Thailand sees tourism growth skyrocketing to three trillion baht in 2023

webfact

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ever wondered were would Thailand's economy would be if there no tourism? not in a good place i would have guessed.

And yet, during the early days of Covid, I remember Anutin saying that tourism accounted for very little of GDP! (Along with other "pearls of wisdom"!)

He's strangely quiet these days - I wonder why? Seems his ambition to be PM has been "shelved" -  or is he just gathering his PR team for a final push?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trolling4warlords said:

I am honestly not sure where TAT gets it's economic data from

They can just pluck them from out of the air. What a great place to work. M|ake any guesses you like, miss the target by a mile with no repercussions, so you get to keep your well paid job, with a generous pension, and make more ludicrous guesses

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ever wondered were would Thailand's economy would be if there no tourism? not in a good place i would have guessed.

I always believed tourism got Thailand off the ground all those years ago... easy money and plenty of potential for low skilled workers. The place was great in the early 80s. Nowadays there is plenty of industry to help the economy. 

Thais and translation to numbers makes me always laugh - really confusing with the zeros. Trillions, billions and millions of BAHT. 

We have 15 million tourist now and bla bla next year trillions.  Jumping ahead of the gun. 
Here is what we like to hear: 
Projections where 25 million so we are well on track to reach / surpass that number with estimated generation of X baht to the economy and Y % of the total GDP. In 2023 we expect over x number tourists. Average spending per tourist and top 10 countries visiting. 

Just write facts and not half story of 2 years with bits and pieces. 

We all know Thailand has its own dynamic and one of the best places to visit. More people will come to visit.