Cable companies in pattaya

bradiston

I tried putting this in the internet and communication forum but it's greyed out.

I am currently with a company whose feed has become tiresomely erratic. Movies freeze, have the wrong audio, and the wrong subs (Burmese or Roumanian). Every day. They sort it out eventually but I have to Line them every time it happens.

I'm in a condo in Pratamnak so it may be I don't have a lot of choice, but does anyone out there have a decent cable feed? This one used to be good. Its initials are T**T, (* to avoid defamation).

I've had 3bb for the last 3 years and couldn't be happier. Maybe once or twice a year the service is down for a few hours for maintenance or repairs, but other than that it's very consistent. Free HBO and all the Thai channels are included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Get yourself a decent Internet connection and an Android box. Inexpensive subscriptions available. Can use KODI for viewing. 

Kodi works great!

Pretty much watch anything, anytime for free.

Troypoint.com has easy set up guides that are updated every month.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NextG said:

Get yourself a decent Internet connection and an Android box. Inexpensive subscriptions available. Can use KODI for viewing. 

I had a Kodi box once, but everything ended up blocked even with a VPN installed. Might try it again.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Local cables in Pattaya are like that, 

Proper cables that's not some guy rebroadcasting stuff from dvd players and pirated satellite are from ISPs these days, be it AIS or True, so you'll be paying the package on top of internet access, so you'll get a box that plugs into your tv, no tuning straight from the tv remote

Sometimes it’s included with the Internet package as in AIS’s Marathon pack with Disney+Hotstar: 15Mbps(100GB month) for 1890 baht(12 months). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Sometimes it’s included with the Internet package as in AIS’s Marathon pack with Disney+Hotstar: 15Mbps(100GB month) for 1890 baht(12 months). 

I've got that on my phone. Didn't know it came with movies and stuff.

Just now, bradiston said:

I've got that on my phone. Didn't know it came with movies and stuff.

Not exactly the same. The package I mentioned was an add-on to an existing SIM, whereas yours is likely a SIM purchased with a package already applied. 
The add-on comes with Disney+Hotstar access for 12 months, whereas yours will have free AIS calls(30 mins per call) plus 60 minutes of any network calls monthly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Not exactly the same. The package I mentioned was an add-on to an existing SIM, whereas yours is likely a SIM purchased with a package already applied. 
The add-on comes with Disney+Hotstar access for 12 months, whereas yours will have free AIS calls(30 mins per call) plus 60 minutes of any network calls monthly. 

No, no calls. What's Hotstar?

7 minutes ago, bradiston said:

No, no calls. What's Hotstar?

There are only two varieties; as aforementioned. Bought with SIM or add-on. With SIM has the call element. 
Google can help you with Disney+ Hotstar. It’s Indian owned in a tie up with Disney. 

If you don’t have the call element, then it’s not a Marathon SIM pack, but perhaps an Unlimited 10 Mbps pack or some such. But even those have unlimited calls attached and a better than the Marathon SIM packages, as they are actually unlimited; whereas Marathon pack have an allowance of 100 GB per month. 

Been wanting to pull the trigger for sometime,  on the Darkside I got B--, before Sop-- both piece of crap.  There was a time I got some NBA and NFL,  games now nothing.  

Any American shows or movies they show it over and over again and then some.  I've kept it because of my ThaI family paid year in advance until March but as I get older I'm tired of traveling to a sport bar to watch. 

Checked into TM-,  3BBB I have their internet service but can't seem to guarantee a package I could obtain these sports regularly same with True. All I want is to watch American sports, weekly shows even Fox News without all the bs lockouts and freezes. 

Not techno.

20 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Been wanting to pull the trigger for sometime,  on the Darkside I got B--, before Sop-- both piece of crap.  There was a time I got some NBA and NFL,  games now nothing.  

Any American shows or movies they show it over and over again and then some.  I've kept it because of my ThaI family paid year in advance until March but as I get older I'm tired of traveling to a sport bar to watch. 

Checked into TM-,  3BBB I have their internet service but can't seem to guarantee a package I could obtain these sports regularly same with True. All I want is to watch American sports, weekly shows even Fox News without all the bs lockouts and freezes. 

Not techno.

Wizztv.co.uk may assist you. I and many others have it and it works very well.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/

• Thanks 2