 18th centuries, that original “tire” noun (“dress or covering”) had faded away and the spelling had switched worldwide to “tire” for the wheel rims.

It was actually the British who decided to change their spelling BACK to “tyre” in the 1800s. The Americans, who were all about simplifying things at the time, weren’t too keen on the idea, so kept with “tire” for all meanings.

If you’re in Canada or USA, “tire” is almost universally used. Meanwhile, Britain and the rest of the English speaking world (including Australia) haven’t tired of using “tyre” – however it’s not as clear cut, with “tire” making serious inroads in recent decades.

So, I can clearly state the many of us tire of these tired attempts at insisting that the only true, correct spellings MUST come from the only country whipped in a war by the French. Adieu :wai:

• Sad 1