GBP/THB rate sharp dive

1 minute ago, omnipresent said:

GBP/THB was doing quite well this year until diving sharply since a couple of days ago. What's going on?

image.png.85523c7609454ed62cd27d76d5453073.png

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=THB&view=1Y

My Canuck buck and others have done the same.I think the operative word here is "manipulation" but of course I could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, churchill said:

UK inflation lower than expected , so BOE interest rate rises less than expected . GBP lower .

This.

As soon as inflation levels were lower than expected, the market will anticipate lower interest rates, which will naturally mean a weaker pound.

Economics 101.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's not a Pound thing, it's a Baht surge.

Yes the Baht has surged due to the optimism of Thailand's new parliament but.......

LONDON (Reuters - The pound fell on Wednesday after data showed UK inflation slowed faster than expected in June, relieving some of the pressure on the Bank of England to keep raising interest rates.

British annual consumer price inflation fell to a lower than expected 7.9% in June, according to government statistics, below a forecast for a decline to 8.2%.

• Like 1

Sterling weakened against the USD whilst at same time the Baht strengthened against the USD

Both pairings going in the wrong direction as regards bottom line of Sterling/Baht

15 hours ago, anterian said:

British inflation lower than expected, so Bank interest rate will not increase, so Pound less attractive to investors.

More to it than that. GBP gaining against USD today, yet still falling against THB, as is EUR .                                YUAN, however has shown a sharp rise against THB.