Thai Smile Airways’ turbulent tiff: Passenger’s ‘left-behind’ fiasco halts takeoff in Chiang Mai (video)

webfact

2 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Now he has set a bad example, I worry that soon everyone will be doing it!

Exactly, instead of the airline punishing him for his forgetfulness--by not going back, everybody has to be inconvenienced. They've made hundreds--depending on the number of passengers, irratated and possibly won't be flying with them again, but they've made two people happy. The math doesn't add up. And for sure since he got away with it this time he'll feel empowered to do this type of thing again in the future.

When I was working I flew 8-10 times a year--all long haul, and if I forgot something I wouldn't even think of asking the airline to turn the plane around. I might have asked them to try and mail my belongings to me--at my cost, instead of inconveniencing many many other passengers.......but that's just me--old school. Grow up and stop being irreponsible; too many me, me, me entitled people in the world now days.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

When I was working I flew 8-10 times a year--all long haul, and if I forgot something I wouldn't even think of asking the airline to turn the plane around. I

Exactly the same with me. It wouldn't have been fair to tell them I'd forgotten the missus in the duty free ...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

"This Arabian passenger forgot his bag at the airport and forced a flight attendant to stop the plane for him when the plane was about to take off. ...

How can he 'force' the flight attendant to stop the flight?

This news site often prints words/ phrases etc., which are far off correct / appropriate English for the situation at hand. 

Another reason why I don't / I never believe anything in any form of news from any country.

Me too. Russia never invaded Ukraine...

3 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Now he has set a bad example, I worry that soon everyone will be doing it!

reminds me of the states during covid and the anti maskers..of the joys of entitlement!

for this guy its all about HIM..if there was ONLY a way to get his valuables...if ONLY!   

maybe some day they will invent some sort of system to transport items via plane-train-etc

1 hour ago, 1happykamper said:

So you think stopping a plane, with 100 passengers on board. just to retrieve your forgotten bag is "accommodating"? and you would expect that? 

If that is what it was , certainly not, but of course that's not what happened. 

In the full story it says "

We have to temporarily discontinue the flight for the safety of all passengers. We will be taking the affected passenger back to the terminal, and the process is expected to take approximately two to five minutes. We sincerely apologise for the delay.”

This leads me to believe that the passenger was was being disruptive, the captain consider them to be a danger to the passengers and crew ,  and since the whole situation could be resolved  in 2-5 minutes they were close to the gate. and had just started to taxi . It is not like they had to perform a TOGA  The disruptive passengers were removed and the flight continued watthour incident.

From the article it is not clear how long the flight was delayed but if what the pilot announced was true, this is a tempest in a teacup, 

The plane was delayed 2-5 minutes to ensure the safety of the passengers and perhaps help someone out. Big Deal.   

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Arabs do tend to lead an Intense life. ???????? ????

Yep, seen this with patients at the big 5 star hospital off Suk. Rd. Often very loud and very demanding.

And often have no respect whatever for hospital staff (especially female staff) or other patients.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

What difference did it make if he was an Arab?

I think it´s important. After all they do have a track record of taking over planes and flying them into tall buildings.

I for one would not feel happy in the air if there is an irked Arab nearby.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

If no nationality is mentioned, all nationalities of foreigners are blamed. Certain nationalities are creating way more trouble than others.

IMO it did not even matter that he was a foreigner.  People should be blamed, not a particular nationality. 

So because of this are all Arabs to be blamed"  I remember reading a story about two Australians being booted from a flight i believe was Phuket , should we blame all Australians? 

A British boxer tried  to open the door on a Ryanair flight. did we need to know his nationality so we can blame all Brits? 

I can go on and one, there is no shortage of airplane passengers disrupting a flight and being removed. 

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

See Odd that no one in the airport boarding area noticed a bag left behind after all passengers had been processed and onboard.

Normally Thai taxi drivers "find left behind" items..... but they aren't allowed into the airport. Lol.

7 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

I think it´s important. After all they do have a track record of taking over planes and flying them into tall buildings.

I for one would not feel happy in the air if there is an irked Arab nearby.

If indeed that's true, Them Thai smile should be congratulated for returning to the terminal and removing them. Wouldn't you think?

Easy choice . 2-5 minute delay , flying into a building. I know what I would choose. ????

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No mention of checked baggage. If they had it would be another hassle to unload after they throw them out and put on a no flight list.

Should be banned from all domestic flights.

One way out of the country OK.

Leaving the country is not a domestic flight. So ban this scum from international flights? I think so. They can hitch a ride on a barge, freighter, super yacht or a pirogue. Might even float home on their prayer mat....

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

"The TikTok user added the foreign passenger insisted on leaving the plane alone to retrieve the bag, but airport officers encouraged all of his family members to accompany him according to safety measures."

Looks like 'airport officers' did?

All of his family? With Arabs that would have been at least 4 rows worth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

"This Arabian passenger forgot his bag at the airport and forced a flight attendant to stop the plane for him when the plane was about to take off. ...

How can he 'force' the flight attendant to stop the flight?

This news site often prints words/ phrases etc., which are far off correct / appropriate English for the situation at hand. 

Another reason why I don't / I never believe anything in any form of news from any country.

How about "TAT announces that there will be less than 1 million tourists to Thailand this year because of the unsettled political situation"?

Maybe the most famous return-to-the-gate incident:

The nut rage incident, also referred to as nutgate (Korean: 땅콩 회항, Ttangkong hoehang), was an air rage incident that occurred on December 5, 2014, at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City onboard Korean Air Flight 086. Korean Air vice president Heather Cho (Korean name: Cho Hyun-ah), dissatisfied with the way a flight attendant served nuts on the plane, ordered the aircraft to return to the gate before takeoff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_rage_incident

Edited by jerrymahoney

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Fly with Thai Smile From KKC to BKK, a few times every year, Never had a problem , always very accommodating.

Because Arabs are known to be crazy and this is an example hence the labeling.  If you are Arab you may think it's normal to prevent an entire plane full of people from their personal freedom to indulge you in your personal problem.  

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Maybe the most famous return-to-the-gate incident:

The nut rage incident, also referred to as nutgate (Korean: 땅콩 회항, Ttangkong hoehang), was an air rage incident that occurred on December 5, 2014, at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City onboard Korean Air Flight 086. Korean Air vice president Heather Cho (Korean name: Cho Hyun-ah), dissatisfied with the way a flight attendant served nuts on the plane, ordered the aircraft to return to the gate before takeoff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_rage_incident

Totally unrelated.  The Korean Air incident was about wealth power and privilege.  This story is about the insane rationale of the Arab mentality.

5 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Because Arabs are known to be crazy and this is an example hence the labeling.  If you are Arab you may think it's normal to prevent an entire plane full of people from their personal freedom to indulge you in your personal problem.  

Don't you think that this is a dangerous and Unfair generalization.? Perhaps the perception fed by the narrative some governments might want to promote But it is certainly not true that Arabs are crazier  anyone else.

But if you have any empirical evidence to support the assertion I would be more than  willing to consider it. 

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Fly with Thai Smile From KKC to BKK, a few times every year, Never had a problem , always very accommodating.

What difference does it make that you fly with them a few times every year and never had a problem? Was this guy on any of your flights?

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes the police should have been waiting to assist  that passenger disembark.

Prior to take off from an airport in the Middle East I suggested to a stewardess that a passenger was drunk and I didn't want to fly with him. He was removed from the aircraft. A person who is drunk, from and in a country where alcohol is banned is a bit suspect.